Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal

Go down 
+64
stpatrik
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
candlemass
Witchfinder
fightingokra
Gilbert
iamrockerfun
scottmitchell74
Runicen
Glower
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
mikeinfla
Short-Fuse
metalhead777
Sutekh
Boris2008
deathisgain
Orion Crystal Ice
80s Metal Lady
EvyMetal
Clint-metalcdratings
Hamer12
MetalRob331
tohostudios
truerock
exact33
Psychotron
mlotek
Andy
martinsane
Wurthless
7thSaviour
firestarter
kmorg
Olafsto
arachnoplasma
Fat Freddy
Louder
stormspell
Gryphon-kl
Nico
NYCAnt
Dark Horseman
nevermore
Coram Deo
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
Required Fields
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
EmoElmo
Citanul
BearOnUnicycle
Joe
Vexer6
Wargod
mc666
ultmetal
Addy
Eyesore
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 2:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 5:19 am

Always been a fan of Katie Jane Garside Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:44 pm

I haven't heard of Daisy Chainsaw in a long time. This was a fun video that played a bit in Canada.

Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:30 am

The band no longer exists, but this song has maybe some of the best rockin' heavy metal riffs since early Mercyful Fate.
I can't think of a better example offhand.
I haven't bought their albums yet, but going by the band name and image, guess its satanic or occult rock.

The Devil's Blood - Christ Or Cocaine, live @ Metal Forces Festival 2009

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 1:55 am

mlotek wrote:
The band no longer exists, but this song has maybe some of the best rockin' heavy metal riffs since early Mercyful Fate.
I can't think of a better example offhand.
I haven't bought their albums yet, but going by the band name and image, guess its satanic or occult rock.

The Devil's Blood - Christ Or Cocaine, live @ Metal Forces Festival 2009

Yeah it's definitely occult rock, but they were a great band. I'm still jamming The Time of No Time Evermore on a pretty regular basis.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 4:35 pm

Things don't look good for Tristessa of Astarte. =(

Quote :
Nicolas Maiis, the husband of Maria Kolokouri, better known as Tristessa, the vocalist of the Greek black metal band ASTARTE, has posted the following message on the group's Facebook page:

"Unfortunately, fate is hard and life even harder in our case.

"Our beloved Maria, she is in critical condition fighting minute by minute for her life a form o leukemia.

"We, her family, [are] beside her and we are trying to keep her strong.

"The people who know Maria they have knowledge of what a strong person she is and that she is a unique human being and always kind to everyone.

"As a mother, she is always at her son's side and always she is standing strong for me to support me.

"Now it is the time to stand by her side with our positive energy and say a prayers to any god we may believe or not.

"Make a true wish deep down from you hearts so Maria to feel all the good energy and to take courage from your hearts and to have the hope that is needed. A miracle said the doctor that is needed.

"I don't know from whom or what, just please pray for one… Maria is needing all the hope of our hearts. I need that, our son needs that."

ASTARTE recently announced plans to enter the studio to record its sixth full-length album, "Blackdemonium", for a 2014 release.

The band's fifth CD, "Demonized", was released in 2007 via Avantgarde Music.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 7:40 pm

That's sad to hear. I was excited about them releasing something new. I hope she doesn't suffer too much.

metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Not to be the one to necro a thread, but Blood Stain Child is a good example that I don't believe anyone has given yet. Although they only had a female vocalist on one album. It is pretty poppy to be honest, but I enjoyed it.
The rest of their material is more along the lines of a very electronic sounding In Flames.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 5:43 pm

Bumping this thread because I've been transferring a bunch of stuff I downloaded to my new 32 gig Sandisk player. As I waded through what to transfer and what to leave behind I came across Sister Sin's "Now and Forever" album.

I remembered being disappointed in it coming on the heels of "True Sounds Of The Underground" which I thought was stellar. So I listened to a few tracks (after the stupid intro track) and decided to transfer it. On my 3 mile walk yesterday, the album came up and I really enjoyed it.

Anyone else have thoughts on this album?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 5:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Bumping this thread because I've been transferring a bunch of stuff I downloaded to my new 32 gig Sandisk player.  As I waded through what to transfer and what to leave behind I came across Sister Sin's "Now and Forever" album.

I remembered being disappointed in it coming on the heels of "True Sounds Of The Underground" which I thought was stellar.  So I listened to a few tracks (after the stupid intro track) and decided to transfer it.  On my 3 mile walk yesterday, the album came up and I really enjoyed it.  

Anyone else have thoughts on this album?

It's brilliant.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 12:54 am

Anybody mention Decadence yet ?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 4:17 pm

I ordered Nervosa's Victim of Yourself yesterday.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 8:34 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I ordered Nervosa's Victim of Yourself yesterday.

Good disc!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 4:47 am

Not sure how you guys will feel about this one. Maybe it should go in the retro thread instead.

The Sundowners. I know I posted about them somewhere here, sharing their older video. This new track is from their upcoming EP, which will be released on The Coral's label, Skeleton Key Records.

Fantastic band, though. I have their previous EP, Hummingbird. Worth checking out, for sure. Here's a track from it.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 10:41 pm

More win from High Roller Records  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 6:07 am

Anyone hear of No Sinner?

Im gonna have to get some of their stuff

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/2014-05-12/new-video-from-canadian-rockers-no-sinner

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:22 am

Boris2008 wrote:

Reminds me of latter-day Donnas music. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Reminds me of latter-day Donnas music. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

That's exactly what they are like, just good fun rock & roll, the album is great!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 3:02 am

Eyesore wrote:

Quote :
Nicolas Maiis, the husband of Maria Kolokouri, better known as Tristessa, the vocalist of the Greek black metal band ASTARTE, has posted the following message on the group's Facebook page:

"Our beloved Maria, she is in critical condition fighting minute by minute for her life a form o leukemia.

"The people who know Maria they have knowledge of what a strong person she is and that she is a unique human being and always kind to everyone.

"As a mother, she is always at her son's side and always she is standing strong for me to support me.

"Now it is the time to stand by her side with our positive energy and say a prayers to any god we may believe or not.

"Make a true wish deep down from you hearts so Maria to feel all the good energy and to take courage from your hearts and to have the hope that is needed. A miracle said the doctor that is needed.

"I don't know from whom or what, just please pray for one… Maria is needing all the hope of our hearts. I need that, our son needs that."

ASTARTE recently announced plans to enter the studio to record its sixth full-length album, "Blackdemonium", for a 2014 release.

She died btw. Not that anyone here would care.

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 3:06 am

I'm really getting into Deadlock from Germany. They started out as Melodeath. They are now more of a melodeath/metalcore/industrial/gothic hybrid. Sabine's vocals are beautiful though.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 3:42 am

mc666 wrote:

A little harsh, she was a young mom with a family so of course I think it's awful, I just didn't know her music. But after a little YouTube sampling, it turns out I like it.

I really like this one. Terrible that her life and music have been ended so prematurely R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 10:45 am

And how can you not acknowledge these ladies??
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 11:03 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Quote :

I saw that. Very sad indeed. =(
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 6:26 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Quote :

I recently heard that. A friend of mine is a huge fan of them and he passed along the info of her passing. Sad news.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next