Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!

Go down 
+13
Lurideath
jerseyultifan+
jstate
krokus
Stender
Temple of Blood
Wargod
bgast1
GrandNational
ohwellmonkey
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Empty
PostSubject: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:14 pm

RAVAGE - The End of Tomorrow
AT WAR - Infidel
BONDED BY BLOOD - Feed the Beast
HEXEN - State of Insurgency
EVILE - Infected Nations

Any comments about any of these?

Last edited by ultmetal on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:18 pm

Excellent release. Like this one allot. Reminds me of Gama Bomb or Hatchet.

HEXEN - State of Insurgency
Recently picked this one up. Sounds pretty decent on the first coupla spins. Time will tell if it has any legs or will fade into obscurity for me.

Have not heard Ravage or At War, although both are on the want-list, especially the Ravage disc. Really liked what I've heard on their myspace page.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:47 pm

You will freakin love Ravage Ult.It has a definite Maiden/Priest vibe but still remains fresh sounding.Lots of great riffs and melodies on that album.

Bonded by Blood-Pretty decent release for these young Thrashers.Nothing mind blowing but they have alot of room to grow.

Hexen-Great Album with lots of dual lead work and time changes.The vocals are your typical thrash style but the music sets this apart from alot of bands.

At War-Havent heard any of this one yet
Back to top Go down
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 4:55 pm

I Actaully have all these. the At War one is the lamest of the bunch.
Feed The Fire, and Hexen have returned for time to time in my cd player.
But the Ravage i didn't really give it a chance. but as stated above it is very melodic.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 5:13 pm

Hexen - Local boys, probably the best of the bunch you'll be getting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 5:22 pm

Ravage is on the list, some good sounds there. Bonded By Blood is great but kind of bogs down , I think they should've cut out a couple songs.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 6:39 pm

I have an old Ravage CD that someone burned for me off vinyl. I don't think it's the same Ravage. The CD title is Wrecking Ball.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:01 pm

The Ravage will Ravage you and the Bonded By Blood will slay you!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:19 pm

My two cents for what it's worth:

RAVAGE - I don't think this is too hot.
HEXEN - Can really play their butts off but haven't discovered how to write great riffs or songs yet IMHO. You can tell they were really influenced by "Rust in Peace" I think.
BONDED BY BLOOD - Need time to develop into a top tier group but they are still young.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:01 pm

From what I have heard of Ravage, they are rad as heck. The first one spectral rider is awesome, never heard the new one.

Bonded by blood is one of my more favorate new wave thrash bands...besides Adrenicide, no one can touch Adrenicide. THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_cool

At war always rules, this one will too despite the lame cover art probably.

Havent spent much time listening to Hexen, but rad cover art on state of insurgency.

Last edited by Stender on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:16 pm

Ult you should really get the new Savage Messiah you'll love it!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:26 pm

I'll check into it. Thanks.

Picked up the Ravage on your suggestion.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:51 am

The new AT WAR is great. If you liked the first two, you will like this one too. Also the new WHIPLASH is great.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:40 am

I want WHIPLASH too. It's in my WANT LIST at Amazon, as is Evile - Infected Nations and Havok - Burn.

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:20 am

Another one is the new Toxic Holocaust-Hell on Earth. So many new Thrash releases coming out,I cant keep up.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:09 pm

I love that Hexen disc. My favorite of last year by a wide margin. Can't wait to see how they follow it up.

I also like that Bonded By Blood too. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:26 pm

scott,Ravage played local here.i really thought they were rad.kinda had a Maiden feel to them! liked them alot! sorry,the others i havent heard of.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Received EVILE - Infected Nation today as well. THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! 11840

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:33 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Speaking of Hatchet,I really liked Awaiting Evil but the newer song clips sound even better.The band sounds tighter and the new vocalist really enhances the bands sound.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:09 am

The new EVILE is different from their debut. Seems they wanted to break free from the 'retro thrash' tag. The riffs are more complex and the vocalist completely changed styles.

HEXEN are a good thrash band. The seem to have a slight punk edge about them. The vocals are a bit typical of the whole retro-thrash crowd, spit out at 100 MPH in rapid fire secession. They remind me slightly of Municipal Waste and Gama Bomb. Some nice dual guitar work. Lots of speed and aggression.

Still waiting on Bonded by Blood, At War and Ravage.

I'm expecting great things from At War. I'm a big fan of their first two albums and have them both on vinyl and CD, as well as their EP. I also have an autographed copy of their first demo tape COVER, though I sadly do not have the tape itself.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:30 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Speaking of Hatchet,I really liked Awaiting Evil but the newer song clips sound even better.The band sounds tighter and the new vocalist really enhances the bands sound.

Haven't heard anything new from them, but I did read that they went through 2 vocalists since that debut album. Have they set a release for the new one?

Quote :
The new EVILE is different from their debut. Seems they wanted to break free from the 'retro thrash' tag. The riffs are more complex and the vocalist completely changed styles.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I loved their debut but haven't heard the new one yet, aside from the 1st single.

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:46 am

I havent seen a release date on that yet MG.I know their touring right now with Havoc,thats about all I know.

Something that will interest Ult and other fans of Sacraments Haunts of Violence,the new hatchet singer sounds alot like Rob Wolfe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:54 am

Now that makes me curious. The first Hatchet kind of faded for me.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:01 pm

RAVAGE - The End of Tomorrow = Great album by a damn good band! Played with these guys a few times and they are just as good live as they are on recording.

AT WAR - Infidel = Awesome album, old school!

BONDED BY BLOOD - Feed the Beast = Good band and good musicians. Not really into this album too much though.

HEXEN - State of Insurgency = Amazing band. One of the best in the bunch. You'll love this one!

EVILE - Infected Nations - Wasn't really much of a fan before but this new one is damn good!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Haven't heard the new Evile or At War yet.

The Ravage album is really good. As is the Hexen. I like the Bonded By Blood disc,too. Just not as much as I like the Hexen and Ravage albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!   THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THRASH! Got some comin' in the mail!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next