Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ding Dong Ditch Shooting

Go down 
+11
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
mlotek
Joe
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
GrandNational
mc666
Stender
DeathCult
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:56 pm

Holy sh*t, people are truly nuts:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/15/ding-dong-ditch-shooting-kentucky_n_877711.html?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C216113
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:02 pm

What an sfincter..lock that dude away.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:12 pm

haha i bet that punk kid leaves people alone from now on.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Every-time I read sad stories like this I'm reminded of C.S. Lewis saying that in the near future, people will no longer be human anymore.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Breaks of the game. I highly doubt that was the first time that kid hit that dude's door bell. When we were kids, we would torment people with that game. Kids do that sort of thing, of course, but looking back, I'm surprised someone never shot us. Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Breaks of the game. I highly doubt that was the first time that kid hit that dude's door bell. When we were kids, we would torment people with that game. Kids do that sort of thing, of course, but looking back, I'm surprised someone never shot us. Haha.
exactly. it's unlikely that this guy has always answered his door with shotgun shells. these kids have probably been tormenting the guy with this & much worse repeatedly & he finally lost it. you'll never hear about that though. was he wrong in shooting the kid? absolutely. however, this kid was anything but innocent as the article suggests. i'd bet my house on it.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:04 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exactly. it's unlikely that this guy has always answered his door with shotgun shells. these kids have probably been tormenting the guy with this & much worse repeatedly & he finally lost it. you'll never hear about that though. was he wrong in shooting the kid? absolutely. however, this kid was anything but innocent as the article suggests. i'd bet my house on it.

Sounds about right. And like Eyesore, in theory, I coulda/shoulda been shot 20 or 30 times in my youth for some of my shenanigans.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:57 am

Thats how we roll here in Kentucky.Haha
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:05 am

Everytime one of my cars have been egged I just shrug my shoulders and get out the cleaning supplies. Sins of my youth.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Joe wrote:
Everytime one of my cars have been egged I just shrug my shoulders and get out the cleaning supplies. Sins of my youth.
That's nothing. That's annoying. But banging on someone's door or ringing their doorbell in the middle of the night, for instance, goes a bit beyond that. We used to bang on people's windows! We'd sneak up, watch them as they were watching TV or something, and the hit the window or the side of the house. It would scare the living shit out of them! We saw this happen!

Funny then. Not so much now.

Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:40 pm

about time brats get theirs.

Like was said,
he must have been bothered more than just a few times to get angry enough to do that.

An even better plan though would have been to rig a trap up, so they get stained with indelible ink or paint so the police can catch them afterwards. Something that would not wash off their faces for weeks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Rolling an old tire down a somewhat busy road. At night.
"Accidently" lighting an abandoned car on fire with gas siphoned from the tank.
Smashing a windshield with a car jack-handle.
Running fishing line multiple times across a street between telephone poles. At bike rider head/neck level.
Antagonizing a cranky old German man that was known to drunkingly fire off his pistol into the sky on New Year's Eve.

These are "pranks" that could get your ass shot. Not that I ever did such things. Rolling Eyes

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Joe wrote:
That's nothing. That's annoying. But banging on someone's door or ringing their doorbell in the middle of the night, for instance, goes a bit beyond that. We used to bang on people's windows! We'd sneak up, watch them as they were watching TV or something, and the hit the window or the side of the house. It would scare the living shit out of them! We saw this happen!

Funny then. Not so much now.

Laughing

I did play doorbell ditch, but not during the middle of the night. hahaha. However, with the egg tossing we did save at least two dozen eggs each time, and at the end of the night we would drop them on the same car. The owner of that car had to wonder who he had pissed off to make them constantly dump eggs on his ride. I'm sure we lucked out on that one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:55 pm

Dang. I guess everybody has a "something I did as a kid that could've gotten me shot/beaten up/killed" story...

Worst/dumbest thing I ever did was chuck a bunch of empty beer bottles over a fence into the parking lot of a drive in movie theater (for members under 30 who may not know what a drive-in movie is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drive_in_theater Very Happy ), which resulted in being chased through the woods by an enraged security goon who I swear cleared that fence in one jump and came after my friend and I. We narrowly escaped by haulin' ass through the woods, coming out behind a store and hiding out in their (thankfully empty at the time) dumpster till the coast was clear.

Who knew that drive-ins had security guards during the daytime?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:13 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Every time I have to replace or repair my mailbox I just look at it as "karma". Although my real hoodlum days didn't happen until I was in college.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:21 pm

When I was a kid some other kids at my high school used to love driving around with ballbats smashing mailboxes. One old farmer got tired of fixing his and poured his mailbox full of concrete, the next time they drove by to smash it the kid's arm got broke when he hit the concrete-filled mailbox.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:38 pm

bassman wrote:
When I was a kid some other kids at my high school used to love driving around with ballbats smashing mailboxes. One old farmer got tired of fixing his and poured his mailbox full of concrete, the next time they drove by to smash it the kid's arm got broke when he hit the concrete-filled mailbox.

A guy I work with did that exact same thing. In fact he put up a "real" mailbox and told the PO to deliver to that one. He filled the bogus box with concrete and hasn't had any problems since.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:12 pm

I think actually shooting at them was too far. He could have easily fired a shot far away from the kids and I'm sure they wouldn't think of coming back. Or maybe he tried that before and they just didn't mention that part

Haha, but this reminds me of me and my friends some years ago. There was this guy that we would completely torment! One night as we got on his front porch we realized he was hanging out with the neighbor directly across the street watching, so we bolted and he chased us all over in his car. We managed to escape by hiding in a house under construction. Of course a week later we got right back to business. Fun times, I just loved that adrenaline rush!
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:11 am

The people in my town are so uptight that I'd probably be crucified for any of the stuff you guys did as kids. The police gave a 50 dollar ticket to a 6 year old who was riding his bike on the sidewalk. I'm not even kidding; the kid was crying, and then his parents came up, and he got off the bike and all that, but they still gave him the ticket. If I were the parent, I probably would've taken it to court, but I guess that's just another reason why I'm not a parent.

Anyway, that's my story! I have yet to fear being shot at, unless of course I jaywalk, then there'll be hell to pay.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:35 am

doorbell ditch ? hmmm, when I was really young, we called in Nicky Nicky Nine Doors , but I forgot the reason why. Maybe the game was to do nine houses/doorbells.

Since revenge has been touched upon, I was told at one printing place I worked at, somebody was stealing the brownbag lunches out of the fridge in the small cafeteria.

Well, someone had enough of it, and put yellow printer's ink on his sandwich instead of mustard.
Whoever took a big bite of it, quickly learned.

There was no way to hide the fact, so before lunch happened, he ran off for home, and did not return to work for days saying he was sick. Nobody would tell me who it was, but they said the lunch stealing stopped after that.
I had a feeling it was either one of the moochers who was always stoned or one of the guys that gambled.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:28 am

mlotek wrote:
doorbell ditch ? hmmm, when I was really young, we called in Nicky Nicky Nine Doors , but I forgot the reason why. Maybe the game was to do nine houses/doorbells.

Since revenge has been touched upon, I was told at one printing place I worked at, somebody was stealing the brownbag lunches out of the fridge in the small cafeteria.

Well, someone had enough of it, and put yellow printer's ink on his sandwich instead of mustard.

There was no way to hide the fact, so before lunch happened, he ran off for home, and did not return to work for days saying he was sick. Nobody would tell me who it was, but they said the lunch stealing stopped after that.
I had a feeling it was either one of the moochers who was always stoned or one of the guys that gambled.

Ooh, that's clever! I'll need to do that if someone ever tries stealing my lunches. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:38 am

holydiver97595 wrote:
mlotek wrote:

Ooh, that's clever! I'll need to do that if someone ever tries stealing my lunches. Laughing

Yeah, that was pretty good. I've encountered these problems at previous jobs. It never happened to me, but I vowed that if it did, it would be the only time. I would have put a laxative in a fake lunch.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:16 am

We called it Nigger Knocking. Not sure why.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:10 am

We called it Knock Knock, Zoom Zoom.

PostSubject: Re: Ding Dong Ditch Shooting   Ding Dong Ditch Shooting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ding Dong Ditch Shooting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next