Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carnivore

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Carnivore Empty
PostSubject: Carnivore   Carnivore Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 1:19 pm

Thrash/Speed metal from NYC, disbanded now. Awsome band from the city! WHat do you guys think? Didn't see much about em in the forums and ULT doesn't have them up on his website which I find wierd since they're from NYC, around where he grew up!! Insanely crazy lyrics, very funny.

"i S H I T my pants as I wait for the reaper"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Carnivore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnivore   Carnivore Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 1:21 pm

Ohhhh HELL yea, I love me some Carnivore!! The debut album (self titled) is pretty standard 80s thrash, but the second (and final) album, RETALIATION, is one of my all time favorites... right up there with Stormtroopers of Death's SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE as far as hardcore/metal crossovers go, IMHO.

Years ago when Pete Steele was just getting Type O Negative off the ground, they used to play some old Carnivore songs live to pad out their set ... saw'em do "Jesus Hitler" and "Race War" a couple of times, you wanna talk about a mosh pit goin' cra-ZEE? Ouch!!
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Carnivore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnivore   Carnivore Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 1:24 pm

Yeah, excellent band!!!! Jesus Hitler, Adolf Christ, is this the second coming or the fourth reich? hehe Smile

I saw Carnivore last year at Wacken - awesome gig! Peter was back this year with Type O Negative, but I didn't watch them ...
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Carnivore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnivore   Carnivore Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 1:24 pm

The song's are Crazy!!! Oh wow they just make you go nuts...lol i'm really into right now, im gonna get the albums sometime if i find them. How about type o negative? Heard it was a big change from carnivore.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Carnivore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnivore   Carnivore Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 1:33 pm

KissinMaiden wrote:
Heard it was a big change from carnivore.

The first Type O album ("Slow Deep and Hard") is probably closest to the Carnivore stuff, I understand that alot of it actually started as scrapped demos for a third Carnivore album. It is quite different from the Carnivore stuff though. It's still angry as hell and the lyrics are freakin' twisted as ever but instead of being off-the-wall speed all the time, the songs are stretched out to epic length ("Unsuccessfully Coping With The Natural Beauty of Infidelity" is over twelve minutes long!) and there are lots of slow doomy bits. Still an awesome record, an absolutely terrifying listen!

However, Type O started getting more goth and less metal with each album after that. BLOODY KISSES isn't bad but you can pretty much keep everything Pete's done since then IMO. On the first Type O album he's singing about killing his cheating girlfriend with a pickaxe and a jackhammer, but after that he's writing songs about drinking wine out of women's high heel shoes and all this dark romantic stuff. I liked Pete Steele better when he was an angry psychotic!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Carnivore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnivore   Carnivore Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 3:34 pm

I prefere their debut over their second album. Still, they released two classics. Some fo their lirics were like AT WAR lirics, very heavy lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Carnivore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnivore   Carnivore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carnivore
Page 1 of 1