Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Blade Celebrates Its 30th Article

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Metal Blade Celebrates Its 30th Article Empty
PostSubject: Metal Blade Celebrates Its 30th Article   Metal Blade Celebrates Its 30th Article Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:50 am

From LA Weekly. Nothing really new but I love the underselling of their relationship with the Goo Goo Dolls. My understanding is that even today they still see a nice chunk of change for letting them leave Metal Blade. And for what it is worth those Goo Goo Dolls records for Metal Blade are incredible IMO.

http://www.laweekly.com/2012-11-29/music/metal-blade-records-brian-slagel-slayer-gwar/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade Celebrates Its 30th Article   Metal Blade Celebrates Its 30th Article Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 11:23 am

Cool article. Wish it was longer. Not sure why, but this line made me laugh...

Quote :
Dave Brockie (aka Oderus Urungus, leader of Gwar): "...We had a song called "Baby D*ck F*ck." It's a horrible song".

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade Celebrates Its 30th Article   Metal Blade Celebrates Its 30th Article Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 1:11 pm

The LA Weekly is my preferred reading while sitting on the throne, cool little article. It made me want to hear that Armored Saint EP again.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade Celebrates Its 30th Article   Metal Blade Celebrates Its 30th Article Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:17 pm

Too bad Slagel has pretty much not released anything decent in the last 20 of those 30 years [with a very few exceptions].
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade Celebrates Its 30th Article   Metal Blade Celebrates Its 30th Article Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Blade Celebrates Its 30th Article
Page 1 of 1