Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true

Go down 
+15
Andy
Nico
jstate
Jesusandmetal23
static
skullkrusher
manny
Witchfinder
GrandNational
thejokeriv
Spyder Jonez
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Empty
PostSubject: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:30 pm

What year is this again?

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2012/02/10/rick-santorum-declares-war-on-heavy-metal/

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:33 pm

black sabbath and maiden are hardly 'new'.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Oh pleeeeeze, this is fake. If it's not from "The Onion," then someone's doing a good job of copying their style.

Quote :
"In a recent Gallup Poll, 87 percent of Republican voters think that the biggest problem in America today is “the demented bloodlust of teenagers caused entirely by heavy metal music.”

Quote :
He stepped up his rhetoric in a speech on Wednesday when he implied that heavy metal is the cause of many forms of mental illness as well as lactose intolerance.

Quote :
Santorum has openly advocated the forced re-education of metalheads. They would be forced to endure 30 days of non-stop “values based” music that promotes the American way of life as well as the free market. In order to leave, they will have to sing the chorus to at least one Celine Dion song.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:37 pm

I don't think that's a serious article; I think it's like The Onion. Am I the only one who caught this:

announced Santorum at a 10,000 dollar a plate sock-hop in Valdosta, Georgia on Thursday.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:37 pm

Damn, FF beat me to it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

tohostudios wrote:
Damn, FF beat me to it.

You gotta get up early in the morning to beat me, Toho. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:41 pm

lol!

I dont know it seems too stupid to be true but some people were saying it was true. I did a search for more info and nothiing else came up so most likely its fake. Pretty funny though if it isnt. what an out dated topic haha

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
lol!

I dont know it seems too stupid to be true but some people were saying it was true. I did a search for more info and nothiing else came up so most likely its fake. Pretty funny though if it isnt. what an out dated topic haha

A bunch of my Facebook friends sent me that link, like they expected me to get all pissed off. I didn't have the heart to tell them that it's bogus. Haha.

Back to top Go down
Spyder Jonez
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Considering how big of an idiot Santorum is(and no, i'm not a liberal) it wouldn't have surprised me.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Its like the Gore's of old!!!

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Spyder Jonez wrote:
Considering how big of an idiot Santorum is(and no, i'm not a liberal) it wouldn't have surprised me.

Hey, I have never been accused of being a liberal and Santorum is a douche bag!!!!! Unfortunately some people (like said douche bag) think that morality should be legislated.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:15 pm

exact33 wrote:
Its like the Gore's of old!!!

As in Tipper? LOL!!!!!

Interested - the PMRC was started by bored housewives from the Democratic party.... looks like the douche bags migrated to the Republican party!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:16 pm

All I know is if by some miracle this story turns out to be true, I aint' singin' a Celine Dion song for nobody. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:20 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Spyder Jonez wrote:

Hey, I have never been accused of being a liberal and Santorum is a douche bag!!!!! Unfortunately some people (like said douche bag) think that morality should be legislated.

yep. If this was true, its just another politician grandstanding...
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:59 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Spyder Jonez wrote:

We're on the same page on the Santorum. The Santorum: The frothy mix of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex. Google it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:36 pm

If you really think this is a true story then you are an idiot. Did you notice some of the other articles: Hipster Terrorists Taken Into Custody After Attempted Hijacking Of 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise - or - Celtic Frost Reunite To Rock Needlebaum Bar Mitzvah.

Come on guys, it's called satire. Good lord.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
If you really think this is a true story then you are an idiot. Did you notice some of the other articles: Hipster Terrorists Taken Into Custody After Attempted Hijacking Of 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise - or - Celtic Frost Reunite To Rock Needlebaum Bar Mitzvah.

Sure ruin the fun!!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:00 am

manny wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Sure ruin the fun!!!!

yeah! Who lets the truth actually stand in the way???
Back to top Go down
skullkrusher
Metal student
Metal student
skullkrusher

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:41 am

GrandNational wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Spyder Jonez wrote:

We're on the same page on the Santorum. The Santorum: The frothy mix of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex. Google it.

That's real classy.

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:26 am

GrandNational wrote:

Someone's been reading Dan Savage....

Back to top Go down
static
Metal novice
Metal novice
static

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:13 pm

It is a fake site. They posted other articles saying that Obama was Overkill's original drummer, that Cronos from Venom is Kate Middleton's uncle, and that Manowar claimed Guam as their own to escape from America's False Metal Agenda.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:31 pm

static wrote:
It is a fake site. They posted other articles saying that Obama was Overkill's original drummer, that Cronos from Venom is Kate Middleton's uncle, and that Manowar claimed Guam as their own to escape from America's False Metal Agenda.

well that last one about manowar sounded true at least...
Back to top Go down
static
Metal novice
Metal novice
static

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Yeah, on second thought it's a bad example.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Someone's been reading Dan Savage....

I don't know the guy, I read this sometime last month on MSN probably. Maybe it was him? I really don't know what the story behind it is, but I'm guessing he's not a Santorum fan.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm a liberal, but I really doubt that this is true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true   I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm not into politics but this is ridiculous if its true
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next