Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New shipping rates in the US

Go down 
+9
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Addy
Sutekh
Shawn Of Fire
SpectreFate
exact33
kmorg
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

New shipping rates in the US - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:28 pm

My wife and I signed up for Prime a few years ago with our first kid because we figured getting diapers and baby toys etc etc etc was going to run up a shipping bill. The 70 bucks we paid in was covered in the first month. Then I started buying CDs after ditching torrent sites and my ipod (another topic for another day). My budget each month is $100 for CDs, but I'm very sporadic about ordering them, never spending more than 20 in one day. So it really worked out; I recommend Prime for the shipping coverage and the instant streaming on the movies (quite a few titles that Netflix doesn't have). Plus, as stated above, it's free 2-day, soon to be same-day.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:41 pm

exact33 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Addy wrote:
If you guys use Amazon enough you might want to consider joining their Amazon prime program its like 80 bucks for a year but you get 2nd day shipping free. I used it as a trail then forgot to cancel got charged for it but since ive joined I dont pay shipping with Amazon Id only suggest it if you used it enough to justify the 80 bucks cuz it is a bit much but if you use it then it pays for itself

Don't be surprised if Amazon changes that policy once these new shipping fees kick in.

Amazon Prime does not use USPS. They use common carriers or UPS so nothing will be changing with Prime. In fact, Amazon is moving to same day shipping , if you can believe that. They are opening shipping centers all over the country and near all major cities to accomplish this. So you will order a CD at 10 am and it will be at your door that afternoon.

Amazon Prime rocks. I buy a ton of stuff from them and Prime is great.

I have it as well. I ordered a book on Sunday night and Monday morning it was in my hands. The best part is, I never paid for the service, my sister did, she just signed me in a program where a friend/family member can get it free for like 2 or 3 years. Score!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:52 pm

And now the American government is talking about a tax on internet sales, which if it goes through, will just make online purchases even higher.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 5:53 pm

And will slow down internet sales.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:33 am

and my state is trying to tax you on items you didnt buy in the state - using credit card companies to keep track of your spending and send you a tax bill for the stuff not purchased in Maryland.

But that is not surprising - they just passed a rain tax. You now have to pay a tax on the portion of your property that storm water runs off of (i.e. driveways, roof, sheds)

tax and spend, tax and spend.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:10 pm

Remember, all our money belongs to the government. They're just benevolent enough to let us keep some of it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:22 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Remember, all our money belongs to the government. They're just benevolent enough to let us keep some of it.

maybe it is time to look for another country to live in Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New shipping rates in the US
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2