Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead

Go down 
+4
GrandNational
Troublezone
AchrisK
Wargod
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 4:10 pm

This topic should go in the non-metal section.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 4:13 pm

Lurideath wrote:
This topic should go in the non-metal section.
No. It shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 4:21 pm

Yes it should. Obviously you have no damn recollection of what metal is!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 4:25 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Yes it should. Obviously you have no damn recollection of what metal is!
Then your opinion of metal is clearly seen at the end of a narrow tunnel. I never said this was traditional heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:15 pm

Oh hey Serj has short hair again. What do you know. Anyway, I heard Saving Us today - seems decent but nothing spectacular.

Also, I'm of the Eyesore train of thought - metal is a damn expansive genre.

PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:27 pm

It's discussions like this, that I voted against a rock n roll
room. But it seems to be thriving over there, so what do I know?

And just to support brother Shannon, from what I have seen, he is not closed minded about music.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:39 pm

Thanks Eyesore, cool video.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 10:53 pm

30-second samples from the whole deluxe version of the album can be heard HERE. Click the "horen" icon.

"Blue" is a re-recording of an old unreleased SOAD song. They used to play it live before the debut, but it's never surfaced on a regular release. I have a demo of it from the self-titled sessions, but that's it. It's now an acoustic song (at least 30 seconds of it).

The only known live version of "Blue":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiLt0mNIQf8
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Thanks Eyesore. Now I just have to wait for my video.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 1:19 am

GrandNational wrote:
Oh yeah, what video did you end up in?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:31 pm

this has no interest to me what so ever. i dont deny saod and serj are quite talented just not really the thing that gets my molten metal juices flowing thats all
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 5:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Praise the Lord, Pass the Ammunition. I got an e-mail the other day saying that it was completed, so now I just have to wait on its debut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 5:30 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Praise the Lord, Pass the Ammunition. I got an e-mail the other day saying that it was completed, so now I just have to wait on its debut.
How is that song? That's the only sample I didn't really care for. It didn't sound like it had much structure, and was just noisy.

By the way, Serj used to shout "praise the Lord, pass the ammunition, God wants you to go to war!" way back in the day before they broke into the song "War?"

Useless trivia. Haha.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 2:31 am

Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
How is that song? That's the only sample I didn't really care for. It didn't sound like it had much structure, and was just noisy.

By the way, Serj used to shout "praise the Lord, pass the ammunition, God wants you to go to war!" way back in the day before they broke into the song "War?"

Useless trivia. Haha.

The song is a bit unconventional to say the least. It has a heavy funk groove and the chorus is catchy as always and some weird chant-like vocals in between. It's maybe something Faith No More would venture into, I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 2:40 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Useless trivia. Haha.
The song is a bit unconventional to say the least. It has a heavy funk groove and the chorus is catchy as always and some weird chant-like vocals in between. It's maybe something Faith No More would venture into, I think.
Cool. They probably picked the wrong 30 seconds to showcase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead   Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serj Tankian (Of System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: