Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New shipping rates in the US

Go down 
+9
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Addy
Sutekh
Shawn Of Fire
SpectreFate
exact33
kmorg
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

New shipping rates in the US Empty
PostSubject: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Wow, this has to kill a lot of business for places like Amazon. I just tried to order 2 CD's from Amazon, with a combined price of approx. $12 US On top of that they wanted $30 US for the shipping!!

This will kill a lot of shopping for me Sad

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:16 pm

kmorg wrote:
Wow, this has to kill a lot of business for places like Amazon. I just tried to order 2 CD's from Amazon, with a combined price of approx. $12 US On top of that they wanted $30 US for the shipping!!

This will kill a lot of shopping for me Sad

i am kinda puzzled by the move as well - for all the post office complains about losing money, raising prices to the point where people do not ship stuff overseas seems self-defeating. I cannot trade overseas now because of the shipping.

SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:31 pm

I say we beat up Wayne because of this.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:19 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Razz

and then pillage his house for his cds!!!

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 2:35 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Ah, this is how he can afford all those fancy comic-strips on facebook!

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 4:41 pm

It's really going to hurt the sellers too. Tribunal's overseas business is in real trouble...it's where he sells most of his Divebomb stuff.

He told me just to put a single CD in a bubble mailer and mail it overseas is $8 minimum now. He's working out things like removing the jewel cases, trying to encourage people to buy more than one title at a time AND even altering his release dates to release more titles on each release day so people can get more for their shipping dollar.

It's not good...

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 5:27 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It's really going to hurt the sellers too. Tribunal's overseas business is in real trouble...it's where he sells most of his Divebomb stuff.

He told me just to put a single CD in a bubble mailer and mail it overseas is $8 minimum now. He's working out things like removing the jewel cases, trying to encourage people to buy more than one title at a time AND even altering his release dates to release more titles on each release day so people can get more for their shipping dollar.

It's not good...

yeah - I hope those things will help matt. I really dont see how the increase will help the post office if people stop shipping stuff.

Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:12 am

I buy most of my CDs from the US, as even with postage, it's still cheaper than buying from Australia. With this change, however, my buying habits will have to change. This can only be bad news for small-time sellers and companies.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 6:09 am

If you guys use Amazon enough you might want to consider joining their Amazon prime program its like 80 bucks for a year but you get 2nd day shipping free. I used it as a trail then forgot to cancel got charged for it but since ive joined I dont pay shipping with Amazon Id only suggest it if you used it enough to justify the 80 bucks cuz it is a bit much but if you use it then it pays for itself
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 9:58 am

Addy wrote:
If you guys use Amazon enough you might want to consider joining their Amazon prime program its like 80 bucks for a year but you get 2nd day shipping free. I used it as a trail then forgot to cancel got charged for it but since ive joined I dont pay shipping with Amazon Id only suggest it if you used it enough to justify the 80 bucks cuz it is a bit much but if you use it then it pays for itself

Don't be surprised if Amazon changes that policy once these new shipping fees kick in.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:23 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Addy wrote:

Don't be surprised if Amazon changes that policy once these new shipping fees kick in.

Amazon Prime does not use USPS. They use common carriers or UPS so nothing will be changing with Prime. In fact, Amazon is moving to same day shipping , if you can believe that. They are opening shipping centers all over the country and near all major cities to accomplish this. So you will order a CD at 10 am and it will be at your door that afternoon.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Addy wrote:

Amazon Prime does not use USPS. They use common carriers or UPS so nothing will be changing with Prime. In fact, Amazon is moving to same day shipping , if you can believe that. They are opening shipping centers all over the country and near all major cities to accomplish this. So you will order a CD at 10 am and it will be at your door that afternoon.

You might see UPS and other carriers raising their rates as well because they can. Still probably cheaper than USPS though. All I'm saying is that there is going to be other unexpected fallout as a result of this rate increase that noone thought of in the long run.

I dunno. I don't use Amazon Prime. Just thinking outloud, ya know.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 12:56 pm

I was wondering if these sellers had looked into UPS? They used to have deals if you used them a lot though I haven't been in the shipping business in almost 10 years.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 7:00 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Addy wrote:

Amazon Prime rocks. I buy a ton of stuff from them and Prime is great.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:17 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Addy wrote:

For some things they do and Ive already cancelled mine so in August I think it will expire so until then im enjoying the benefits
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:36 am

Anyone else notice Amazon raised their shipping rates? Cds went from $2.98 to $3.99. Ouch.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:42 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Anyone else notice Amazon raised their shipping rates? Cds went from $2.98 to $3.99. Ouch.

ouch is right. I just mailed a cd with case yesterday and it was $2

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:45 am

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Check me if I'm wrong, but Amazon Prime doesn't cover used purchases right?

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:49 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

it does not cover anything that is sent by private sellers, which includes used but also includes new.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:53 am

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

it does not cover anything that is sent by private sellers, which includes used but also includes new.

Yea, that's what I thought. Oh well, that leaves me out. 99.9% of my Amazon purchases have been from 2nd party sellers. I think I only purchased once from Amazon directly.

That's stinks, but I kinda figured a price hike was coming. It's gonna make me think a little longer and harder before making blind purchases, that's for sure.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:01 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, that's what I thought. Oh well, that leaves me out. 99.9% of my Amazon purchases have been from 2nd party sellers. I think I only purchased once from Amazon directly.

That's stinks, but I kinda figured a price hike was coming. It's gonna make me think a little longer and harder before making blind purchases, that's for sure.

it also makes mp3s a lot more attractive.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:03 am

Never!!

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:07 am

it does for me. most amazon single albums are $8.99 and if shipping alone is $4 the price is generally going to be a lot higher.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Have to agree with exact here.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:40 pm

I've been ordering two or three CDs at a time from Amazon (or however many it takes to get to $25) in order to get free shipping. I figure I usually spend that much at a store when I'm on a spree, so why not. Hopefully that won't change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New shipping rates in the US   New shipping rates in the US Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New shipping rates in the US
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next