Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manowar

Go down 
+38
Required Fields
Glower
the sentinel
iamrockerfun
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
Orion Crystal Ice
Approval Guy
SpectreFate
Rami Airola
nevermore
ZombieHavoc
brokentulsa
A Handful of Wayne
stormspell
kmorg
exact33
Fat Freddy
Infinite
truerock
7thSaviour
thejokeriv
DeathCult
manny
Alex Dee Rokket
Psychotron
James B.
Dave the Boss
DallasBlack
Andy
Dark Horseman
jstate
Spiner202
EmoElmo
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
speed101
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Quote :
I missed the boat on Gods Of War

No you didn't... unless you're an incurable insomniac looking for a guaranteed sleep aid.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

No you didn't... unless you're an incurable insomniac looking for a guaranteed sleep aid.

See ? It's quotes like that which keep me away from it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:50 pm

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

See ? It's quotes like that which keep me away from it. Laughing

Don't take Fat Freddy's opinion as valid. Have you seen the kinds of movies he voluntarily watches? Wink
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:53 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Don't take Fat Freddy's opinion as valid. Have you seen the kinds of movies he voluntarily watches? Wink

This from the guy who recommended "Monster Dog" with Alice Cooper. (Which I have yet to finish, by the way... I just haven't had time to get back to it after that awful first half...!)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: "Battle Hymns" is one of the best metal albums ever recorded. Great songs, great vocals, great guitars, great drums, original style.

Even though people talk about MANOWAR a lot, I still don't feel this album gets all the recognition it deserves.

indeed, that record was a great harbinger and influence for power and heavy metal from all walks. I could wholly do without their constant misogyny in the old stuff, which ruins their work for me - although most will say it's just kidding around, etc.. - but this is very true about that early ManOwaR material.

Last song I think I liked at all was 'Sleipnir'. Last one which I think was a GREAT song was the 'Warriors of the World' title track. They are way way too inconsistent for me to worry a whole lot over though.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:03 pm

So, I finally got to spend some time lustening to The Lord of Steel, the retail version. Now, I have enjoyed all of Manowars albums, some more, some less. And I actually like most of the songs here as well. But what is the deal with the sound on this album? How on earth did they greenlight it as ready! Manowar have always strived to deliver great sounding albums, so what happened here?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm

kmorg wrote:
So, I finally got to spend some time lustening to The Lord of Steel, the retail version. Now, I have enjoyed all of Manowars albums, some more, some less. And I actually like most of the songs here as well. But what is the deal with the sound on this album? How on earth did they greenlight it as ready! Manowar have always strived to deliver great sounding albums, so what happened here?

It sounds like smurf poo, plain and simple. Have you heard the "Hammer edition"? Much better sounding, IMO.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

This from the guy who recommended "Monster Dog" with Alice Cooper. (Which I have yet to finish, by the way... I just haven't had time to get back to it after that awful first half...!)

Monster Dog rules.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:12 pm

[quote="Orion Crystal Ice"]
Temple of Blood wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: "Battle Hymns" is one of the best metal albums ever recorded. Great songs, great vocals, great guitars, great drums, original style.

I could wholly do without their constant misogyny in the old stuff, which ruins their work for me - although most will say it's just kidding around, etc.. - but this is very true about that early ManOwaR material.

Agreed on this point. And that goes for a lot of metal tunes, from bands like At War, Vio-Lence and Overkill.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:13 pm

kmorg wrote:
So, I finally got to spend some time lustening to The Lord of Steel

I know it's just a type-o Ken, but when applied to Manowar....takes on some really nice humorous qualities.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 8:27 pm

James B. wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I know it's just a type-o Ken, but when applied to Manowar....takes on some really nice humorous qualities.

like Kurt dressed in loincloth slogging through the cold winter nights Smile

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:16 pm

Kurt is coming to blow your speakers. Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 am

SpectreFate wrote:
kmorg wrote:

It sounds like smurf poo, plain and simple. Have you heard the "Hammer edition"? Much better sounding, IMO.

No, I missd out on that one. But didn't that version get slammed for the lack of sound quality as well?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:57 am

James B. wrote:
kmorg wrote:

exact33 wrote:
James B. wrote:
kmorg wrote:

like Kurt dressed in loincloth slogging through the cold winter nights Smile

Dark Horseman wrote:
Kurt is coming to blow your speakers. Smile

Like 3 or 4 serious post before you guys noticed? You're getting slow..... And old Manowar  - Page 4 387733

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:57 pm

kmorg wrote:

Like 3 or 4 serious post before you guys noticed? You're getting slow..... And old Manowar  - Page 4 387733

I was trying to underline the misspelled word in your quote and failed (Big Time) By the time I gave up and and said "fugiddabowdit", the serious guys had made their move.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:57 pm

And we're getting slow, and old. Manowar  - Page 4 11840See, doing this gives me a crink in the neck.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:00 pm

kmorg wrote:

No, I missd out on that one. But didn't that version get slammed for the lack of sound quality as well?

yes, but I think it sounds better than the Retail version.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 1:45 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
And we're getting slow, and old. Manowar  - Page 4 11840See, doing this gives me a crink in the neck.

snail and kill! snail and kill!!!

I personally am done with Manowar. I havent heard much since Kings of Metal that i have liked and had a little hope on the samples of the last album but its not all that interesting.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:30 am

I am really enjoying the title track on Lord of Steel

Excellent stuff
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Dig out your loincloths and baby oil!! Manowar announces their Farewell Tour...

Quote :
MANOWAR has announced plans to embark on a "farewell" tour. The band says in a statement: "The 'Gods And Kings' tour was a groundbreaking moment in our career. The stage, sound, video and you,' our fans, were magnificent!

"Coming off such an amazing tour, it was clear that the next time we must go even bigger and beyond anything we have ever done; something that will fulfill every Manowarrior's dreams. Then that will be the ultimate moment to say 'thank you' and farewell!

"The final battle will begin in Germany and take us all over the world to say goodbye to all of you.

"If you know metal, you know MANOWAR. If you know MANOWAR, you know metal!
"Those who join this tour will be left with an eternal memory; having witnessed the band that has dedicated their blood, hearts, souls and every moment of their career to true heavy metal.

"We are calling all Manowarriors to prepare yourselves now and to join us for The Final Battle!"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 4:40 pm

Oh no!! Whatever shall we do without the Men of True Metal Might to lead us?

Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:10 pm

saw them, like them but in real fact ?
i dont care.
im gonna try to catch them live again for farewell but they are forgetable.
btw. there's no true metal
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:45 pm

Don't worry, guys. Like most farewell tours, it's never going to end.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 6:02 pm

Quitting is so not True Metal.

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 6:08 pm

This was a lot of fun to read -
Back in the day, a good friend loved Manowar.....
He knew the lyrics, everything - lol
I bought a chance tape of them touring the world....wild stuff.
How did the drummer die ?
That sounds tragic...considering Manowar theme based songs.
I have buy 3-4 of their CDs this summer !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Manowar  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manowar
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next