Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal

Go down 
+64
stpatrik
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
candlemass
Witchfinder
fightingokra
Gilbert
iamrockerfun
scottmitchell74
Runicen
Glower
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
mikeinfla
Short-Fuse
metalhead777
Sutekh
Boris2008
deathisgain
Orion Crystal Ice
80s Metal Lady
EvyMetal
Clint-metalcdratings
Hamer12
MetalRob331
tohostudios
truerock
exact33
Psychotron
mlotek
Andy
martinsane
Wurthless
7thSaviour
firestarter
kmorg
Olafsto
arachnoplasma
Fat Freddy
Louder
stormspell
Gryphon-kl
Nico
NYCAnt
Dark Horseman
nevermore
Coram Deo
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
Required Fields
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
EmoElmo
Citanul
BearOnUnicycle
Joe
Vexer6
Wargod
mc666
ultmetal
Addy
Eyesore
68 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Empty
PostSubject: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:07 pm

I know a few others here really dig female-fronted bands, so I figured I'd start a thread to discuss some lesser-known bands that probably don't need a single thread dedicated to just them. (I did one of these long ago, I know.)

Anyway, I snagged Behind the Sorrow, by Six Magics, from CD Baby's $5 section recently, and I can't stop listening to it. It might be a re-release or re-recording of their previous album Animal, which seems to have the same songs. The first video below is the single version of that previous album, which sounds the same but maybe the production is a bit weaker. Anyone know?

They've been around for a while and seem to be listed as a power-metal band. Maybe on their previous albums, but not so much on Behind the Sorrow. It's a bit too slow and groovy for power metal, I think. At least overall; there are some faster tunes ("Run," for instance). They had a male singer for their first few albums, so they've probably changed a bit.

Either way, Behind the Sorrow is excellent. Well worth the $5! I have another one from them on order, so it should arrive soon. Hope it's good. You guys should check these tracks, though...

headbanger

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:18 pm

I havent checked the other two tracks but I REALLY liked the first one to the point of seriously thinking of ordering the cd

I also love female fronted rock if done right I love Autumn, Lacuna Coil, Runaways, Joan Jett (solo) Lita Ford (solo)
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:28 pm

Addy wrote:
I havent checked the other two tracks but I REALLY liked the first one to the point of seriously thinking of ordering the cd

I also love female fronted rock if done right I love Autumn, Lacuna Coil, Runaways, Joan Jett (solo) Lita Ford (solo)
That first one is brilliant! It's so catchy. I've seriously listened to it like 100 times in the past week. Haha. And the version of the album I bought definitely sounds better.

If you buy it from CD Baby, you gotta find two other discs from the $5 section to get the deal. But there are plenty of other great ones available. You just gotta dig a bit.

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Yeah I was looking there and I found another disk I want that was a cross of David Bowie meets Pink Floyd I could hear the Bowie influence all over the samples but I cant find it again to add it to my cart ugh

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:45 pm

It was Kelly Lockman & The Skeleton Keys

now to find one more....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:49 pm

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:59 pm

F*ck the Facts (Grindcore)

DödsÄngel (Black Metal/Crust Punk)

Cerebral Bore (Brutal Death)

Mares of Thrace (Sludge/Doom)

Izegrim (Melodic Death)

White Skull (Power Metal)

Landmine Marathon (Death Metal)

Tyranex (Speed Metal)

Lycanthropy (Powerviolence)

Animal Alpha (Hard Rock)

Cripper (Thrash)

Psicovomitosis Sadinecrootitis (Goregrind)

Last edited by mc666 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:24 pm

I love female fronted metal some of my favs are Earlyrise (newer american band) Crystal Viper, Triosphere, Bitchfire, Nemesea,,,,,,,there are so many out there and some are same sounding but if you look you can find some good stuff.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:16 pm

How about Crysis?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
How about Crysis?
do you mean Crisis? aka Karyn Crisis? they are pretty much very well known.
Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Dsc_032012-02-192123

Eyesore wrote:
I figured I'd start a thread to discuss some lesser-known bands that probably don't need a single thread dedicated to just them.

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:17 am

Well, I enjoyed Izegrim and Cripper. And maybe Animal Alpha. They were a bit weird, but I didn't dislike it. I also dig White Skull, but have heard them before. Nocturnal seemed cool, too. And of course I know and dig Hellion.

All the grind/crust/death/black metal stuff is usually something I can't get into. I enjoy some bands in those style, but very few, and I really have no idea what they do for me that others like them don't. It's weird.

Something in one of those videos reminded me of Mahavatar, which I'm sure most of you haven't heard, so here are two videos of theirs:

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:52 am

Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:31 am

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:35 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Dude, everyone knows that band! Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:50 am

Eyesore wrote:

All the grind/crust/death/black metal stuff is usually something I can't get into. I enjoy some bands in those style, but very few, and I really have no idea what they do for me that others like them don't. It's weird.
yeah, i guess you're no different than any of the other guys here in that regard. meh i took a chance.

Joe has some good selections!

EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:00 am

Cripper is good but is their music classified as Thrash? Sounds like Post Thrash to me ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:11 am

Thanks for the intro to Six Magics. Behind the Sorrow is on my list. Didn't see it on the $5 section, but yet again I only went through a few pages before giving up.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:47 am

EmoElmo wrote:
Cripper is good but is their music classified as Thrash? Sounds like Post Thrash to me ..
i would say they are thrash. so does Metal Archives, BNR Metal, & Spirit-of-Metal. ear of the beholder i guess.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:07 am

wmcollis wrote:
Thanks for the intro to Six Magics. Behind the Sorrow is on my list. Didn't see it on the $5 section, but yet again I only went through a few pages before giving up.

If you go there and select to view that album it theres a pic to the right saying you can get this for 5 bucks heres how. I might still get this as I found 2 cds from cd baby I liked just gotta scour the site some more i am sure i will find a 3rd cd
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:02 am

Eyesore wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Dude, everyone knows that band! Haha.

I dont think i've heard any of these bands that have been mentioned before.

Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:59 am

mc666 wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
i would say they are thrash. so does Metal Archives, BNR Metal, & Spirit-of-Metal. ear of the beholder i guess.

Too modern to my tastes
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:50 am

Thanks Monty and Joe.....lots to digest there.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:36 am

mc666 wrote:
F*ck the Facts (Grindcore)

I've seen them live a few times, and I've met the lead singer. She was really cool in person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:19 pm

mc666 wrote:

White Skull (Power Metal)

That's a new singer for White Skull isn't it? I gave up on them when they got rid of the other female singer. But this sounds pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next