Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+26
Witchfinder
jettafiend
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
iamrockerfun
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
nevermore
chewie
Sutekh
thejokeriv
James B.
Boris2008
manny
DallasBlack
kmorg
exact33
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
tohostudios
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 7:43 am

Behind the Music: Deep Purple
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:21 am

manny wrote:
Behind the Music: Deep Purple

x2
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:10 am

Fear Itself: Family Man

Dolores Claiborne

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Mama (2013) - Started off promising but you quickly realize how paint-by-numbers the plot is and then the final 15 minutes feel like it was pasted in from a completely different film. A stylish train-wreck.

Nobody Walks (2012) - Fairly aimless little indie, the meandering script negates some good performances.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 4:53 pm

Young Pioneers & Spirit Of The Eagle

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 6:13 pm

S.D. wrote:
Mama (2013) - Started off promising but you quickly realize how paint-by-numbers the plot is and then the final 15 minutes feel like it was pasted in from a completely different film. A stylish train-wreck.

Nobody Walks (2012) - Fairly aimless little indie, the meandering script negates some good performances.
I was afraid of that with "Mama". I thought even the trailer was "paint by numbers". Did Del Toro have anything to do with it other than "presents"?

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 6:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Did Del Toro have anything to do with it other than "presents"?

Executive Producer

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 7:42 pm

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Did Del Toro have anything to do with it other than "presents"?

Executive Producer

"Presents". Nuff said. He needs to learn to invest his money more wisely.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 7:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I really enjoyed "The Orphanage" that he exec produced, but that was a much better film overall than this one.

However, he can be blamed for Mama's shortcomings because the executive producer is the highest authority on a film and has to okay every aspect of the production.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 7:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I was afraid of that with "Mama". I thought even the trailer was "paint by numbers".

It had some great creepy moments but fell flat. My main problem was that the 'surprise ending' was predictable. These kind of movies always have those kind of endings and quite frankly, they get old.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:23 pm

The Little Patriot & Castle Rock

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:12 pm

Psych
Grimm
Big Bang Theory
Law & Order SVU
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:32 am

SilverLining Playbook
Broken City
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:44 pm

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I really enjoyed "The Orphanage" that he exec produced, but that was a much better film overall than this one.

However, he can be blamed for Mama's shortcomings because the executive producer is the highest authority on a film and has to okay every aspect of the production.

This. A good example is with Poltergeist: to this day, there are those who think Spielberg directed the movie, when officially it was Tobe Hooper. Spielberg was XP. It's just that Spielberg's authority is everywhere in that film and thus carries his signature.

Haven't seen Mama but saw some video with that anorexic Spaniard who played the part of Mama. Good heavens, what nightmare fuel he is.

Last edited by corplhicks on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Jennifer's Body
My Awkward Sexual Adventure

Both film have moments of mediocrity, but unfortunately those are the best bits!! lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:47 pm

Red Dwarf III
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 6:11 pm

Godzilla vs Astro Monster (aka Godzilla vs Monster Zero)
I'm revisiting the King Ghidorah flicks; he's my favorite Kaiju.

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 KingGhidorah92

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 6:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Godzilla vs Astro Monster (aka Godzilla vs Monster Zero)
I'm revisiting the King Ghidorah flicks; he's my favorite Kaiju.

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 KingGhidorah92

Very cool ! Excellent design for the monster. Majestic yet terrifying. I always loved how each head had it's own distinctive roar.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 6:50 pm

Plus he had his own theme music. You always knew when KG was onscreen without even looking.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Plus he had his own theme music. You always knew when KG was onscreen without even looking.

Ifukube was fantastic.

So what's next in your King Ghidorah que ? Destroy All Monsters ?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:26 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Ifukube was fantastic.

So what's next in your King Ghidorah que ? Destroy All Monsters ?
Yep! THen it's Godzilla vs Mecha King Ghidorah. I'm going to have to skip "Rebirth of Mothra" because my VCR ate that tape a couple years ago. I didn't really like it anyway; KG walks on 4 legs in that one and it doesn't feel like part of his mythos.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Mad Men - season 1

Finally got around to watching this show. I had tried a couple times previously and had a hard time getting into it, but I guess my mood was different this time and I got hooked in quite easily. Looking forward to catching up with the rest of the series on Netflix.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:28 pm

S.D. wrote:
Mad Men - season 1

Finally got around to watching this show. I had tried a couple times previously and had a hard time getting into it, but I guess my mood was different this time and I got hooked in quite easily. Looking forward to catching up with the rest of the series on Netflix.

Thank you, same story here. Tried it twice for about three or four episodes and it just didn't click, although the era and subject matter of great interest to me. You've encourage me to try it again.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:39 am

Monday Night Raw
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:01 am

How I Met Your Mother
Rules Of Engagement

then the Pirates/Brewers game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next