Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+28
akeldama
AmongTheRest
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
SpectreFate
DeathCult
sheets
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Joe
James B.
Required Fields
jstate
Hadley
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
Andy
mikeinfla
Addy
Ricky
CRIMSONMASK
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
Lari
ShadowAngel
tohostudios
ProgDoom
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Along the lines of what ShadowAngel said about following a script vs. let it come natural, I found an article on WrestleZone about that subject (also validating what I said about not necessarily having to go back to the the attitude era):

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorials/264617-the-anti-antagonist-cant-see-the-stars
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:30 pm

I used to like watching Honky Tonk Man get his ass whipped on TV, knowing it was just a character. Then I heard him talk (not in kayfabe) and realized I really wanted to see him get his ass whipped. He comes off as a self absorbed jackass who thinks himself as a bigger part of wrestling than he ever was. This news makes it seem to me that he hasn't gotten any more likeable:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/264789-exclusive-former-ic-champion-gets-drunk-bashes-jerry-lawler

Brian Chirstopher has more self control than I do. If I had his athletic build, I would have knocked that fatass hasbeen out cold.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:17 pm

Sad to hear about Buddy "Jack " Roberts. I loved the Freebirds. I always felt it was sad that Roberts was always the one to lose in those six man tags. And it really sucked when WCW did the Freebirds without Roberts. Just wasn't the same without him. I remember in the last days of World Class when they had Roberts managing the SST against Hayes. I loved that feud. Roberts made such a great manager. RIP.

I always felt Honky Tonk Man was great because you got the sense that he really was that jerk in real life.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:32 pm

jstate wrote:
Sad to hear about Buddy "Jack " Roberts. I loved the Freebirds. I always felt it was sad that Roberts was always the one to lose in those six man tags. And it really sucked when WCW did the Freebirds without Roberts. Just wasn't the same without him. I remember in the last days of World Class when they had Roberts managing the SST against Hayes. I loved that feud. Roberts made such a great manager. RIP.

I always felt Honky Tonk Man was great because you got the sense that he really was that jerk in real life.

Oh, he was a great heel despite not being very remarkable in-ring performer. As far as the Freebirds, I was only familiar with their last days in WCW and their World Class days but it is sad news. BTW, I always though Michael PS Hays was hard to watch as mild mannered Doc Hendricks when he got to WWF. You knew he would be able to handle his own against the heels he interviewed but he played the part of an easily pushed around guy. It was as hard to accept him like that as it is these days to accept Prince Albert/A-Train as a Japanese monster.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 2:19 am

Most of wrestling continues to bore me (though the in-ring action isn't half bad), however, I am interested in seeing where The Shield angle is going. I just hope they don't screw up like they did with the Nexus.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Quote :
BTW, I always though Michael PS Hays was hard to watch as mild mannered Doc Hendricks when he got to WWF

Yeah that was painful. Even worse was the way he would shill the merchandise. Sad thing about it was I thought he was a great announcer in the UWF and then in WCW. I used to love the way on the saturday morning show he would always play it like he was hung over from the night before partying. And I have the feeling it wasn't much of an act.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Most of wrestling continues to bore me (though the in-ring action isn't half bad), however, I am interested in seeing where The Shield angle is going. I just hope they don't screw up like they did with the Nexus.

That Shield angle is just a ripoff of the Aces and Eights angle TNA has been doing and that's angle is just a ripoff of the old "invading forces" angle that's been done a million times. And that one guy in The Shield (I think he's the one with platinum highlights in his hair) looks like the biggest wuss this side of X Pac; I think even I could kick his ass.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 1:27 am

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

That Shield angle is just a ripoff of the Aces and Eights angle TNA has been doing and that's angle is just a ripoff of the old "invading forces" angle that's been done a million times. And that one guy in The Shield (I think he's the one with platinum highlights in his hair) looks like the biggest wuss this side of X Pac; I think even I could kick his ass.

I'm aware that it's a ripoff, but done right it could work. The only problem is when they drop the ball with it, which I fear they will do (and have done too many times). However, it is still the only interesting thing in WWE right now, maybe not new or innovative, but better than Cena and AJ or the squashing of Brad Maddox (those are really the only stories right now).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 5:57 am

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I'm aware that it's a ripoff, but done right it could work. The only problem is when they drop the ball with it, which I fear they will do (and have done too many times). However, it is still the only interesting thing in WWE right now, maybe not new or innovative, but better than Cena and AJ or the squashing of Brad Maddox (those are really the only stories right now).

I like Damian Sandow. I hope he continues the schtick he started this past Monday where he picks a "fan" to humiliate by asking them 3 questions where the first 2 are easy then he hits them with something the average wrestling fan wouldn't know. The "fan" was obviously a plant but I thought it was still a funny gimmick.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 7:47 am

I find i lose interest in the current affiars of Rasslin I might watch a documentry here and there they release (Like I want the NWO one) but all Wrestling does for me now a days is disappoint
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:40 am

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I like Damian Sandow. I hope he continues the schtick he started this past Monday where he picks a "fan" to humiliate by asking them 3 questions where the first 2 are easy then he hits them with something the average wrestling fan wouldn't know. The "fan" was obviously a plant but I thought it was still a funny gimmick.

Yeah, Sandow's gimick is a win. They just need to get him better opponents as beating Santino doesn't advance his character at all. I understand with Cody Rhodes out, they're probably buying time til his partner returns but still, give him a meaningful win.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:21 pm

I know this commercial for an old wrestling video game is not a real commercial and is just a fan made one, but it's hilarious.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:11 am

In spirit of the Holidays, here is a classic WWE/F moment:

And for those who don't know, that is ECW's very own Balls Mahoney:

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Balls3

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 11:09 pm

WWE TLC saw two turns. Alberto Del Rio turns face and helps Miz fight off 3MB and AJ turns heel and helps Ziggler defeat Cena. Aparently, The Shield impressed a lot of people with their performance though it's hard for me to judge just from reading the results. Also suprisingly, they keep the title on Big Show.

Just to show WWE's contempt for the WWE Universe, Del Rio and Miz needed a third partner to take on 3MB. The crowd chants loudly for Ryder and the writers react by givng Miz and Rio:

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 03

I can't stand Ryder and don't understand his appeal, but that choice of a tag team partner is just a slap in the face to the fans they claim they want to please.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Give me a break! The worm eating hippo/boar (reference to his teeth), The Boogeyman is back. For those who stopped watching wresting before he showed up, be glad you don't know who he is. Hopefully he was just there for a one time thing as it's hard enough to pay attention two WWE as it is.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:24 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Give me a break! The worm eating hippo/boar (reference to his teeth), The Boogeyman is back. For those who stopped watching wresting before he showed up, be glad you don't know who he is. Hopefully he was just there for a one time thing as it's hard enough to pay attention two WWE as it is.

I actually thought bringing back the Boogyman for a one off appearance was pretty funny. It also reminds me of how bland and stale the product is now when I actually find him more interesting than most of the characters they have now.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:00 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I actually thought bringing back the Boogyman for a one off appearance was pretty funny. It also reminds me of how bland and stale the product is now when I actually find him more interesting than most of the characters they have now.

If it's a one time thing, I'm OK with it. However, from what I understand there were talks in the past about bringing him back. Also, looks like TNA's lawsuit against WWE is settled as Ric Flair is back and they were saying they didn't want to bring him back until then. And now it seems Cena is Superstar of the year again, I cry foul on the voting. Either that or there are more kids with phones that I thought.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:46 pm

When talking about Cody Rhodes mustache, JBL mentioned Blackjack Bradshaw. I wonder how many people watching wrestling today even remembers that (or Justin Hawk Bradshaw for that matter-let alone the origional Blackjacks which I didn't know about til well after I got into wrestling).
lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Yeah, the TNA lawsuit has to be over as Tommy Dreamer is back as well. Unless WWE decided to take a 'what the hell' approach, but that seems unlikely given how careful they are with that stuff.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:18 pm

I just turned Raw on for a few minutes and Eddige Guerros wife was on there yelling at some other guy. My gf started laughing at how stupid it was and I said its fine to turn the channel, thats why I don't watch it anymore. I'll still play the video games but watching it? Count me out. Its not the same. I don't care about any of the new wrestlers and everyone almost looks the same. I don't know what they would have to do to ever make me watch again but they need to do something, not that that has been anything new within the last 10 years or so.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 11:13 pm

I doubt they will ever get you (or anyone else who quit years ago) back. For some reason, most people who leave the fandom hardly ever come back. The attitude era being the exception but most of those who came back for that period didn't stay long (once WWE and WCW merged and Vince bought out all the competition they left again).
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 1:13 pm

The TLC PPV was actually very good. The six-man tag match was outstanding in terms of getting the Shield over as a dominating heel stable. It wasn't some epic of technical wrestling, but it was a great brawl in which the bad guys simply dismantled some of the strongest babyfaces in the promotion by using superior teamwork. Shame about Daniel Bryan eating the pin yet again, though.

And the Ziggler vs. Cena match was really good, although if WWE was smart they'd be doing a double-turn of those guys like yesterday. Cena's character is simply an insufferable douchebag and he came across as a bully in the match while Ziggler looked like a plucky underdog who has no quit in him. But it's WWE, so of course Cena continues to get booked as a righteous superhero and everyone against him is a mustache-twirling villain. Reminds me of the late 80s/early 90s when WWF fans started getting sick of Hulk Hogan, but at least back then he had the decency to move to another promotion. I can't see TNA prying Cena away from WWE anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Quote :
I doubt they will ever get you (or anyone else who quit years ago) back. For some reason, most people who leave the fandom hardly ever come back.

I don't know whether it is just nostalgia or not but I still love the old stuff I grew up with. So I'm still a fan of that. Strange thing is I will admit that today's wrestlers do far more amazing things and the matches a lot more fast paced but still I just can't get into it. Of course I long ago understood that today's pro wrestling left me far behind way back in the nineties. At least I hung on to a lot of my old tapes.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 3:40 pm

I stopped watching around the time the Rock got big. I don't think I could make 5 minutes watching it now, but show me something like an AWA match from 1985 and I'll watch for the duration. The old stuff had some sort of magic that lacks these days. I guess that's nostalgia.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 10:37 am

In 1985 I was all about the AWA. It was my favorite stuff at the time. Mainly due to Stan Hansen. And the fact it was on ESPN too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: