Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music?

Go down 
+23
Grimmo
metalheaded
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
bassman
Thrasher73
Vexer6
ultmetal
Hamer12
Sutekh
James B.
Required Fields
jstate
Addy
kmorg
Dark Horseman
Alex Dee Rokket
exact33
jettafiend
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
DevZor
Temple of Blood
corplhicks
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music?   Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 1:25 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Scott, thanks for sharing; I've been curious about how you managed Ultimatum and nolife while raising two kids. That's basically the kind of thing I'd like to pursue, which seems impossible now. Perhaps it happens when they're older?

As a guitarist, starting a thrash band is no. 1 on my bucket list.

You just have to make time for it around your family schedule, which sometimes isn't so easy. Also, I am blessed with a wife who put up with all my band/music stuff for all these years.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music?   Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 1:26 pm

That is a good wife.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music?   Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 3:53 pm

My wife is not into straight metal, but she has gotten heavily into some of my music. She loves and has gone to see both Alice Cooper and Pretty Boy Floyd with me, and we are seeing Andrew WK in June. She also went to see KISS with me in 2010.

We have a 16-month-old son, and I listen to music with him when we are hanging out, but I prefer to listen to things like Neil Young or Springsteen with him.

Also, I've posted this elsewhere before, but my tastes changes a lot after he was born. Things like Deicide and Carcass just had no place in a world where this little guy would wake up smiling at me. Definitely a persepctive changer, to say the least. Of course I still like metal, but am just less interested in listening to certain stuff.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music?   Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 5:41 pm

I used to always consider myself a good manager of time. Turns out I didn't even know what time management was until I had kids.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music?   Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 6:06 pm

No kids but my wife usually encourages me to play the music I want. She mostly prefers Iron Maiden or Dio - she's a choir singer so she enjoys bands with good singers (although guys like Halford turn her off because of the crazy falsettos). It's when I start getting into heavy thrash territory that she might turn around and request that I please turn it off Smile
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music?   Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 3:16 am

Things just took an interesting turn--my wife has been getting into Gossip Girl, God help us, so at night after the kids go to bed she watches her cringe-worthy show and I get to put on the headphones. For hours! It's been awesome, and we still keep the weekend nights free for mutual activities (hush. you have a dirty mind). I've also started my workouts again. That give me an idea; think I'll go start a new post...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music?   Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone married/raising family with little time for metal music?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3