Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Megadeth news

Go down 
+6
ultmetal
Smindas
Lurideath
Metal Misfit
mc666
Rex
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 6:02 pm

I guess I lost interest in them since Martys departure. Really have not been into the recent material. I was looking at the official site. Found some cool pieces of news. Some of this may be old to some

Dave Mustaine dropped ESP and went with Dean guitars
Megadeth signed with Roadrunner.
Megadeths new album artwork released

Dave Mustaine dropped ESP and went with Dean guitars. I love ESP guitars, but Dean makes some good ones. It is what DIME played, so HAIL

Megadeth signed with Roadrunner. That is cool. I like most of the bands on that label, Obituary, King Diamond, Slipknot. Maybe it will help Megadeth being on a smaller label.

Megadeths new album artwork released. I do not like it at all. It looks cheesy. I think Rex should have submitted something, he could have done something much better than that crap
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 7:14 pm

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
Megadeth signed with Roadrunner. That is cool. I like most of the bands on that label, Obituary, King Diamond, Slipknot. Maybe it will help Megadeth being on a smaller label.
I read the other day that Roadrunner was bought out by a big time label. I don't remember right now which one, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
Megadeths new album artwork released. I do not like it at all. It looks cheesy. I think Rex should have submitted something, he could have done something much better than that crap
Thanks for the vote of confidence! But as I said on another board, Dave was looking for someone that he thought would be able to do something similar to Ed Ripka's classic artwork. Which is why I think they held the Deviant Art contest to redesign Vic. Funny thing is, the winner of the competition is NOT the person who did the new Megs artwork. So I guess that might shoot down my theory to a degree.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 7:21 pm

http://billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i42a5a8761181e99a1e4278c7acaa2c8b

Quote :

WMG Completes Roadrunner Buy
January 30, 2007 - Indies

By Lars Brandle, London

Warner Music Group Corp. has completed its deal to acquire a 73.5% stake of Roadrunner Music Group B.V., the Amsterdam-based parent company of hard rock and heavy metal label Roadrunner Records.

WMG disclosed its plans Dec. 18 to buy the stake in Roadrunner for $73.5 million.

The transaction, which was subject to regulatory approval in Germany, has now been cleared, WMG said in a statement issued Monday (Jan. 29).

Roadrunner managing director Cees Wessels, who founded the company in 1980, will continue to head the label and operate it as a freestanding entity within WMG's Atlantic Group.

Island Def Jam has been distributing Roadrunner, perhaps best known as the home to rock radio staple Nickelback, for the last five years. The move and corresponding sale of a majority stake in the label to WMG comes at the recent conclusion of a five-year 50-50 joint venture between Roadrunner and IDJ parent Universal Music Group.
Back to top Go down

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 7:22 pm

Wikipedia says they were bought out by Warner music. That is such a bummer to me. I have been a fan of Roadrunner for a long time. Some of my all time favorite releases came from them. Hopefully things will not change, guess time will tell.

The winner did not even do the work? I will have to find out what is up with that. Either way, sorry to those that like it. I think the new album art kinda stinks. I know it is about the music, but for hardcore collectors it is also about the art. Otherwise we would just download everything
Back to top Go down

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 8:07 pm

The music they've released from it is damn good.Wink
Back to top Go down

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 10:03 pm

Roadrunner has gone down the tubes in recent years, especially with those damn reissues of albums 6 months old.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 10:19 pm

i agree with eyesore. Roadrunner went downhill a few years back. dropping most of their long time acts in favor of more commercial bands. good business? i guess so, but i lost interest in them.

especially after Deicide & Obituary left them.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 4:07 pm

There's larger picture available at http://www.megadeth.com/ualitho/UA-LITHO.jpg. Is this supposed to be Vic before he became the skeleton we all know and love? Razz When they have a Deviant Art contest for the cover? I don't remember ever hearing about that.

And is it my imagination or was there a totally different cover at one point? I remember seeing it when the original release date was late '06. I think you could see Vic's face in the flames and it had the flags of the UN on it.

Still, this new cover is okay, I really like the angels and explosions in the back ground. The angel and Vic are kinda "eh" though.

EDIT: Here's the original picture... http://www.undispatch.com/archives/United_Abominations.jpg
I kinda like the original better.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 4:32 pm

I stopped liking Megadeth when they released Rust In Peace. Could not get into it! Then when I seen the home video they released called "Rusted Pieces" and I hated it! I thought the drummer was an egomaniac! I still dislike them quite a bit.

When reviews came out on their last album, too much a$$ kissing was going on! The album SUCKED to me.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 4:35 pm

Nick Menza came across as an ego-maniac? I don't remember much about the Rusted Pieces DVD, but generally Nick comes across as a friendly guy to me.

But then again, you and I have very different opinions as I think RIP is the definitive Megadeth album Very Happy

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 12:19 am

Lurideath wrote:
I stopped liking Megadeth when they released Rust In Peace. Could not get into it! Then when I seen the home video they released called "Rusted Pieces" and I hated it! I thought the drummer was an egomaniac! I still dislike them quite a bit.

When reviews came out on their last album, too much a$$ kissing was going on! The album SUCKED to me.
i got out of them, after Rust In Peace, which i consider the greatest thrash album ever made. they followed it up with Countdown which wasn't all that great. i still like Megadeth, but not all that much. i still worship RIP though. Some Megadeth news 604261

Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 8:00 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
There's larger picture available at http://www.megadeth.com/ualitho/UA-LITHO.jpg. Is this supposed to be Vic before he became the skeleton we all know and love? Razz When they have a Deviant Art contest for the cover? I don't remember ever hearing about that.

The Deviant Art contest wasn't to design the new cover, it was to design and reinvent a new Vic.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 8:18 am

Here is the DA contest winner:

Some Megadeth news 1

Here is the entry from the guy who did the new album cover.

Some Megadeth news 2
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 8:34 am

I like the image above better than the cover they went with. The color of Vic's skin is better, as well as the angelic creature.

What is that in his hand? A Scorpion? GO SCORPS!

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 9:33 am

Yah, I think the coloring is better on that than on the new cover. At least with the grey skin, it still looks somewhat like Vic (like maybe he had been regenerated or something?). The angelic being also looks more rugged and tough there.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 9:37 am

As was posted above, those colors were originally used. I dunno why Dave had him change the colors. Oh well.

Some Megadeth news United_Abominations
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 2:49 am

Eh, you guys are crazy, Rust in Peace is awesome, and Countdown to Extinction is awesome. But yeah the cover is supposed to have Vic on it kinda like that (the one with the crazier, brighter colors). I'm sure the cover won't look so weird when it's actually in print and in front of me, on the album insert anyway. But , yeah seriously I cannot wait for this new album!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 4:06 am

Can't wait for the new cd to come out. The artwork is cool. It's not their best but cool.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 6:49 am

i like the new artwork and his new dean guitar looks similar to the esp one. in fact i saw his guitar in the new a tout le monde video and thought it was a jackson!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some Megadeth news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Megadeth news   Some Megadeth news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Megadeth news
Page 1 of 1