Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MEGADETH NEWS!

Go down 
+50
Dark Horseman
chewie
The_Jayroh
adrian
Witchfinder
GrandNational
MEGATRON
mlotek
exact33
SpectreFate
Mglaffas81
holydiver97595
Required Fields
Shawn Of Fire
metalinmyveins
Storm_Rider89
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
Addy
Joe
vanillaviking
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
metallicleora
DeathCult
Leatherface
DallasBlack
Gilbert
akeldama
thejokeriv
FlyingV
kmorg
manny
Smindas
mc666
fingers
shamgar75
XYZ
MetalGuy71
jksilvi
Fat Freddy
MetalH
Mr Meshuggah
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
Eyesore
Schbopo
7thSaviour
54 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:33 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net

Bassist David Ellefson has rejoined Megadeth permanently! Welcome back, David! MEGADETH NEWS! 11840
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:37 pm

Ellefson is probably my favorite metal bassist, and an essential part of the Megadeth sound. The stuff without him lacked that special umph. Glad to hear about this.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:55 pm

i.e. Ellefson needs money.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:56 pm

Quote :

"We'd like to thank James Lomenzo for several years of loyal service on the bass, and wish him the very best," Mustaine adds.

I'm glad that Ellefson is back where he belongs but i can't help but remember all that BS about James Lomenzo being his new best buddy (sidekick)... it's all business.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:58 pm

Was just reading this. I'm excited, James did great but Dave is such a part of 'deth.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:17 pm

I bet this decision was based on the Rust In Peace anniversary tour. Dave probably wanted the band to be more legit and have more than one original member.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I bet this decision was based on the Rust In Peace anniversary tour. Dave probably wanted the band to be more legit and have more than one original member.

Someone needs to convince Dave to give Marty and Nick a call.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:21 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

That would be nice but it's highly unlikely since Marty is not into metal anymore and Nick is unreliable.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:50 pm

Ellefson came crawling back with his tail tucked beneath his legs, but so what? This is for the best. Hopefully, this lights a fire under Mustaine and gives him the patience to deal with another label and put out MORE new music. MEGADETH NEWS! 11840
Back to top Go down
Mr Meshuggah
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:02 pm

AWESOME!

Hello all, I knew joining this forum was a great idea. Already getting all the intel on the best parts of metal!
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:09 pm

Great news! Lomenzo was good, but how can you go wrong getting Junior back?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:25 pm

Has Hell frozen over? I was under the impression that Mustaine still hated his guts.

Oh well, whatever. Welcome back Junior.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jksilvi
Metal novice
Metal novice
jksilvi

Number of posts : 38

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:46 pm

good news
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Can't say this has been a shock. Seeing the rotating members of Megadeth over the years, I know better than to get attached to any one hired gun, no matter how highly MegaDave speaks of them. And all of Junior's work outside of Megadeth didn't amount to a hill of beans. It was inevitiable. Well, welcome back David. You've been missed.

P.S. Chris, don't get too comfortable. Marty's got a few more Japanese game shows to score, then he's on the next plane to the United States. Where's Nick? Last I heard, he was playing drums for a Greek thrash band whose name escapes me at the moment.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:30 pm

It IS awesome having Ellefson back in the fold - he was an integral part of Megadeth. MEGADETH NEWS! 911681

Having said that, James Lomenzo did a good job on the last two albums.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:41 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
http://www.blabbermouth.net

Bassist David Ellefson has rejoined Megadeth permanently! Welcome back, David! MEGADETH NEWS! 11840
MEGADETH NEWS! 11840 MEGADETH NEWS! 11840 MEGADETH NEWS! 11840 MEGADETH NEWS! 11840 WOW!!!!!
Back to top Go down

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:07 am

You have to know joining 'deth is only a temporary thing.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:36 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Where's Nick? Last I heard, he was playing drums for a Greek thrash band whose name escapes me at the moment.
Memorain... he is also in the US thrash band Orphaned to Hatred.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:36 am

I honestly did not see that coming at all. Definitely a good thing for Megadeth, at the very least they'll have less of the image of being The Dave Mustaine Group. Sucks to be James Lomenzo, mind. Just shows how much Mustaine thinks of his hired hands, really.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:40 am

I am glad to see Junior back and if Mustaine is serious but closing the door on Megadeth's career this would be a perfect way to end it.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:19 am

Pretty indifferent to me. But it's cool they've patched thing up between themselves. It's always weird when the mud-slingers do a 180 turn though. Makes me thing there's more to it than kissing and making cash.... I mean.. up.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:31 am

Great news. No disrespect to James Lomenzo but Ellefson has returned to his rightful place in Megadeth. Can't wait to see them in Houston on March 25th.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:02 am

Schbopo wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

My thoughts exactly! MEGADETH NEWS! 11840
Back to top Go down

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:21 am

It was only a matter of time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MEGADETH NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MEGADETH NEWS!
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next