Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+28
akeldama
AmongTheRest
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
SpectreFate
DeathCult
sheets
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Joe
James B.
Required Fields
jstate
Hadley
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
Andy
mikeinfla
Addy
Ricky
CRIMSONMASK
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
Lari
ShadowAngel
tohostudios
ProgDoom
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Where can I see NXT besides the WWE network?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18939

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 5:04 am

tohostudios wrote:
I think that's the only way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:21 am

Leatherface wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I think that's the only way.

That's my understanding as well.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:59 am

For me the network is worth it just for NXT. I haven't loved a show like this in a long time. As long as it keeps this level of quality the WWE will get my money. I'm more excited for the next live NXT special than I am for any upcoming PPV they have.

No idea why they don't put this show on USA.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 8:27 am

Sting at the WWE panel!!

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 9:30 pm

Well apparently TNA is SOL:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/496905-update-spiketv-cancels-impact-wrestling

After October, they will no longer have a television deal and I don't see any other Network signing them. Doesn't bother me as I haven't watched TNA since around the time they brought in Hogan and Bichoff all those years ago).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 9:37 pm

I have a feeling that next year's hall of fame will be inducting Larry Zabysko. Despite years of Larry bad mouthing WWE/F and Vince McMahon, he appears to have made amends. He recently was interviewed at an NXT taping giving high praise for the WWE facility. He has also recently appeared on the Great American Bash DVD (doing guest commentary with Dusty Rhodes on old NWA matches-I'm assuming there is some legal reasons they can't have the original commentary on the pre-WCW era). One of the matches had Ric Flair and Larry had good things to say about him (yet in the past he bad mouthed Flair more than anybody else). Reasoning for my prediction is that when WWE buries the hatchet with a former star, a Hall Of Fame induction isn't far behind.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 9:39 pm

I only watch TNA on nights like tonight when the Cardinals are either not playing or play a day game but I have to point out that the lack of any kind of alternative to the swill WWE has been putting out only means the swill will continue and for me that completely sucks.

TNA's product has problems but I still find it eminently more interesting than the crap Vince expects me to watch.  IMO WWE needs to do away with the stupid PG rating they insist their shows have if they are ever going to appeal to anyone outside the adolescent male demographic.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 10:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I only watch TNA on nights like tonight when the Cardinals are either not playing or play a day game but I have to point out that the lack of any kind of alternative to the swill WWE has been putting out only means the swill will continue and for me that completely sucks.

TNA's product has problems but I still find it eminently more interesting than the crap Vince expects me to watch.  IMO WWE needs to do away with the stupid PG rating they insist their shows have if they are ever going to appeal to anyone outside the adolescent male demographic.

Maybe Jeff Jarrett's new wrestling venture will find a network deal or TNA will find another one. For me, I have lowered my expectations with WWE but surprisingly they have gotten somewhat better or at least since I watch the condensed 90 minute version on Hulu I avoid a lot of the bloated crap. I still keep my expectations low though so I can avoid disappointment.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 8:12 am

I don't know how the WWE expects fans to sit through five hours a week with such a small roster. I suppose that is where the money is, but that is a lot to ask of fans. They really need to put their NXT show on one of those hours. It's just that good. It's the best thing IMO they've got going by a wide margin.

I hope Larry Zbyszko goes into the HOF. I thought he was an incredibly under-rated announcer. "The game of human chess". But for my money AWA karate Larry will always be the best. A silk gi with the nunchucks and that smug attitude was so much fun. Just a guy you wanted to see get beaten up.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 9:31 am

I liked when he broke into WWWF as Bruno Sammartino's "protégé" only to turn on him and thus begin a great heel career.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 1:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I liked when he broke into WWWF as Bruno Sammartino's "protégé" only to turn on him and thus begin a great heel career.

Oh yeah, I remember that well. That got alot of exposure around here since Sammartino is a local hero amd Zbyszko was billed from here. When that all went down we loved to hate Zbyszko.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 5:42 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Oh yeah, I remember that well. That got alot of exposure around here since Sammartino is a local hero amd Zbyszko was billed from here. When that all went down we loved to hate Zbyszko.

Funny, I wasn't watching wrestling at that time (I was just a wee lad) but seeing the match nowdays, it seems Larry was justified in doing what he did. Bruno was not taking him seriously and Larry just got frustrated. When we see something from history, we see it differently than those who lived it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 6:11 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Funny, I wasn't watching wrestling at that time (I was just a wee lad) but seeing the match nowdays, it seems Larry was justified in doing what he did. Bruno was not taking him seriously and Larry just got frustrated. When we see something from history, we see it differently than those who lived it.

I'd like to see that match again and see if I my opinion of it changes.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 6:57 pm

007 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I think it's on the WWE Cage Match DVD.  I have it and I know there's a Sammartino/Zybysko match on it but I think it's the one where Sammartino got revenge.

EDIT: Here's what Amazon lists as the one on Wrestlings Bloodiest Cage Matches:

Bruno Sammartino vs. Larry Sybysko 1980

click right on Bruno vs Larry for Larry's heel turn leading to the cage match.

So apparently this is Bruno's revenge match

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 8:15 pm

From what I could tell, evreytime Bruno would get Larry in a hold, he'd let go of it. Larry demanded that Bruno stop being easy on him. Larry turned it from a wrestling match to a fight after so much of that. Did he go too far? Probably, but it seemed that if Bruno (and if wrestling was real) had given him a real match, Larry wouldn't have gone that far (or maybe he would have, who knows?).
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 3:00 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Well apparently TNA is SOL:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/496905-update-spiketv-cancels-impact-wrestling

After October, they will no longer have a television deal and I don't see any other Network signing them. Doesn't bother me as I haven't watched TNA since around the time they brought in Hogan and Bichoff all those years ago).

I started watching TNA recently after I heard of Tommy Dreamer's involvemenmt and found it pretty good compared to the days of when TNA storylines disappeared as well as its coolness when Hogan appeared.

http://podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-Show
2014-07-09 THE STEVE AUSTIN SHOW - UNLEASHED! EP132 - Tommy Dreamer Pt 1
2014-07-16 THE STEVE AUSTIN SHOW - EP134 - Tommy Dreamer Pt 2
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Bruno laying facedown in a pool of his own blood with that ridiculous wig of his was quite the sight. Those were some great chair shots for that time. Simple and effective.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 6:42 pm

I also found Zybsyko's heel commentary hilarious.  The only one who was funnier at the time was Bobby Heenan, but that's because I think Heenan was half-drunk at the time.  Some of the banter between Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon on the original WWE Monday night shows were hilarious. 

Like this from Wikipedia:

Quote :
 Monsoon would also substitute simple words with needlessly complex and obscure equivalents - for example, he memorably used "external occipital protuberance" as an alternative to "back of the head." Or when a wrestler suffered a knee injury, he would state, "He may have temporarily dislocated the patella!" Heenan mocked this, once sarcastically calling a move to the "cervial dervial part of the back."

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 6:10 am

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 WWF.Prime.Time.Wrestling.1989.04.10.%20PDTV.XviD-W4F_screenshot_2
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:43 am

Just the fact that Heenan's nameplate says THE Brain is hilarious.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 10:41 am

I used to love when Heenan got mad he would reach for his banana phone. Classic Prime Time was the best I enjoyed Bobby and Gorilla more than the matches.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:45 pm

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Gorilla-monsoon-tshirt
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:53 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:

Lol! Is that a shirt? I gotta have it if it is.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:56 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Sword Of The Heretic wrote:

Lol! Is that a shirt? I gotta have it if it is.

If it's not,it should be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: