Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time

Go down 
+14
Cognitive Dissonance
metalhead777
Wargod
exact33
GrandNational
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
manny
ultmetal
mc666
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
metalinmyveins
Metal Misfit
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Empty
PostSubject: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:50 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/readers-poll-the-top-10-metal-bands-of-all-time-20111102

10. Tool
9. Pantera
8. Led Zeppelin
7. Judas Priest
6. Megadeth
5. Slayer
4. Iron Maiden
3. Black Sabbath
2. Dream Theater
1. Metallica

Nothing really surprising other than DT. BTW -- I thought nobody liked Metallica?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:59 pm

Yeah, Dream Theater at #2 is perplexing, but whatever...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:59 pm

Rolling Stone is still around?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:07 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Yeah, Dream Theater at #2 is perplexing, but whatever...

That's because they tweeted and FB'd about it to get the DT fans to respond. I actually responded, but voted for Maiden.

Got a can of worms here - anyone notice that Led Zepplin was on the list? BTW - I have no issue with that!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:20 pm

i figured Pantera would have been higher. most mainstream rags usually go on & on about them.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:32 pm

No Motorhead, no Dio, no Ozzy, but Tool? Shocked

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:37 pm

I have no problem with the list, well I have one... I think Deep Purple deserve to be on the list of any top 10 metal.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:40 pm

It's nice to see that JUDAS PRIEST is ahead of PANTERA and Tool. Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Judas Priest should be #1. Priest are metal! Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time 604261

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:57 pm

I'm sorta surprised to see Zeppelin on there. Not to start a pissing match about who is and who isn't 'metal', but if you're limiting your choices to 10, there's probably a better choice, like Deep Purple for instance.

Ah well, what do I care what Rolling Stone thinks anymore? They're too busy prepping for the glorious review of LuLu and how we're all mouth-breathing morons for not recognizing it as the greatest, most important piece of music ever recorded by Lou and his houseband.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Metalguy, it was a readers' poll, not an official RS list. I'm sure THAT would've been a lot different.

Figured the internet played a major part in DT getting there...

ultmetal wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Judas Priest should be #1. Priest are metal! Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time 604261

But where is AEROSMITH? Wink

If I were to ever make such a list, Sabbath & Priest would have the #1 and #2 slots. Not sure which order though...

Last edited by Metal Misfit on Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:10 pm

My personal list would include the usual suspects Led Zep, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Lou Reed, etc
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:12 pm

manny wrote:
My personal list would include the usual suspects Led Zep, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Lou Reed, etc

Shocked Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time 19976 angry Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time 37951
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
manny wrote:

Shocked Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time 19976 angry Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time 37951

Just kidding!!!! I am huge Lou Reed fan but his influence on metal extends to the fact Alice stole his entire band for his 'Welcome to My Nightmare' album and tour
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:33 pm

manny wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
manny wrote:

Just kidding!!!! I am huge Lou Reed fan but his influence on metal extends to the fact Alice stole his entire band for his 'Welcome to My Nightmare' album and tour

It took him over 30 years to get back at Alice by hiring Metallica........

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:01 pm

These polls get dumber and dumber every year.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/readers-poll-the-top-10-metal-bands-of-all-time-20111102

10. Tool
9. Pantera
8. Led Zeppelin
7. Judas Priest
6. Megadeth
5. Slayer
4. Iron Maiden
3. Black Sabbath
2. Dream Theater
1. Metallica

Nothing really surprising other than DT. BTW -- I thought nobody liked Metallica?

i dont agree with 8-10. The others are pretty spot on for the most part, although I would order them differently.

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:03 pm

I agree with all except Tool & Pantera not metal IMO!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Wargod wrote:
Pantera aren't metal? lol, that's a new one.

metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:44 am

Its looks less like a poll asking who's the best, and more like a popularity contest.
Back to top Go down
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:17 am

Kyuss and Immortal deserve to be on this list
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:15 am

funny list...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:15 am

mc666 wrote:
Wargod wrote:

How are Pantera not metal?

Last edited by manny on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:40 am

manny wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Wargod wrote:

How are Pantera is not metal?

That couldn't have have been Wargod! I think ToB hacked his account!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rolling Stone is still around?

lol!

And what's more confusing is that people still read it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time   Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 10 Metal Bands of All-Time
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next