Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true

Go down 
+15
Andy
Nico
jstate
Jesusandmetal23
static
skullkrusher
manny
Witchfinder
GrandNational
thejokeriv
Spyder Jonez
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:50 pm

I'm a conservative anarchist.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:24 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

We're on the same page on the Santorum. The Santorum: The frothy mix of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex. Google it.

Someone's been reading Dan Savage....

I don't know the guy, I read this sometime last month on MSN probably. Maybe it was him? I really don't know what the story behind it is, but I'm guessing he's not a Santorum fan.

He's a sex advice columnist and ga-hey activist who coined that particular term to protest Santorum's non-support of same-sex marriage.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Sorry, I just can't get past the idea how awesome it would be for Celtic Frost to play your Bar Mitzvah.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:47 pm

im a liberal Phlebotomist

Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:18 pm

I saw that yesterday. Actually, what I found most amusing about that was the reference to "The Wasp" hahaha. lol!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

We're on the same page on the Santorum. The Santorum: The frothy mix of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex. Google it.

Someone's been reading Dan Savage....

I don't know the guy, I read this sometime last month on MSN probably. Maybe it was him? I really don't know what the story behind it is, but I'm guessing he's not a Santorum fan.

He's a sex advice columnist and ga-hey activist who coined that particular term to protest Santorum's non-support of same-sex marriage.

Hence the reason I had not heard of him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:44 pm

If you're not into politics, a crazy mother goose like Rick Santorum is a great reason to start caring.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Andy wrote:
If you're not into politics, a crazy mother goose like Rick Santorum is a great reason to start caring.

Not until the completely broken political system is scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up.

to paraphrase an old comic skit from Rick Overton:

"If you have enough power to attain political office then you are an evil ass-kissing son of a bitch who cannot be trusted"

Unfortunately that's 100% accurate.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:13 pm

S.D. wrote:
Andy wrote:

Not until the completely broken political system is scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up.

to paraphrase an old comic skit from Rick Overton:

"If you have enough power to attain political office then you are an evil ass-kissing son of a bitch who cannot be trusted"

Unfortunately that's 100% accurate.

SD and I agree on something politically Smile
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Rick Overton has some political gems to choose from, another favorite...

"Blaming the President for the nation's problems is like blaming the little chrome dog on the front of the Mack truck for the accident."

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:38 pm

S.D. wrote:

"Blaming the President for the nation's problems is like blaming the little chrome dog on the front of the Mack truck for the accident."

I would agree to an extent but when things are not going well the blame normally gets heaped on the person who is leading. Presidents generally find out that their control isnt as vast as they think.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:47 pm

S.D. wrote:

Of course Rick Overton only means when a Democrat is in office.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
S.D. wrote:

that is true. All the people ridiculing Bush, throwing things at him and comparing him to Hitler suddenly were appalled when the comparison was attached to Obama. Both sides do a great job of demonizing the other but the party out of the White House is generally more venomous at election time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
S.D. wrote:

EH. WRONG!

That joke is circa 1991 when President George Bush senior was in office.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:53 pm

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
S.D. wrote:

EH. WRONG!

That joke is circa 1991 when President George Bush senior was in office.

My mistake. No one would confuse Rick Overton with a conservative.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:55 pm

In the concert I'm referencing it was obvious he has equal dislike for both parties, I feel the same way.

I believe the point of the joke is that Corporations really control everything, the President is just a marionette dangled in front of the public.

Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:12 am

Years as member of this board has taught me that one can have extremely different political views and still have a lot in common on a personal level. I have realized over the years that things aren`t as black or white as i thought before. Politics can also be so different fron country to country that is almost impossible to compare sometimes.
I am a Sosial Democrat which can be described as a sosialist light Smile . In America that makes me a communist, in a communist governed country that makes me a capitalist, go figure.....
Then there is the media. Over here we get the impression from the media that US camaigns are a circus and your politicians are rich clowns with a horde of brainwashed neandrethals cheering them..
I`m sure there is wrigth and wrong in every ideology and i think a lot of us means a lot about others without really having the knowledge to...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:04 am

Olafsto wrote:
one can have extremely different political views and still have a lot in common on a personal level.

This!!!!! You have it correct!!!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:11 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
one can have extremely different political views and still have a lot in common on a personal level.

This!!!!! You have it correct!!!!!

yep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Over here we get the impression from the media that US camaigns are a circus and your politicians are rich clowns with a horde of brainwashed neandrethals cheering them..

That would be an accurate assumption.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:46 pm

S.D. wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
Over here we get the impression from the media that US camaigns are a circus and your politicians are rich clowns with a horde of brainwashed neandrethals cheering them..

Yea, I'd say that's not too far off.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

Yea, I'd say that's not too far off.

i think some of them are well intentioned but having to raise tons and tons of money pretty much eviscerates them all.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:57 am

Dave Mustaine is pulling for Santorum (yes, this one is real): http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/02/megadeth-frontman-backs-rick-santorum-114539.html
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:48 pm

Mmmmmm, not quite...

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=169854

Quote :
"Contrary to how some people have interpreted my words, I have not endorsed any presidential candidate. What I did say was that I hope to see a Republican in the White House. I've seen good qualities in all the candidates but by no means have made my choice yet. I respect the fact that Santorum took time off from his campaign to be with his sick daughter, but I never used the word 'endorse.'"

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:02 pm

I just think it's funny that almost immediately after that fake Santorum article, something like this would come out lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next