Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden vs. KISS

Go down 
+18
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
nevermore
tohostudios
thejokeriv
Lari
kmorg
manny
Leatherface
MoonChild
James B.
Gryphon-kl
chewie
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
mc666
SpectreFate
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Pick One
KISS
Iron Maiden vs. KISS Vote_lcap21%Iron Maiden vs. KISS Vote_rcap
 21% [ 6 ]
Iron Maiden
Iron Maiden vs. KISS Vote_lcap79%Iron Maiden vs. KISS Vote_rcap
 79% [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Iron Maiden vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Which do you prefer? Who do you think is more influential?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Maiden was definitely more influential. but i'm not really a fan of either.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:54 pm

I prefer Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Not Even Close! headbanger
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:57 pm

mc666 wrote:

Hmmm...I guess I never knew that about you mc. Is Doro the only kind of "mainstream" stuff you like?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:13 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Hmmm...I guess I never knew that about you mc. Is Doro the only kind of "mainstream" stuff you like?
no way. i love so much music. everything from Flyleaf, Skunk Anansie, & Evanescence, to Pearl Jam, AIC, & Soundgarden, to Rectal Smegma, CBT, & LDoH, to Metallica, Megadeth, & Slayer. i also love non heavy stuff like U2, No Doubt, Fleetwood Mac, & Mary J. Blige.

i'm a total fanboy of Glenn Danzig, Slayer, Doro Pesch, Devin Townsend, Anneke van Giersgergen, & Judas Priest.

i know we've had some disagreements, but i've been here since 2006. surely you know me better than that?

SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Out of the old guard, you are the most mysterious to me. Smile I just know you as the Doro maniac who likes extreme grindcore.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:24 pm

lol, that's all true, but i just love music.

Last edited by mc666 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 11:44 pm

I prefer Maiden
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 12:58 am

Iron Maiden, easily.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 1:06 am

In my eyes....you wouldn't have Maiden as we know them without KISS.

I was the first person to EVER wear a Maiden shirt at my high school in 1981. Yet I sported a "Creatures" jersey in 83' right before graduation as well. The influence thing is very very subjective. It is a age thing really. I know more musicians influenced by KISS than Maiden. As in that KISS inspired them to pick up an instrument and learn how to play. I quit buying Maiden lps with "Somewhere In Time" and I still buy KISS lps.

Maiden has always been a metal band, at least with the albums I own and KISS is rock n roll band with metal tendacies. Maiden has been themselves pretty much and KISS has been more than obvious a trend following band. Maiden has way better album covers and t shirts. Maiden vs KISS as a business model. Now that is a comparison. KISS has the merchandise, yet.....Maiden has the MAJOR worlwide fanbase.

In the end it comes down to the front men......Paul is bald and Bruce flies a jet. So I guess that gives Maiden the edge.

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 2:06 am

Not really sure why we're choosing between these two particular bands, but I'll play.

I definitely prefer Iron Maiden and find them to be a superior band in just about every conceivable way.

However...

Kiss had their biggest years prior to Maiden even releasing an album, so they will definitely win on the "influential" front, because they had a good 6 years head start on Maiden. Plus a whole lot of bands in the 80s took various elements of what Kiss had done and re-vamped them for the new decade.

Maiden of course influenced alot of bands, but I'm not sure if they would technically be more "important" than Kiss, especially since mentioned earlier they haven't been around as long.

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 4:25 am

headbanger Iron Maiden headbanger
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18932

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 7:51 am

Maiden
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 7:56 am

I personally prefer Iron Maiden, and I listen to them more then I do KISS now adays, but I still choose KISS.

KISS was one of the first bands I got into, and saw live. As a teenager I spent a lot of time with those KISS albums, and I still love the band,
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 8:20 am

I like them both, and have no preference between them, but it is clear to me that Kiss is the more infuential band between the two.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 10:52 am

I pick KISS for influence and Maiden for preference.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39575

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Gimme KISS anyday. Although I do love Iron Maiden too.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Voted Maiden (duh!). KISS has a HUGE influence on many bands and have been around longer, but their influence is limited to the the original KISS. Additionally, they influence today has taken a huge hit, as they have two other guys dressed up as Ace and Peter. Granted, they have released two solid albums.

Iron Maiden's influence continues to grow. The fact that they don't want to be a nostalgia act (like KISS) gives them the edge in my book. And I seriously doubt kids are picking up the guitar because of Tommy Thayer these days, but Maiden is still influence kids to pick up instruments.

10 years ago, I think KISS would have won that battle, but not today.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 3:13 pm

Definitely KISS for me; I don't really care for Maiden.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 3:14 pm

I would say KISS is more influential.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 12:30 pm

I prefer Iron Maiden, but I think KISS was just a hair more influential, partially because of the "simplicity" of their music as opposed to the more complex arrangements of Maiden.

There was probably tons of kids that watched KISS and said "I could do that". And did. There's probably allot of kids that thought the same thing about Maiden until they actually tried to play it.

I have no musical talent whatsoever, so don't try any tell me how easy or difficult either band's music is. I don't care what you think.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 12:35 pm

(Head explodes)

Can't choose.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:26 pm

Maiden. I enjoy Kiss a lot but Maiden is a staple of metal and one of the measuring sticks other bands are judged by.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Did I even need to say anything for someone to know who I choose? Very Happy Kiss is the more influential though. I've met a few people who never heard of Maiden, but I've never met anyone who doesn't know Kiss.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden vs. KISS   Iron Maiden vs. KISS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden vs. KISS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next