Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oscar the Death Cat

Go down 
+3
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Oscar the Death Cat Empty
PostSubject: Oscar the Death Cat   Oscar the Death Cat Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:28 pm

Anyone hear about "Oscar the death cat". A nursing home has a cat that
can sense when someone is on the verge of passing along. He (the cat)
is so deadly accurate, pun very much intended, that when he goes to a
patients room the staff calls the family to come in for the last
moments. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Oscar the Death Cat   Oscar the Death Cat Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:28 pm

Haha, this cat was mentioned on "The Colbert Report" one night last week but I thought it was a goof... you mean, he's for real??
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Oscar the Death Cat   Oscar the Death Cat Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 3:47 pm

Absolutely. I was having breakfast at a diner in my hometown around 5 am last week before work and one of the light/lite rock stations thay had on was talking about it. Then that night on the 6 o'clock news, I saw something else about it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39550

PostSubject: Re: Oscar the Death Cat   Oscar the Death Cat Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 3:49 pm

Yes, I saw that as well on my local news.I bet those old folks freak if that cat walks into their room
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oscar the Death Cat   Oscar the Death Cat Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 4:21 pm

I found this article on Oscar in the New England Journal of Medicine, of all places...

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/4/328

Pretty strange stuff. I've had two cats for years and they sit on my lap all the time, I guess they don't have the same power that Oscar has....
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39550

PostSubject: Re: Oscar the Death Cat   Oscar the Death Cat Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 4:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I found this article on Oscar in the New England Journal of Medicine, of all places...

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/4/328

Pretty strange stuff. I've had two cats for years and they sit on my lap all the time, I guess they don't have the same power that Oscar has....

Perhaps you should be thankful Laughing
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Oscar the Death Cat   Oscar the Death Cat Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 4:57 pm

007 wrote:
Yes, I saw that as well on my local news.I bet those old folks freak if that cat walks into their room

Nah, apparently the people are so out of it that they don't know he's there most of the time.

I read about him in the local newspaper a week or two ago. Pretty amazing, actually. Apparently the little guy has never been wrong about a death. They even call the family once he's curled up next to someone on the bed, as they usually die within 4 hours of him sitting next to them.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Oscar the Death Cat   Oscar the Death Cat Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 5:05 pm

That's pretty strange.

Over the weekend, my mother-in-law told us to keep cats away from our babies because cats steal their breath away. I found it particulairy odd because:

1.) the twins aren't expected for quite some time yet.
2.) we don't own any cats, nor have we ever said that we wanted any.
3.) how/why would a cat steal a babies breath?

She's coming over the house this week. Does Oscar take requests? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oscar the Death Cat   Oscar the Death Cat Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 5:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That's pretty strange.

Over the weekend, my mother-in-law told us to keep cats away from our babies because cats steal their breath away. I found it particulairy odd because:

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Dude, that's cruel. I love it. My Mom just spent a week at our house getting to know her newborn grandson and we were all glad to see her finally leave... but I wouldn't have wished Oscar on her!!!

Actually, the "cats steal baby's breath" is an old wives' tale. It's more likely that a cat might accidentally smother a kid if it hopped in the crib with it and curled up near its face, but some people apparently believe that a cat will literally "suck" the breath right out of the baby. What-EVER eh??
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Oscar the Death Cat   Oscar the Death Cat Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 5:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That's pretty strange.

Over the weekend, my
mother-in-law told us to keep cats away from our babies because cats
steal their breath away. I found it particulairy odd because:

Speaking of strange, your new Avatar is officially freakin' me out!!! LMAO!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Oscar the Death Cat   Oscar the Death Cat Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 9:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
That's pretty strange.

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Dude, that's cruel. I love it. My Mom just spent a week at our house getting to know her newborn grandson and we were all glad to see her finally leave... but I wouldn't have wished Oscar on her!!!

Actually, the "cats steal baby's breath" is an old wives' tale. It's more likely that a cat might accidentally smother a kid if it hopped in the crib with it and curled up near its face, but some people apparently believe that a cat will literally "suck" the breath right out of the baby. What-EVER eh??

Yea, I know it was a bit harsh, but I couldn't pass up a good Mother-in-law joke.

I thought that was some sort of old wives tale or something but wasn't sure. I just found it really odd that she would tell us this since she's never owned a cat, we've never owned a cat nor have we ever even suggested that we would get one.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Oscar the Death Cat   Oscar the Death Cat Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 9:59 am

I always knew cats were Evil!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oscar the Death Cat   Oscar the Death Cat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oscar the Death Cat
Page 1 of 1