Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE

Go down 
+2
exact33
Fat Freddy
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Empty
PostSubject: Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE   Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 7:24 am

They're giving away a free summary 10 track CD. Just enter your details on their website and they'll post the CD out for free (or you can choose a download)

https://www.marillion.com/account/registerCC.php
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE   Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:59 am

Neat-O. Free is good. Haven't heard this band in years (my college roommate was a big fan during the Fish era so I heard a lot of MISPLACED CHILDHOOD and SCRIPT FOR A JESTER'S TEAR back then)... might give this a shot.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE   Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:10 pm

nice!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE   Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Got mine in the mail today. Woo, that was fast.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE   Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:25 pm

Ordered mine today... Very Happy

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE   Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Got mine yesterday too. Good stuff!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE   Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:43 pm

exact33 wrote:
Got mine yesterday too. Good stuff!

I forgot to throw mine in the car yesterday so I haven't heard it yet. Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE   Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 5:50 pm

I just ordered mine too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE   Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:47 am

Finally giving the CRASH COURSE disc a listen today. I do believe this is the first time I've ever heard Marillion with Hogarth on vox, as I mentioned earlier I heard a LOT of the Fish-era stuff when I was in college thanks to a Marillion-obsessed roommate. Of course that was a LONG time ago so I had no expectations of what the songs on this comp were gonna sound like.

Short review... sounds like pretty decent "chill out" music to me. I vaguely remember Marillion as sounding a lot like Gabriel-era Genesis, but I don't hear much of that anymore, I do hear a lot of U2 in here, hell, maybe even a little Coldplay or Maroon 5... not what I would normally listen to on a daily basis, but these guys are great musicians.

This disc also happens to be irritating the hell out of the little twenty-something chippie doodle who sits at the next desk over from me (and who is always complaining about the music I listen to - she actually asked me during a particularly lengthy track "Is this song EVER going to END?"), which is just a bonus. Very Happy

I don't know if I'm gonna run out and buy any more Marillion CDs but either way this isn't a bad listen.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE   Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:34 pm

I got my CD yesterday...was spinning it this morning...

It's definitely chill out music...very melodic and has good dynamics...need to let it sink in more...

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE   Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 4:46 pm

I agree with the label chill out music. I have listened to it twice, very mellow stuff. I really like some of it, and then some of it is ehh.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE   Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:38 pm

Very mellow and very enjoyable
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE   Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:02 am

Just did this. I haven't listened to Marillion in a while because of how more 'chill out' it has become since marillion.com was released, but as long as Rothery's passionate guitar playing is still going strong, I'm sure I can find something to enjoy here.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE   Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:22 am

I recognise one of the songs, Estonia. One of the most beautiful choruses my ears have had the pleasure of hearing.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE   Marillion -  Crash Course CD sampler for FREE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marillion - Crash Course CD sampler for FREE
Page 1 of 1