Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mass shooting at Batman premier.

Go down 
+18
Mglaffas81
Wurthless
EmoElmo
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
MoonChild
krail
Required Fields
bassman
exact33
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
Coram Deo
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Empty
PostSubject: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:44 am

In Aurora CO. Mostly kids. 14 are dead. 50 wounded.

Senseless. Sick man. My heart goes out to the families.
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:52 am

This was all over the TV when I got up this morning. I can't even wrap my head around how insane a person would have to be to do something like this.

Jeez. Humans suck.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:02 am

Lunatic. I'm glad they took him alive though. These psychos always seem to get taken down (usually by their own hand) and leave behind plenty of unanswerable questions. Although,I'm sure there won't be anything coherent coming from the guy.

Here's the link for the Denver Post.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21118201/unknown-number-people-shot-at-aurora-movie-theater
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:21 am

This guy was a murdering sfincter, he deserves be thrown in a hole and forgotten about, I hope the media does not make him another famous mass murdering douchebag
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 am

I would have rather seen the guy taken out with a few well-placed rounds by the SWAT team. He doesn't deserve to exist.

Quote :
Some of those injured are children, including a 3-month-old infant who was shot.

It's weird. My first instinct as a father was "What kind of jack-ass brings a 3 month old baby to a midnight movie?"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:45 am

Yahoo News sez that the shooting suspect's mother, who lives in California, has told authorities that "they have the right person."

Yikes. Betcha there's gonna be some interesting stories coming out of that very soon.... usually when one of these wacko's gets arrested, the parents are the first ones to say "Oh no, it couldn't have been my kid."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:09 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I would have rather seen the guy taken out with a few well-placed rounds by the SWAT team.
agreed
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:14 am

You guys oughta check out the "Dark Knight" message boards at IMDb today... needless to say, they're lit up like a Christmas tree with all kinds of nonsense.

Some highlights...

People are petitioning Warner Bros. to withdraw the film from theatres out of respect for those killed, or for fear of copycat incidents.

Meanwhile, Batman Fanboys are crying because they think that the shootings will either A.) taint the film's reputation forever and therefore ruin Christopher Nolan's chance for an Oscar; or B.) Negatively affect its opening-weekend box office. Ummm, not looking at the big picture much? Twelve people are dead, and you're worried about whether or not the film will still open at #1? Good Lord.

There are even some conspiracy theorists who think that the shooter must've been hired by Disney/Marvel Studios in order to ruin the movie's opening weekend so that "Avengers" will remain Summer's box office top dog... I would hope these people are simply trolls partaking in some good ol' fashioned Internet douchebaggery at the expense of others, but you never know.

...and that's after only skimming the topics for a few minutes... Lord knows what other insanity is going on if you dig deeper.

I would hate to be a board moderator over there today....

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:48 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

There are even some conspiracy theorists who think that the shooter must've been hired by Disney/Marvel Studios in order to ruin the movie's opening weekend so that "Avengers" will remain Summer's box office top dog... I would hope these people are simply trolls partaking in some good ol' fashioned Internet douchebaggery at the expense of others, but you never know.

Pure idiocy either way. I've been meaning to head over ther to check out the posts but haven't done it yet.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Quote :
People are petitioning Warner Bros. to withdraw the film from theatres out of respect for those killed, or for fear of copycat incidents.

Cripes!! Now my wife doesn't want me going. "What if someone shoots up the theater here too!!" Thanks for your concern, honey.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Latest report I read sez that the shooter is a 24 year old grad-school dropout, and that his apartment was rigged with a bunch of explosive devices that will take "hours, if not days" to disarm.

Good grief.

This guy is not just some random nutball who snapped overnight... he'd obviously been planning this thing for a while.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:36 pm

People REALLY think the MOVIE made this guy shoot people???

angry

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

angry

I don't think people are blaming the movie are they? Sounds like this guy was planning to do something for a long time and just waiting for the right time to make his move. Unfortunatly, he thought a packed movie house was that time. Could've just as easily been a crowded sporting event or concert. No real security issues at a movie theater though.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

angry

I don't think people are blaming the movie are they? Sounds like this guy was planning to do something for a long time and just waiting for the right time to make his move. Unfortunatly, he thought a packed movie house was that time. Could've just as easily been a crowded sporting event or concert. No real security issues at a movie theater though.

Exactly...which makes it silly (IMO) for people to expect WB to pull the movie...

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:05 pm

if he actually planned this out, he could have at least waited for the next Twilight installment.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

angry

Exactly...which makes it silly (IMO) for people to expect WB to pull the movie...

What's crazy now is that movie theaters will increase their security and police presence now because of this stupidity in a effort to "rather be safe than sorry". Metal detectors and pat-downs. For a movie. Sad.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

angry

listening to the news this morning, they were suggesting on air what him do it was his ties to the Tea Party. This was, of course, later recanted when they discovered they had the wrong person who bore the same name. For it part, breitbart.com said Holmes had ties to Occupy Wall Street, which also has yet to be verified.

This was an act of a sick, demented individual's cowardly actions. Politics, guns, conditioning, movies had nothing to do with it.

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Where the heck is a law-abiding citizen with a concealed carry permit when you need 'em?

12 dead, 59 wounded .......because the only armed person in the room was the nutjob shooting everyone. I feel so bad for all those families that lost someone.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:28 pm

I heard about this. Very sad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
krail
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:32 pm

007 wrote:
Lunatic. I'm glad they took him alive though. These psychos always seem to get taken down (usually by their own hand) and leave behind plenty of unanswerable questions. Although,I'm sure there won't be anything coherent coming from the guy.

agreed. when the killer kills himself, i boil even more.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:20 am

He may have been out of his mind, he may have been insane, he may have been under the influence, but HE NEEDS TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE AND PUNISHED.

Prayers and thoughts sent out to all the victims and their families and loved ones.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:21 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

angry

Yeah, he would have probably done this during any major event where there would be a lot of people. Horrid, tragic event but these things are so rare, it is idiocy to be worried about going to see the movie or thinking about beefing up security at other theaters showing the movie.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Quote :
Where the heck is a law-abiding citizen with a concealed carry permit when you need 'em?

Not for nuthin' but this psycho went into an already-darkened theater, popped off a couple of smoke canisters and then started firing. Even if someone in the crowd had a gun, what would the odds have been that he or she could've gotten an accurate shot off at the guy in the midst of that kinda chaos? Dark room, full of smoke, most of the audience probably didn't even know where the shots were coming from.

Not to mention, he was supposedly wearing body armor as well. The dude came loaded for war.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Reading about the arsenal this guy was carrying had me questioning why any private citizen needs to have semi-automatic weapons with cartridges that can hold 100 rounds of ammo.

You don't need military grade weapons for hunting or home security, it's ludicrous.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:14 pm

S.D. wrote:
Reading about the arsenal this guy was carrying had me questioning why any private citizen needs to have semi-automatic weapons with cartridges that can hold 100 rounds of ammo.

You don't need military grade weapons for hunting or home security, it's ludicrous.

Guns dont kill - people do. Say what you want about it being a tagline, but its true. I own firearms but I dont go around shooting up theaters nor do I use/store them in an unlawful manner, joined by millions of law-abiding U.S. families who use the same firearms for common sports shooting, hunting and self-defense.

He also loaded his apartment up like a gigantic bomb - trip wires, multiple containers and other items that officials say likely would have blown up his building and those nearby. This guy made a conscious decision to use guns illegally and set a bomb to blow his place and unsuspecting police to kingdom come.

He knew full well what he was doing and it didnt bother him. That is the reason all those hurt and killed have suffered.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass shooting at Batman premier.    Mass shooting at Batman premier.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass shooting at Batman premier.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next