Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for new American Power Metal.

Go down 
+11
Lurideath
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Andy
jettafiend
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Dark Horseman
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Looking for new American Power Metal.  Empty
PostSubject: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 5:23 pm

Just seeing if i've missed any of the newer bands in this genre.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:02 pm

How new is new?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Let's go last 5 years.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:31 pm

FAITH FACTOR - Against a Darkened Sky
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:13 am

Pharaoh maybe? Actually there are a lot of both new and resurrected bands who play in the more epic, manowarish vein (thats why I can't suggest anything Very Happy, cause I'm more interested in Vicious Rumors/Crimson Glory kind of groups). You can try to look through download sites (great source for info on newer bands).

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:59 am

Dont know if they would really fall under the power metal umbrella or not but I really like these guys.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:56 am

Yep, Pharoah is pretty good. AM is ok but seems uneven.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Howzabout Icarus Witch?

I believe they've replaced their singer recently; this is the "old" guy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Though about these guys, though they are with prog elements.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 1:55 pm

You dig Cage, right?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:40 pm

I liked 'em until the last two where all they do is play hyper fast and screetch a lot.

That Ion Vein is good, a mix of PM and prog metal but I like it. Almost like early 'ryche. Have to check out more.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:48 am

the Showdown!! All of their albums are thrash influenced traditional metal except for the first one which has them trying to decide what they wanna be.

https://youtu.be/sStNYq0swXY
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:05 pm

Most new American power metal features a lot of progressive influence. The styles seem to go hand in hand.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:41 pm

Had to go back and check out Cage's Supremacy of Steel and it's better then Science of Ann. Have to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:48 pm

I guess White Wizzard might fit here. Maybe a bit more "traditional" metal more than "power" if you're gonna split hairs.

They have an ep and 2 full lengths out. I'm partial to the Over the Top ep myself, but their debut is good too. Haven't heard Flying Tigers yet.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:55 pm

Oh yeah, more NWOBHM but good band.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Not a new band, but the latest Riot album might be of your liking.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Yes it is!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Ignitor - Year Of The Metal Tiger
Rage-21
Ruthless - Metal Without Mercy [Reissue]
Revenge - Metal Is Addiction And Obsession
Futures End - Memoirs of a Broken Man
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:28 pm

I know a few of those aren't American like Rage, but its A KILLER album!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Howzabout Ravage?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Howzabout Icarus Witch?

I believe they've replaced their singer recently; this is the "old" guy.

This is an example that Power Metal is a silly term nowadays. And probably always was. IW is (Traditional) Heavy Metal no more nor less. I agree what Dunn said in the PM episode of Metal Evolution: "Why not call it Heavy Metal?". Stupid, meaningless term.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:10 pm

^^^ Well, excuuuuuuuuuse me.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:27 pm

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 7:34 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^^ Well, excuuuuuuuuuse me.

I just meant its like at least newer Traditional Metal bands are referred to as Power nowadays. Its a term that has lost whatever meaning it once had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new American Power Metal.    Looking for new American Power Metal.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for new American Power Metal.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next