Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed

Go down 
+4
the sentinel
kmorg
mc666
Chairman_Smith
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Empty
PostSubject: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 7:17 am

This is my first Accept disk btw;

I grabbed it thinking it was Balls To The Wall, but what I failed to realize till I got home was it is a odd grouping of that album and Restless And Wild. 5 songs are missing and the tracks are not in order. Heres the tracklisting

1. Fast As A Shark
2. Restless And Wild
3. Don't Go Stealing My Soul Away
4. Love Child
5. Turn Me On
6. London Leatherboys
7. Losers and Winners
8. Princess of the Dawn
9. Head Over Heels
10. Winterdreams
11. Flash Rockin' Man
12. Losing More Then You've Ever Had
13. Neon Nights
14. Shake Your Heads
15. Balls To The Wall

I suppose it'll hold me over till I get the real albums, then it goes bye bye on lala.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 7:25 am

that gives you a decent sampling of the two best Accept albums. like you say, it should tide you over until you can snag the full releases. you can't go wrong with any Accept album.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 7:27 am

Accept - A Compliation of the Best of Balls to the Wall / Restless and Wild
Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Accept

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 7:27 am

mc666 wrote:
that gives you a decent sampling of the two best Accept albums. like you say, it should tide you over until you can snag the full releases. you can't go wrong with any Accept album.

I always wrote them off for a long time, then I heard the live track on the Starz album and immediatley added them to my want list. I'm enjoying this disk quite a bit right now.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

kmorg wrote:
Accept - A Compliation of the Best of Balls to the Wall / Restless and Wild
Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Accept

Yep, thats it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 7:35 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I always wrote them off for a long time, then I heard the live track on the Starz album and immediatley added them to my want list. I'm enjoying this disk quite a bit right now.
sweet, make sure that you put Metal Heart up there too. it's a classic as well. 🤘

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 11:24 am

Nice addition !!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 6:07 pm

mc666 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
mc666 wrote:

sweet, make sure that you put Metal Heart up there too. it's a classic as well. 🤘

Thats at the truckstop I got the Cooper CDs from haha, i'll have to grab it next time i'm over there.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 6:38 am

mc666 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
mc666 wrote:

You are a horrible influence, I bought Metal Heart...

I need to stop spending my paychecks the day i get them... scratch
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 8:15 am

Metal Heart rules! :halford:

Of course IMO, there is no such thing as a bad Accept album. Now if only we can get you hooked on U.D.O.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:16 am

I always wrote Accept off as well, then ended up with Balls to the Wall and a couple others on LP that I found for like .25 each. Excellent stuff! Still need to pick up someon CD though.

That compilation you got kind of reminds me of that Guns N Roses Use Your Illusion comp they used to have at Wal-Mart. Half the cover was red, half blue and was supossed to have the best songs off both of em.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:20 am

This reminds me of a comp cd I picked up awhile ago. Accept's Steel Glove: The Collection. I'm not sure who put it together and I hesitate to call it a greatest hits collection because it omits "Balls to the Wall", but it's a decent cd, especially since I don't have much Accept.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 12:02 pm

I have an Accept "best-of" somewhere simply called "The Collection" (I think) that had the audacity to put a photo of the short lived David Reece lineup on the front cover, even though no songs from the "Eat The Heat" album appear on the disc. Duh!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 12:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have an Accept "best-of" somewhere simply called "The Collection" (I think) that had the audacity to put a photo of the short lived David Reece lineup on the front cover, even though no songs from the "Eat The Heat" album appear on the disc. Duh!

Haha, don't you just love cash-ins for the labels? Bands should be more careful whom they sign with. Kiss, Scorpions, Accept, Aerosmith, Motörhead, Uriah Heep, Black Sabbath, etc. they all have tons of worthless copilation albums floating around. And now I see Alice Cooper is the next "victim". Check out www.cdon.com and look up Alice....

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 1:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

That reminds me of that Anthrax comp. with the Vol. 8 line-up and its all Joey songs scratch
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 4:05 pm

Check out U.D.O. if you like Accept. His new album Mastorcutor is really great. My favorite two Accept albums are Metal Heart and Russian Roulette. Of course they're also the only two I bought as new releases back in the mid 80's. That might have something to do with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 4:29 pm

I keep reading this thread title as Weird Al Compilation. Haha. And I keep going, "What the fxck?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed   Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weird Accept Compliation I grabbed
Page 1 of 1