Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Purple

Go down 
+35
Gilbert
Boris2008
mikeinfla
ShadowAngel
brokentulsa
candlemass
akeldama
Glower
bass63
the sentinel
Orion Crystal Ice
journeyman
MetallicSeminarian
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
Andy
Ricky
Speedmetalfreak
chewie
exact33
GrandNational
Lari
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Required Fields
dark avenger
manny
MoonChild
MEGATRON
adrian
James B.
Olafsto
fingers
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

Deep Purple - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 1:52 pm

Deep Purple - Page 3 81zgaGiuQgL._SL1500_

I got just this one a couple weeks ago. Love it
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 8:57 am

bass63 wrote:

Another one added to my never ending list. I have tons of live Deep Purple discs and no two performances are ever the same.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 11:28 am

Happy 70th(!) Birthday, Ian Gillan
Deep Purple - Page 3 DSCI1024

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 3:05 pm

My all-time favorite heavy rock vocalist. Happy Birthday Ian!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 9:44 pm

manny wrote:
bass63 wrote:

Another one added to my never ending list.  I have tons of live Deep Purple discs and no two performances are ever the same.

I finally got this and all I can say HOLY SHIT THIS ALBUM KICKS ASS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 11:57 am

Just to chime in - my boss bought Machine Head at a yard sale.
I expressed intrest in hearing it. It's damn good.
the inner pamplet said they invented heavy metal with this 1972 release.
What struck me was how - each musician - was as good as the other -
The keyboards are just soooo damn good - drums are fun to listen to.
Never knew how good they were - saw them with " Perfect Strangers " tour -
blizzard - that day - Joan Jett was the opener -
but no way did I see the classic line up - that had to be historic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 12:28 pm

The lineup for Perfect Strangers was the Mark II lineup which is the exact same band that did Machine Head.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 2:30 am

S.D. wrote:
My all-time favorite heavy rock vocalist.  Happy Birthday Ian!  
headbanger The best vocalist - ever. headbanger
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Peoples tastes change over time Deep Purple are an acquired taste I guess if you start on thrash metal and groove metal like I did and then all of sudden listen to Deep Purple and expect them to be as heavy as Black Sabbath and Judas priest and then think they sound too rock (even though theyre not) which explains why I wrote that opinion about them 4 years ago. Ive listened to a lot of their albums over the years and I also got their live 1993 dvd. Deep Purple rule!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 8:48 pm

I give you props for posting that my brother. I have come around on a few bands in my time too and it's a great thing cuz you get more awesome tunes to listen to. And who doesn't want that?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 11:35 am

I think I'm gonna fatten-up my DP collection a bit. I have a good portion of their 70's classic stuff, so now I'm looking at their latter day output.

Any essential albums I need or should avoid from the time period between 1984's Perfect Strangers and 2013's Now What?!

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 11:49 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think I'm gonna fatten-up my DP collection a bit. I have a good portion of their 70's classic stuff, so now I'm looking at their latter day output.

Any essential albums I need or should avoid from the time period between 1984's Perfect Strangers and 2013's Now What?!

Everything with Steve Morse and I also like "The Battle Rages On", I know a lot of people who rag on that album but I like it.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 9:02 am

The one Doors tribute I was in we practiced at the organist's place, I asked him once what that thing was spinning in the corner, it was a Leslie, he started playing through it on the Hammond and I freaked out! Man, that thing sounds amazing! So yea, love Lord's playing in the band, but not really a big Purple fan, I have "Deepest Purple" and "Perfect Strangers", love them both, but not a whole lot else...I was in a band a few years back w/that same organist, we did "Black Night" and he was able to replicate that Leslie sound w/what he had on stage, sounded great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 10:44 am

akeldama wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Everything with Steve Morse and I also like "The Battle Rages On", I know a lot of people who rag on that album but I like it.

I'm not sure I'm ready to go all in just yet, but I've got my eye on the Purpendicular album to sorta test the waters. I played a few tracks from it on YouTube and found it to be quite enjoyable.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 11:21 pm

Here is Rainbow doing Perfect Strangers ...sounds pretty good...

Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 9:03 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Here is Rainbow doing Perfect Strangers ...sounds pretty good...

Really? Sounds horrendous to me. Too slow, completely boring, the drummer plays awfully. Blackmore's guitar sounds extremely thin. The singer is good but compared to how Deep Purple rocked through the song when i saw them live this year, this here is just garbage.
Everything i heard so far from Ritchie Blackmore's concerts has been extremely weak. I wonder why he opted for such horrible musicians, with his connections and name he should've had an easy job finding a drummer who doesn't sound like he's half asleep and a bass player with a decent sound.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 7:47 pm

I think Ritchie is sleepwalking through this whole charade...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 12:47 pm

That just further strengthens my disdain for live recordings. They are almost always sub par. I'll just stick with the original studio recordings.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 8:26 pm

I love live recordings, you get to hear an alternative version of songs, in in some cases like "Unleashes in the East", far better than the studio versions!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 7:50 am

New Deep Purple album teaser.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 7:50 am

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 5:57 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

I dig it! Gillan seems to be struggling a bit but the band sound great.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 11:29 pm

Very good song and gillan sounds ok. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 5:45 pm

i really dig this track. kinda curious about hearing the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 2:05 am

Really nice song!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple   Deep Purple - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep Purple
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next