Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard

Go down 
+15
mikeinfla
80s Metal Lady
Eyesore
exact33
jettafiend
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
jstate
martinsane
manny
Dark Horseman
SpectreFate
tohostudios
brokentulsa
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Empty
PostSubject: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 6:44 pm

The Band Is Called '77 and the album is 21st Century Rock....available on amazon mp3
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 6:52 pm

Yep! We've talked about them before in various threads.

I've got 2 by them, 21st Century Rock and High Decibels.

For my money my favorite AC/DC clone is still vintage Rhino Bucket but these guys do it well too.

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:38 pm

I think these guys have the most convincing AC/DC sound. Cool

Accept NO substitutes.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:40 pm

Sorry SD but I'm a sucker for a good AC/DC-like band. I've got a vault full of 'em.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:45 pm

S.D. wrote:
I think these guys have the most convincing AC/DC sound. Cool

Accept NO substitutes.

This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard 604261
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Bar bands have to eat somehow, I only require the original article.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:48 pm

S.D. wrote:
Bar bands have to eat somehow, I only require the original article.

This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Ouch
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:50 pm

Since AC/DC only puts out albums sporadically, I need more to fill that void.

Like this:

Yeah, it's no vintage Miles Davis box set or anything but I know what I like and dammit I like this kind of music. Razz

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:55 pm

I like that kind of music too, but for me it's primarily a "live experience" kind of thing, not the type of stuff that I will listen to at home.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:58 pm

I guess that's where we differ the most. I'm way beyond the "live experience"; it's just not worth the hassle to me. But give me a band that I think captures AC/DC's vibe and sound in the studio and I'm all over it.

Rhino Bucket, Johnny Crash, Bullet, '77, Sideburn...I've got a lot of 'em.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 8:01 pm

Any way, I didn't mean to turn this thread into a debate so I'm off to watch "John Dies In The End" for the third time (it makes more sense with each viewing).

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 8:35 pm

I enjoy that sound a lot so bring it on.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 10:28 pm

I like '77 but there can only be one AC/DC and one Bon Scott!
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 11:24 pm

That 77 band sounds great.

I can't imagine a scene without AC/DC sounding bands. There are thousands that are really amazing.

One of my faves: Supagroup.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 am

Yeah, I like Supagroup too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:29 am

I never look at these bands as "clones" or having a "AC/DC sound". Obviously the influence is clearly there, but I think a lot of these groups bring their own thing to it. I'm a big fan of this "style".
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:43 am

Fat Freddy will remember these guys, they had the AC/DC clone thing down:

Of course, they through in some Def Leppard worship on their second release:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Oh yeah!! headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 12:04 pm

Those X-Sinner tunes are pretty good. S.D., didn't you say you liked some Krokus?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 12:16 pm

For some reason, I'm not a big fan of AC/DC "clones" either. It's not that they aren't good at what they do, it's just that when I hear them, I think "Hmmm, why don't I just listen to AC/DC?"

That being said, '77 are pretty good. I wouldn't go out of my way to pick up their stuff, but in the very unlikely event I ever came across their stuff used at FYE or something, I'd probably nab it.

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 12:44 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
S.D., didn't you say you liked some Krokus?

I owned One Vice At A Time and Headhunter on LP when I was a teenager. Lost interest around the time "The Blitz" came out.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Oh yeah!! headbanger

headbanger Get It is one fantastic album!!
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:07 pm

One of my favorite AC/DC clones is:

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 4:48 pm

While I see the AC/DC influence in X-Sinner they always reminded me more of High n Dry era Def Leppard.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 4:51 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
While I see the AC/DC influence in X-Sinner they always reminded me more of High n Dry era Def Leppard.

The AC/DC vibe in X-Sinner is way more prevalent on the first album (GET IT) cuz the singer had a Brian Johnson style growl.

When they replaced him on the second (PEACE TREATY) with a smoother voiced singer (Rex Scott) they sounded more like Leppard.

...and hell, High-N-Dry era Leppard were obviously very influenced by Bon Scott era AC/DC anyway so it's, like, the circle of life or somethin'. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard   This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This band is the best AC/DC sound I ever heard
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next