Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal

Go down 
+64
stpatrik
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
candlemass
Witchfinder
fightingokra
Gilbert
iamrockerfun
scottmitchell74
Runicen
Glower
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
mikeinfla
Short-Fuse
metalhead777
Sutekh
Boris2008
deathisgain
Orion Crystal Ice
80s Metal Lady
EvyMetal
Clint-metalcdratings
Hamer12
MetalRob331
tohostudios
truerock
exact33
Psychotron
mlotek
Andy
martinsane
Wurthless
7thSaviour
firestarter
kmorg
Olafsto
arachnoplasma
Fat Freddy
Louder
stormspell
Gryphon-kl
Nico
NYCAnt
Dark Horseman
nevermore
Coram Deo
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
Required Fields
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
EmoElmo
Citanul
BearOnUnicycle
Joe
Vexer6
Wargod
mc666
ultmetal
Addy
Eyesore
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:37 am

Coram Deo wrote:
Wow. That will be the first Night Wish I buy since. Once. I liked it. It Sounds more like NW to me.

Question. Is that the same singer they got after Tarja left? And are any Of the other members different since then? It looks like a different band to me.
That's Xandria, not Nightwish. Haha. Sorry if that was confusing.
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:12 am

Eyesore wrote:
Coram Deo wrote:
Wow. That will be the first Night Wish I buy since. Once. I liked it. It Sounds more like NW to me.

Question. Is that the same singer they got after Tarja left? And are any Of the other members different since then? It looks like a different band to me.
That's Xandria, not Nightwish. Haha. Sorry if that was confusing.

If I'd a listened on a PC instead of my iPod it might have helped. Good stuff at any rate.
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 6:13 pm

What about Meanstreak?

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28477

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:32 pm

My favorite female fronted metal band is Chastain. Here are some songs of theirs for those unfamiliar with them...

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:46 pm

Required Fields wrote:
My favorite female fronted metal band is Chastain. Here are some songs of theirs for those unfamiliar with them...

They're definitely one of my favorites as well. Very Dio-esque.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:30 am

Maybe we should limit the amount of videos people can post on one band. Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:58 am

Eyesore wrote:
doesn't help when someone quotes the entire post either. Rolling Eyes
maybe we should limit people posting groups everyone & their mother already knows. i mean, Chastain, Lee Aaron, Hellion.... next someone will post "hey you guys should check out this singer named Doro.".

i just recommended these guys to someone here. good modern, proggy stuff.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:24 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
doesn't help when someone quotes the entire post either. Rolling Eyes
maybe we should limit people posting groups everyone & their mother already knows. i mean, Chastain, Lee Aaron, Hellion.... next someone will post "hey you guys should check out this singer named Doro.".
Although posting a video of a well-known band here and there isn't such a bad thing (like the new Xandria video I posted), I gotta agree. The problem is that most people who post in threads like this don't watch the videos others have posted, therefore they don't comment, they just post videos of stuff they like. I hate these kinds of threads where there's no discussion, just people posting video after video.

Anyway, Fluxious is pretty good. Kind of like progressive alt-rock. I dig it. Speaking of alt-rock, I recently discovered these two bands:

Alt-rock for teen girls, but I dig it. Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:33 am

The Letter Black sounds like Lacuna Coil gone ultra lite. not digging that clip. Icon for Hire is more punchy, at least in that vid. sounds like something i'd be more into.

here's a band Uncle Saxon turned me onto. unfortunately all i could find is a shitty live clip.

edit... here is a vid/comp

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:57 am

Yeah, hard to get a real good idea of what they sound like. I'll dig, though. Sounds like it could be cool.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:17 am

Here's a band worth checking out. They're called Colporter. I discovered them through CD Baby's $5 section. They used to have an album and an EP available there, but it looks like the EP is gone and the album is only available in MP3. They have another album, too—which I don't have—but again only in MP3.

Anyway, they're fantastic. Kind of groove metal, kind of industrial. Just great stuff. Here's a video:

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:34 am

I like that Letter Black group, I have a couple from them.

And that Colprter is also quite nice, I have the 2003 release Sovereign Mind.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39708

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:53 am

I never really gave bands with female vocalists much attention for some reason. I actually like what i've listened to in this thread and wouldn't make checking some of these out. Problem is,there's just too many bands and not enough dough. I guess there's always youtube to check out more of them til I hit the lottery.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Has Vainglory with Kate French been mentioned? I'd heard they had another album on the way.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:14 pm

martinsane wrote:

You have great taste for an 87-year-old.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:45 pm

I remember hearing Pat Benatar on the radio when I was a kid. I thought she sounded so tough, I always thought loud guitars and thundering drums were for boys! My awareness of female fronted metal came with Nightwish, specifically the track "Bless the Child". I fell in love with them right away and they quickly became one of my favorite bands, rivaling Iron Maiden!

Since then, my appreciate for ladies in hard rock and metal has shifted. It went from being a unique aspect to being a camp gimmick. Start a metal band, play mid-paced power-groove riffs, throw some synths/orchestral sounds in, get a hot chick with an average operatic vocal range, dress all in black and write a song with the word "angel" in the title. Aside from a few innovators, that is the formula that early pioneers like The Gathering, Nightwish, and Theatre of Tragedy have inadvertently created. Stick with the classics and the few fresh takes by bands like White Skull.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Andy wrote:
I remember hearing Pat Benatar on the radio when I was a kid. I thought she sounded so tough, I always thought loud guitars and thundering drums were for boys! My awareness of female fronted metal came with Nightwish, specifically the track "Bless the Child". I fell in love with them right away and they quickly became one of my favorite bands, rivaling Iron Maiden!

Since then, my appreciate for ladies in hard rock and metal has shifted. It went from being a unique aspect to being a camp gimmick. Start a metal band, play mid-paced power-groove riffs, throw some synths/orchestral sounds in, get a hot chick with an average operatic vocal range, dress all in black and write a song with the word "angel" in the title. Aside from a few innovators, that is the formula that early pioneers like The Gathering, Nightwish, and Theatre of Tragedy have inadvertently created. Stick with the classics and the few fresh takes by bands like White Skull.
But you can say the same thing about every genre. These aren't "gimmick" bands. These kinds of bands have been around for ages; just because mainstream or the "pop underground" picks up on them doesn't make them a gimmick. Exposure doesn't do that. Surely there are some manufactured bands, but they are faaaaaar from the majority.

And seriously, you think White Skull has a fresh take on this kind of music? Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:36 pm

This is my kinda jam here...

Siena Root, supporting their Kaleidoscope album. Too bad this lineup didn't stay together.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
martinsane wrote:

You have great taste for an 87-year-old.

lol!

Not quite 87, but feel so at times, now it is fixed...

On topic spinning an EP from a band called Joyride. EP titled Not A Hope In Hell. Appears to be a band from London and the release is on Kill City Records from 1993.

Nice little EP in a Runaways vein. The ladies do all vocals and guitars in this quartet.

Here are the only 2 Bing references to this EP.

http://morethansounds.voila.net/Chroniques/Joyride.htm

http://www.musicstack.com/album/joyride/not+a+hope+in+hell
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Here's the best Female fronted rock/metal band that never was. End of discussion........ lol!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:12 pm

This is great stuff! If your a fan of prog rock I think this is fantastic.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Here's some more:

Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:40 am

That The Letter Black - Fire With Fire video seems like pop like Miley Cyrus or Avril Lavigne.

I also like Chastain with Leather singing. One of my all time favourite albums is For Those Who Dare with "The Mountain Whispers" and the HEART cover song.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:54 pm

mlotek wrote:
That The Letter Black - Fire With Fire video seems like pop like Miley Cyrus or Avril Lavigne.
Well, I'll give you Avril Lavigne, but not Miley Cyrus. And they're heavier. But I did say it was music for teen girls. Haha.

Speaking of music for teen girls. I LOVE this song:

lol!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Here's a band worth checking out. They're called Colporter. I discovered them through CD Baby's $5 section. They used to have an album and an EP available there, but it looks like the EP is gone and the album is only available in MP3. They have another album, too—which I don't have—but again only in MP3.

Anyway, they're fantastic. Kind of groove metal, kind of industrial. Just great stuff. Here's a video:

that's good sh*t right there. her voice is the right pitch over the bottom heavy music.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next