Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?

Go down 
+34
muckie
brokentulsa
bgsully
asgard1980
journeyman
choosemetal
ZombieHavoc
Bouke777
80s Metal Lady
shed-rock
bassman
Eyesore
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
Addy
sovdat
jstate
Gryphon-kl
Wurthless
exact33
martinsane
EvyMetal
A Handful of Wayne
metalken
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
James B.
kmorg
Shawn Of Fire
manny
TheGreatDuck
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Empty
PostSubject: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:29 am

The first heavy metal CD I ever bought, as well as the first metal CD and the first CD overall, was Iron Maiden's Brave New World, in the summer of 2009, I think...

Other genres:
prog metal - Queensryche - The Warning
prog metal EP - Queensryche - s/t
speed metal - Judas Priest - Painkiller
thrash metal - Slayer - Reign in Blood
stoner rock/metal - Spiritual Beggars - Mantra III
NWOBHM - Saxon - Wheels of Steel
'70s hard rock - Deep Purple - Machine Head
'80s hard rock/ hair metal - either Scorpions - Blackout or Whitesnake's s/t, can't remember now
death metal - Death - Leprosy
AOR - Journey - Departure and some Toto CDs
AOR compilation - Boston - Greatest Hits
prog rock - Yes - Close to the Edge and Relayer
power metal - Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the other side
blues-rock - Led Zeppelin - s/t
crossover thrash - Evildead - Annihilation of Civilization
synthpop/ new wave - Duran Duran - s/t
tech death - Death - Spiritual Healing
tech thrash - Voivod - War and Pain
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:57 am

The first album I ever bought was AC/DC- If You Want Blood You've Got It, and a hundred years later I still love it, I was 12 or 13.

Last edited by manny on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:11 am

The first music I ever bought with my own money was either Def Leppard 'Pyromania' or Journey 'Frontiers'...1983 & I was 12.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:35 am

I no longer remember what I purchased first, for my own money. However, I remember I won an LP at an amusement part in Sweden, and I traded it in for Saxon - Rock The Nations cassette. So that was the first album I owned that was my own.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:55 am

First album I bought was either Houses Of The Holy by Zeppelin or Performance: Rockin The Fillmore by Humble Pie. I had other albums but they had been given to me. The first single was probably "Squueze Box" by The Who in 1975. same scenario, I had 45's that were given to me.
The first compilation was this K-Tel records release called Gold Rock also in 1975. (I got some cash for my birthday) The first E.P was more than likely Maiden Japan.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:23 am

The first LP I bought was Def Leppard - Pyromania.
I then quickly followed that with:
Van Halen - 1984
Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love
Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:26 am

Might have been this...

The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? 220px-Chipmunk_Punk_Cover

Theodore was the true talent. He carried those other 2 hacks.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:28 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Might have been this...

The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? 220px-Chipmunk_Punk_Cover

Theodore was the true talent. He carried those other 2 hacks.

Laughing very hard My brother and I had that when we were kids.

A couple of years ago he re-discovered that LP in a box of our parents' records that had been stashed in the basement so he took it, just as a goof. He had some friends over to play cards 'n' drink beers sometime later and they were lookin' thru his records and found Chipmunk Punk. They all flipped out like "PLAY IT! PLAY IT!"

...my brother was amazed cuz he's got a pretty impressive collection of classic underground metal/punk/rock vinyl but the only thing that his stupid friends wanted to hear that night was Chipmunk Punk!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:29 am

Oh, and in answer to the actual question... the first rock album/tape I owned was AC/DC's LET THERE BE ROCK, which I got for Christmas in 1981. I was 11 years old. The doors to Hell opened shortly after I pressed "play" on it for the first time and I've been hooked on obnoxious music ever since.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:31 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oh, and in answer to the actual question... the first rock album/tape I owned was AC/DC's LET THERE BE ROCK, which I got for Christmas in 1981. I was 11 years old. The doors to Hell opened shortly after I pressed "play" on it for the first time and I've been hooked on obnoxious music ever since.

Bon Scott would be proud!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:33 am

Yup. Played that Chipmunk album a whole bunch when I was just a wee lad. Far as I know, it still could be sitting in a box in my parents basement. Their Christmas album is still a favorite at the MetalGuy compound.

As for hard rock, it would be a few years later that I think I picked up some Zeppelin and Aerosmith tapes at a flea market.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:37 am

I can't even remember what my first bought LP was but it almost had to be a KISS one. Which one, I'm not sure.

First cd I purchased was Tesla - The Great Radio Controversy, I believe.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:38 am

First album - KISS Destroyer in 1976 for my B-day when I turned 7 years old..... Can't remember the first album I bought with my own money, but was probably was Rock And Roll Over or Love Gun.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:41 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yup. Played that Chipmunk album a whole bunch when I was just a wee lad. Far as I know, it still could be sitting in a box in my parents basement. Their Christmas album is still a favorite at the MetalGuy compound.

Yeah, my Mom & Dad had the Chipmunk Christmas album (actually I think there were two of 'em!) when we were kids too.

Chipmunk Punk needs to be reissued on CD if it hasn't been already. Tr00 arcane Singing Rodent Steele!!

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yeah, my Mom & Dad had the Chipmunk Christmas album (actually I think there were two of 'em!) when we were kids too.

Chipmunk Punk needs to be reissued on CD if it hasn't been already. Tr00 arcane Singing Rodent Steele!!

1000% better then Killen!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:52 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Alvin could hit that high note in "Screams in the Night" better than the Killen guy. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Alvin could hit that high note in "Screams in the Night" better than the Killen guy. Very Happy

Laughing very hard

You're Killen me!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:22 pm

I started off with music very early (4 years old) with a stack of 45s and LPs my Mother had (The Doors, Steppenwolf, The Beatles, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Badfinger, The Doobie Brothers, etc.)

First albums I picked out on my own:

Kiss - Rock 'n' Roll Over (1976)
Kiss - Alive (1976)
Heart - Dreamboat Annie (1976)
Boston - Boston (1976)
Queen - News Of The World (1977)
Electric Light Orchestra - Out Of The Blue (1977)
Supertramp - Even In The Quietest Moments (1977)
Heart - Little Queen (1977)

Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:45 pm

James B. wrote:

The first compilation was this K-Tel records release called Gold Rock also in 1975. (I got some cash for my birthday) The first E.P was more than likely Maiden Japan.

K-Tel was the bomb back in my pre teen years in the 70's. I think the first record that was mine was a 50's Rock and Roll thing given to me from my aunt. Otherwise the only music in our house was country. My dad ruled the living room record player counsel.
I cannot remember what was my first bought record with my own money (saved up allowance), but it was probably Van Halen II or something like that in 1979.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:02 pm

First cd I ever bought was Helloween- Pink Bubbles Go Ape
I didn't have a cd player yet but since I knew I would get one eventually I had to get the cd. I was still pretty young and I think I got my mom to get it for me. She wasn't too happy that it cost $25 but I talked her into getting it lol.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:33 pm

It was either Ramones - Rocket To Russia, or Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:06 pm

That is a tuff question, I know I did 8-tracks for a while in my formidable years with goodies from Reo Speedwagon, The Who, Supertramp and the like.

My first cassettes that I bought were Black Sabbath Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules.

I think vinyl was Kiss-Alive II

And the first CD I bought was Salty Dogs-Every Dog Has His Day.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:53 pm

first LP was the soundtrack to Star Wars at the age of 5

Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 pm

I'm relatively sure my first CD purchase was a Black Sabbath greatest hits comp. I think my first full album purchase was either Number of the Beast, or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, though.
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:54 pm

First album I bought: Def Leppard - Pyromania (cassette), at 13 or 14.
First EP was the self-titled one from either Queensrÿche or Rail.
First CD was Warlock - Burning the Witches.
First compilation might have been Metalmania (Columbia/CBS hard rock/metal bands) or Metal Wars (K-Tel collection) or British Steel (Early '80s new material; mostly NWOBHM) or Metal Killers 2 (Castle release, also largely NWOBHM) or... Let's just say I picked up a lot of compilations to learn of bands I'd never heard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next