Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manowar

Go down 
+38
Required Fields
Glower
the sentinel
iamrockerfun
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
Orion Crystal Ice
Approval Guy
SpectreFate
Rami Airola
nevermore
ZombieHavoc
brokentulsa
A Handful of Wayne
stormspell
kmorg
exact33
Fat Freddy
Infinite
truerock
7thSaviour
thejokeriv
DeathCult
manny
Alex Dee Rokket
Psychotron
James B.
Dave the Boss
DallasBlack
Andy
Dark Horseman
jstate
Spiner202
EmoElmo
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
speed101
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:51 pm

But someone had to keep the baby oil business going.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Now its time.
Manowar  - Page 2 Manowar-conceptual-lisbon
Back to top Go down
truerock
Metal novice
Metal novice
truerock

Number of posts : 7

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Manowar is a great band . They have made huge albums like :

Hail to England
Sign of the Hammer
Back to top Go down
http://truerock3.caster.fm/
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Guys, come on... stripes of a tiger don't wash away.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:28 pm

They play it loud, they don't play it low
They blow my speakers with rawk n roll.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Everything after Kings of Metal is absolutely dogcrap imo, with Gods of War being the pinnacle of pure, unadulterated, steaming horsesh!t.

this. I dont like anything past KoM.

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:23 am

exact33 wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
Everything after Kings of Metal is absolutely dogcrap imo, with Gods of War being the pinnacle of pure, unadulterated, steaming horsesh!t.

this. I dont like anything past KoM.
I really liked everything released after KoM up through Warriors Of The World, but then it started tapering off, so to speak. Too bad! KoM is one of my Top 20 Metal Albums of all time!
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 8:57 pm

For me what makes Manowar a good band is Eric Adams. He is the redeeming point despite the image and the lyrical content.

Instrumentally they are nothing to really write about - Joey's bass solos are utter noise and the guitarwork seems to me at least simplistic and not very inspiring yet not awful either.

Apart from Eric's vocals, the band has had some pretty good drummers too that I think add much to the catchy vibe of their songs.

With so many metal musicians nowadays stepping outside of their main bands and releasing side-projects or solo albums, I would like to see Eric Adams venture beyond Manowar. With his wide range and a good band backing him, coupled with some intelligent lyrics he could easily outshine Manowar. Perhaps that is the reason why he hasn't done anything - he is probably locked in some onerous contractual obligation to Manowar preventing him from doing music outside of the band.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Time to break out the loin cloths, baby oil and free weights, new Manowar on the way....

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 6:41 pm

that wasnt half bad...

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Their debut was legendary, but this new song is terrible! Totally generic. I'll be stunned if it took them more than 10 minutes to write.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 6:29 am

Always looking forward to some new Manowar. Say what you will about them, but they have stuck to their guns, religiously! Besides, good music is good music, regardless of imagery Very Happy

The King
exact33

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:11 am

kmorg wrote:
Always looking forward to some new Manowar. Say what you will about them, but they have stuck to their guns, religiously! Besides, good music is good music, regardless of imagery Very Happy

i just wish they would scrap all the orchestral stuff.

stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:11 pm

They should quit recording new albums and just play the 80s stuff when on tour.

Eric is phenomenal singer though. I witnessed their attempt in breaking the Guinness record several years ago, and the dude still had his voice after 5+ hours of constant screaming.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:01 pm

So I just read on Blabbermouth that Manowar is released the new album Lords Of Steel Sept. 28th. What I also read was this release will have a different mix and an additional song as apposed to the "Special Hammer Edition" that I got a few months back. angry

A DIFFERENT MIX!!!!???? REALLY!??? When I got the special edition I listened to it and thought it sounded way too weak. The mixing was bad it didn't have that Manowar sound to it and I actually didn't really care for it except for a song or 2.

I wonder if this was intentional the whole time and why the hell would they release that special edition if it wasn't really finished?. B....S.....

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:08 pm

They probably got a ton of bad feedback about the mix and decided to redo it. It is cheesy to release something, call it a "special edition", realize it sucks and then try to get people to buy it again for a new mix.

Send them a message and don't give them any more of your money.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:17 pm

S.D. wrote:
They probably got a ton of bad feedback about the mix and decided to redo it. It is cheesy to release something, call it a "special edition", realize it sucks and then try to get people to buy it again for a new mix.

Send them a message and don't give them any more of your money.

+1

I used to really like Manowar but now wont give them any of my cash.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Yea but how else is Joey going to afford to give his mother rent money if we dont buy his stuff?

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:19 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Yea but how else is Joey going to afford to give his mother rent money if we dont buy his stuff?

Male prostitute. He has the wardrobe for it already.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Ewwwww. Manowar  - Page 2 910652
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:45 am

Metal daze has got to be a top ten metal anthem! headbanger
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:33 am

I enjoy all of Manowar's output. I can see why some people don't get into them, but I just think they are fun. Like Thor. Just fun.

And, in my opinion, with Manowar, if you like one, there's no reason to not like all. They are all pretty similar. Equal parts metal anthems and crappy ballads. Manowar are not good with ballads, so I don't know why they insist on doing them.

But yeah, whatever albums you have heard and like...they aren't too dissimilar to the rest of the catalog. So here's another vote for Louder and Triumph, and I'll add "everything else".
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Whoa whoa whoa...."Heart of Steel" begs to differ.

Manowar are fun band. Yes, they are not everyone's cup of tea, but I like their stuff. The way Eric Adams sings on those early albums are mindblowing.

I have not heard "The Lord of Steel" yet and with what I'm hearing, it doesn't sound very good at all. Also, with the release of a new mix....that does not bode well either, and I would be pissed if I got the "Hammer Edition" or whatever that was called.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:27 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I enjoy all of Manowar's output. I can see why some people don't get into them, but I just think they are fun. Like Thor. Just fun.

And, in my opinion, with Manowar, if you like one, there's no reason to not like all. They are all pretty similar. Equal parts metal anthems and crappy ballads. Manowar are not good with ballads, so I don't know why they insist on doing them.

But yeah, whatever albums you have heard and like...they aren't too dissimilar to the rest of the catalog. So here's another vote for Louder and Triumph, and I'll add "everything else".

totally disagree. Their latter day output is a far cry from the albums up to and including Kings of Metal. They are so over-symphonic-ized its not even funny.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:21 pm

S.D. wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Male prostitute. He has the wardrobe for it already.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Manowar  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar    Manowar  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manowar
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next