Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?

Go down 
+27
mikeinfla
static
chewie
Wurthless
The_Jayroh
DeathCult
Jesusandmetal23
Tur-Thalion
Metal Misfit
snooloui
James B.
Hadley
ultmetal
adrian
Smindas
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
Sutekh
Eyesore
exact33
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
GrandNational
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:53 pm

ultmetal wrote:
What, you guys don't just give them your bank account info and social security numbers? These people are just giving away money and all you have to do is supply information, information, information...

Now we know how the next Ultimatum album will be funded!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 9:38 pm

Smindas wrote:
When it comes to Craigslist trolling, this guy is usually pretty fantastic: http://dontevenreply.com/

DB, I've got to ask, did you not think it was suspicious that they asked you for money? If they're in a position to give away $40k, why would they need to charge you a poxy $15?

As I said, it was nieve wishful thinking. When you're stuck at a job you hate (as I was at the time) and it seems like you will never get a better one and you're $20K+ in debt you can be a little gullible. Plus I knew that if it was a scam I could easily cancel the card I used for it.

Ironic because everything went to hell after I left Wal-Mart.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Dont forget those scam pop-up ads with stuff like "shock the monkey and win $5000!"
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:50 pm

whats email ?

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:40 pm

i wish these scammers would try to do it to me on skype Smile

snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:41 pm

Smindas wrote:
When it comes to Craigslist trolling, this guy is usually pretty fantastic: http://dontevenreply.com/

DB, I've got to ask, did you not think it was suspicious that they asked you for money? If they're in a position to give away $40k, why would they need to charge you a poxy $15?

Reminds me of the guy who tries to pay a bill with a drawing of a spider: http://www.27bslash6.com/overdue.html
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:00 pm

snooloui wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Reminds me of the guy who tries to pay a bill with a drawing of a spider: http://www.27bslash6.com/overdue.html

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:27 pm

sometimes I respond to toho when he emails me but not too many other scams...

just kidding

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 5:05 pm

I always figured even if you took the time to screw around with them and reply that all it did was confirm someone was reading their junk mail and they (and their buddies) would just keep sending more.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:37 am

snooloui wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Wow. I've never seen this site before but it's hilarious. I just finished reading "Rocked" from May 21, and that had my crying I was laughing so hard. Thanks for the link
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:48 am

I just began scambaiting. My first bait wasnt so successful.

Thats fine though, I have a catcher account filled with 147 scam emails. Just have to pick one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Never a scam email, but sometimes I used to get those IM's when I used to use MSN messenger, they were pretty fun to f*ck with most of the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:01 pm

A while ago I got an e-mail from a "Sergeant Preston" who was supposedly fighting in Iraq. Today I got one from Captain Steve Rogers. Wow, isn't he Captain America?

I love the mangled English and oddball punctuation.

To:
Sent: Saturday, September 3, 2011 3:12 PM
Subject: FOR YOU

With due respect,Pardon me for this letter. This is a genuine matter of utmost importance and immense mutual benefit which must be kept highly confidential.It is with genuine interest and trust that I have contacted you.I know you would be surprised to read from someone relatively unknown to you before now,I have a very desperate need for assistance and have summed up courage to contact you. I found your contact particulars in an address journal,My name is (Capt Steve Rogers),I am an American soldier, serving in the Military with the army's 3rd infantry division and I am seeking your kind assistance to move the sum of Twenty Five million United States dollars ($25,000,000 MILLIONS US DOLLARS ) to you , as far as I can be assured that my share will be safe in your care Until i complete my service here.

This was quite an illegal thing to do, but i tell you what! no compensation can make up For the risk we have taken with our lives in this hell hole, of which my closes friend Was killed by a road side bomb last time in the battle field.One Passionate appeal i will make to you is not to discuss this matter with anybody, should You have reasons to reject this offer, please and please destroy this message as any Leakage of this information will be too bad for the u.s. soldier's here in Iraq. I do Not know how long we will remain here; month of May was the deadliest month for us out Here.

Totally,we lost 127 men and i have been shot, wounded and survived two suicide Bomb attacks by the special grace of god.This and other reasons i will mention later Has prompted me to reach out for help. We plan on using diplomatic means to shipping the money out as military cargo, using diplomatic immunity.This is the reason for contacting you.Once the funds get to you,take your 30% out and keep our own 70%.The only thing we require from you is just for you to help us find a safe place where the funds can be sent to,because Iraq is a war zone. If you are interested get back for more details with the email below,I honestly want this matter to be resolved immediately: capt.steverogers@gncn.net

May god bless you and your family,
Capt. Steve Rogers.

My response:
Dear Whoever-You-Are:

Steve Rogers? Isn't that Captain America's secret identity? Nice try. You should be ashamed of yourself for impersonating a member of our armed forces. Find another sucker to pull your scam on. I hope you choke.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:28 pm

good response. Not only is it really low to impersonate and faslify miliatary service, but to think no one will notice your name is a super hero???

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:42 pm

The stilted English and random punctuation of these things always cracks me up. Like when you receive an email allegedly from PayPal, your credit card company, Ebay or whatever. Like those companies would write like that...

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 6:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The stilted English and random punctuation of these things always cracks me up. Like when you receive an email allegedly from PayPal, your credit card company, Ebay or whatever. Like those companies would write like that...

i dont know - if you see the people at work i get email from who are higher than me makes me wonder....

writing is a lost art.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:08 am

Lookie! I got another e-mail from a member of our brave armed forces in Iraq, wanting to cut me in on a deal. As usual, I present this message with all of the bizarro English and weird formatting intact, exactly as I received it.

Good Day From Iraq

I am Sgt Jason Campbell an American Combat Soldier group of 50,000, 00
combatant, left behind in Iraq for advisory and assistance to Iraq Forces
after the Handing over to Iraq Peace Keeping Force, During my services, I
was been able to secure Twenty Million Dollar($20 million U.S Dollars)
which already Deposited with a Diplomatic Company for security and Safety
Purpose,
I want to hand over this funds to a Trust Worth Person that we help me
keep it till I am back from the Camp in Baghdad Iraq in Dec 2011, Since
Our Final Troops is leaving Iraq 2011.If you are Interested in this Offer
kindly contact me Via my Private
Email:sgtjason78@gmail.com

You will find the story of this money on the web address below. After we
have summated the remaining part
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2967029.stm
Please kindly keep this transaction Confidential because I am still
serving in the Military camp in Baghdad Iraq.

My response. I used basically the same one as last time, with an added P.S. just for fun. Very Happy

Dear Whoever You Are:

Nice try. You should be ashamed of yourself for impersonating a member of our armed forces. Find another sucker to pull your scam on. I hope you choke.

P.S. If you`re going to pretend to be a U.S. service person, perhaps you should at least learn how to type and spell in proper English...retard.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:25 pm

Today I received an e-mail from Ben S. Bernanke, saying that the Federal Reserve had $10.5 million ready to place in my account if only I followed his instructions Laughing very hard

I've been meaning to tell Mr. Bernanke what an awful job he's been doing with the Fed and that he makes Alan Greenspan look like a reasonable man.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 3:07 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Today I received an e-mail from Ben S. Bernanke, saying that the Federal Reserve had $10.5 million ready to place in my account if only I followed his instructions Laughing very hard

I've been meaning to tell Mr. Bernanke what an awful job he's been doing with the Fed and that he makes Alan Greenspan look like a reasonable man.

if you followed his instructions that 10.5 Mil would be $.50 in no time...

The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Man, I've been the millionth person to go all these websites for a while now now. It's like 999,999 people view it, then no one else goes until I do. Then a bunch of people unsee it so that when I go back I'm the millionth again! How nice of everyone....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Check out this message that I got today. You mean, some guy claimed that I died in a car accident and tried to claim MY money? Let me at the sonofa....!

Quote :
Attention: Beneficiary.
TRANSFER OF US$40,800,000.00 TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT.
We are writhing to know if it's true that you are DEAD? Because we received a notification
from one MR. GERSHON SHAPIRO of USA stating that you are DEAD and that you have giving him
the right to claim your funds.
He stated you died on a CAR accident. He has been calling us regarding this issue, but we
cannot proceed with him until we confirm this by not hearing from you after 7days.
Be advised that we have made all arrangements for you to receive and confirm your funds
without anymore stress, and without any further delays. All we need to confirm now is your
been DEAD Or still Alive.Because this MAN'S message brought shock to our minds. And we just
can't proceed with him until we confirm if this is a reality OR not.
But if it happened we did not hear from you after 7days, then we say: MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN
PERFECT PEACE" YOUR JOY AND SUCCESS REMAINS OUR GOAL.
May the peace of the Lord be with you wherever you may be now.
Your Faitfully,
abdulsaram1@att.net

I'm so glad they decided to "writhe" to me to find out if I was really dead. Laughing very hard

...though I must admit, I'm tempted to respond to this one and say "Unfortunately, Mr. Shapiro is correct. I died a week ago and am sending you this e-mail from beyond the grave. Thanks anyway." Laughing

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 10:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Check out this message that I got today. You mean, some guy claimed that I died in a car accident and tried to claim MY money? Let me at the sonofa....!

Quote :
We are writhing to know if it's true that you are DEAD? Because we received a notification
from one MR. GERSHON SHAPIRO of USA stating that you are DEAD and that you have giving him
He stated you died on a CAR accident. He has been calling us regarding this issue, but we
cannot proceed with him until we confirm this by not hearing from you after 7days.
Be advised that we have made all arrangements for you to receive and confirm your funds
without anymore stress, and without any further delays. All we need to confirm now is your
been DEAD Or still Alive.Because this MAN'S message brought shock to our minds. And we just
But if it happened we did not hear from you after 7days, then we say: MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN
Your Faitfully,
abdulsaram1@att.net

I'm so glad they decided to "writhe" to me to find out if I was really dead. Laughing very hard

...though I must admit, I'm tempted to respond to this one and say "Unfortunately, Mr. Shapiro is correct. I died a week ago and am sending you this e-mail from beyond the grave. Thanks anyway." Laughing

Do it! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 8:15 am

lol!

these people are way too much...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:14 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Quote :
Your Faitfully,
abdulsaram1@att.net

I got another copy of this same e-mail today, so I figured it was fate. I responded to it with the following:

"Dear Whoever You Are:
Unfortunately, it's true. I died in a car accident three weeks ago. I am now a zombie who's writing this e-mail to you from beyond the grave. WOOOOOOO SPOOKY!!!!

Please note that Mr. Shapiro died in the same car accident in which I expired, so whoever is coming to your office claiming to be Mr. Shapiro is not the real Mr. Shapiro, so don't give him the money either!

P.S. I hope you choke."

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Quote :
Your Faitfully,
abdulsaram1@att.net

I got another copy of this same e-mail today, so I figured it was fate. I responded to it with the following:

"Dear Whoever You Are:
Unfortunately, it's true. I died in a car accident three weeks ago. I am now a zombie who's writing this e-mail to you from beyond the grave. WOOOOOOO SPOOKY!!!!

Please note that Mr. Shapiro died in the same car accident in which I expired, so whoever is coming to your office claiming to be Mr. Shapiro is not the real Mr. Shapiro, so don't give him the money either!

P.S. I hope you choke."

That was awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next