Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden vs. KISS

Go down 
+18
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
nevermore
tohostudios
thejokeriv
Lari
kmorg
manny
Leatherface
MoonChild
James B.
Gryphon-kl
chewie
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
mc666
SpectreFate
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Pick One
KISS
Iron Maiden vs. KISS - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Iron Maiden vs. KISS - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 6 ]
Iron Maiden
Iron Maiden vs. KISS - Page 2 Vote_lcap79%Iron Maiden vs. KISS - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 79% [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Iron Maiden vs. KISS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:40 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Did I even need to say anything for someone to know who I choose? Very Happy Kiss is the more influential though. I've met a few people who never heard of Maiden, but I've never met anyone who doesn't know Kiss.

I didn't take that into account. Everyone knows about KISS, not so much Maiden. I suppose I was just looking at it from a metal fan's perspective.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:16 pm

I was a huge Iron Maiden fan when I was in junior high (late 1980s--I'm old). I bought metal magazines and made a scrapbook of their articles and my door was covered with their pin-ups and I had posters all over my walls and wore tons of their square buttons (remember those?).

But, before that, I was a huge KISS fan. Some of the first albums I ever had were KISS records my mom bought me from thrift stores, parking lot sales, used book/record stores, etc. (Gene Simmons solo, Dressed To Kill, The Originals, Double Platinum, Destroyer). I still listen to their music regularly. I have a set of KISS Majik Market cups on my bookcase I see everyday. I don't listen to Maiden near as much as I did back in the day while I've since collected KISS albums I didn't have back then (Elder, Creatures, the other solo albums etc.) and love them (even Peter's solo albums). So, to me, KISS is an easy choice. They are a top 5 band (maybe #1) off all time for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 am

SpectreFate wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Did I even need to say anything for someone to know who I choose? Very Happy Kiss is the more influential though. I've met a few people who never heard of Maiden, but I've never met anyone who doesn't know Kiss.

I didn't take that into account. Everyone knows about KISS, not so much Maiden. I suppose I was just looking at it from a metal fan's perspective.

Good point. I know my father knows who KISS is and might even recognize Gene Simmons. His grasp of pop culture expired around 1975. His knowledge of Iron Maiden would probably be limited to the bands actual namesake.
Iron Maiden vs. KISS - Page 2 Iron%2Bmaiden

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:06 am

"Throw them into the iron maiden"....
....."excelent !"

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 12:37 pm

James B. wrote:

....."excelent !"

headbanger There is actually rumors of the third d Bill & Ted movie to be released in the near future Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 1:04 pm

Iron Maiden because they never did a reality show.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 2:15 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
James B. wrote:

....."excelent !"

headbanger There is actually rumors of the third d Bill & Ted movie to be released in the near future Rolling Eyes .

Alex Winter has been the source of those rumors since Keanu hasn't been returning his calls. Razz

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden vs. KISS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2