Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....

Go down 
+9
Stender
James B.
ultmetal
GrandNational
Schbopo
manny
Eyesore
spiritoradio
Mglaffas81
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Empty
PostSubject: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:51 am

This is actually a pretty cool cover - David Draiman's voice is great! The snare drum sounds like sh!t, but other than that, it's a cool cover - oh, and don't mind the stupid video, just clips from other concerts that don't go with the music at all (I HATE THAT!)

Wait a minute......Pantera blow them out of the water with this one:

headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:44 pm

I like Disturbed's cover of it better. I've never been a huge fan of Phil's vocals post CFH. I feel that David Draiman has more emotion in his voice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Call me crazy, but that Disturbed cover sounds like ass. I like Disturbed, but there's nothing great about that.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Call me crazy, but that Disturbed cover sounds like ass. I like Disturbed, but there's nothing great about that.

+1
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:29 pm

Disturbed's cover songs are always much better than their original material

Last edited by Schbopo on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because everybody seemed to take it wrong...)
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Disturbed's cover songs are always much better than their original songs.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:06 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

Rolling Eyes
You know, I almost replied with sarcasm earlier, because I misread it as him saying Disturbed's cover songs are better than the original songs, not Disturbed's original songs. Did you do the same thing?

It was an oddly worded insult, I think. Haha.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:12 pm

Disturbed version IMHO= sign

Pantera version IMHO= lame

Death Anges version= headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:33 pm

I think the Death Angel version is crap, too. No balls whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

Rolling Eyes
You know, I almost replied with sarcasm earlier, because I misread it as him saying Disturbed's cover songs are better than the original songs, not Disturbed's original songs. Did you do the same thing?

Wow..yeah thats what I thought also haha.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:06 am

Personally, not much of a fan of any of these covers. They're not terrible, but still.

Call me old fashioned, but I like the original best.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 3:10 am

Stender wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Wow..yeah thats what I thought also haha.

Schkoobidoo is hard to pin down lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 8:50 am

Eyesore wrote:

That comment is funny as hell coming from a big Def Leppard fan....

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:10 am

Eyesore wrote:

YES!

Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Celebrity-pictures-vader-puppies
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:25 am

James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:07 pm

James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
No, it's not. Death Angel is far, far heavier than Def Leppard ever was. Def Leppard hasn't been playing heavy music for over TWENTY years now. So only a dummy would expect Def Leppard to play anything "with balls."

Death Angel is of course different; they're heavy, hence my comment. But thanks for the antagonistic reply. =)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:11 pm

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
No, it's not. Death Angel is far, far heavier than Def Leppard ever was. Def Leppard hasn't been playing heavy music for over TWENTY years now. So only a dummy would expect Def Leppard to play anything "with balls."

Death Angel is of course different; they're heavy, hence my comment. But thanks for the antagonistic reply. =)

I understand your point.... I have to spend a week at a time in North Dakota and only get to come home on week ends.....So I have to find some humor in life.

One of my favorite Death Angel songs has no balls either, though it has one killer meody...."Room With A View"

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Thanks Scott....Ace's tone was bad @$$

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Gimme the original anyday (although those covers ain't too bad,I suppose)
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Disturbed sucks...I liked a couple of songs for a few minutes several years ago...now I think its all boring and repetitive...saw them live and was fighting sleep the entire time.

The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 7:04 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Disturbed sucks...I liked a couple of songs for a few minutes several years ago...now I think its all boring and repetitive...saw them live and was fighting sleep the entire time.

They have some songs that aren't half bad; I actually enjoy The Night quite a lot.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 7:10 pm

See, the thing about Disturbed is that they have a good sound, it's just that every song they've ever written sounds exactly the same. That's why I like their cover songs.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Schbopo wrote:
See, the thing about Disturbed is that they have a good sound, it's just that every song they've ever written sounds exactly the same. That's why I like their cover songs.

I'm not a fan of their covers Razz I feel like they're trying hard enough, and they aren't poorly made, they just choose songs that they don't really sound good when they cover. Like, Blind Guardian covering Barbara Ann somehow sounds really good, but Disturbed's usually just don't feel right. It feels forced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....   Disturbed covers Cold Gin..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disturbed covers Cold Gin.....
Page 1 of 1