Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Retro!

Go down 
+23
corplhicks
TheGreatDuck
SpectreFate
Orion Crystal Ice
Boris2008
ZombieHavoc
chewie
Dark Horseman
mc666
Zdan
Andy
INVADERS
Witchfinder
James B.
EvyMetal
Wargod
Wurthless
arachnoplasma
Joe
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
kmorg
Eyesore
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 7:48 pm

I might have posted this before, but these guys are pretty killer:

Mars Red Sky

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 5:06 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

The Vintage Caravan were HoM favs a couple of years ago, I always though that they had a lot of potential but were still very young, I really really like this though.

Scored me a reasonably priced copy of Arrival today. Should have it in a few days. \'arry \'eadbanger

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Witchwood

This band seems to be trying to answer the question..."If Ian Anderson had joined Uriah Heep what would it have sounded like?".
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 2:12 pm

S.D. wrote:
Witchwood

This band seems to be trying to answer the question..."If Ian Anderson had joined Uriah Heep what would it have sounded like?".  

Ohhh I've pre ordered the sh*t out of the vinyl on this! Love it!!  Very Happy

Hey Shawn, have you listened to the album? It's a bit of a belter!

http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/pages/play-album.php?activeAlbum=01288+-+Witchwood+-+Litanies+From+The+Woods
Back to top Go down

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Hey Shawn, have you listened to the album? It's a bit of a belter!

http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/pages/play-album.php?activeAlbum=01288+-+Witchwood+-+Litanies+From+The+Woods

I'm listening to it right now. Really liking it so far. These guys have dug a little deeper into the various stylistic experimentations of the late 60s/early 70s than most of these bands do. A real nice variety of sounds on display here.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 4:30 am

Don't know if anyone's mentioned these guys before but they're killer.

Back to top Go down

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 5:45 pm

New single from PURSON...it's Rosalie as the "Electric Landlady"...psychedelia galore baby.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 8:46 pm

S.D. wrote:
New single from PURSON...it's Rosalie as the "Electric Landlady"...psychedelia galore baby.  

I like it. It isn't the strongest Purson song I've ever heard but I like it.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 1:23 pm

I know that a lot of people dislike this band for some reason but I love them and this has me drooling for the new album  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 6:22 pm

I really enjoyed their debut and pimped these guys on here...You didn't care!  Sad 

Now they are back with a new record and sounding great as ever......You probably still won't care!  Razz
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 2:47 pm

Just a year on from their debut, Witchwood are back!

Which is fine by me cause they rock!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 6:01 pm

damn that sounds really cool. i don't know why i haven't listened to their first one.

rad blue oyster cult cover, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 2:45 pm

New one from Swedish meatballs Horisont coming in early February...
Retro!  - Page 13 HORISONT_Cover_1000pix

Quote :
Next up from our forthcoming album ”About Time” is the opening track ”The Hive”. This song was written by the worlds greatest songwriter Jimmy Webb and was originally performed by Richard Harris in 1969. We have always considered it to be a very interesting piece and it was a huge challenge for us to make it our own. The song came out absolutely awesome which just goes to show that a good song is a good song, whatever style you decide to play it in. Have a listen and let us know what you think!
Peace and love – Horisont

By my count, this is their 5th album. Gonna have to re-listen to their last 4 and see if I need to add anymore to my collection. Probably will.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 4:07 pm

I've got the first three, I think that's enough although that track is great.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 4:16 pm

But while we're here I'll take a moment to mourn the passing of my favourite of all of the 'retro' bands.

It looks as though Purson is no more! Officially they have cancelled their UK tour due to the ill health of one of the band members and won't be doing anything for the foreseeable future. But those who were at the final shows seem to think that it's the end.

It appears that it's been heading in that direction for a while and the last album was essentially just Rosie with Raff playing drums and one solo from George, so maybe it was coming.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 7:43 pm

damn i didn't know Horisont had that many albums. i remember really loving their first one. i've only heard singles since then, and they usually range from pleasant to great. i may have to go listen to their discog.

and that blows about Purson. they were an interesting group.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 4:15 pm

Way back when I first got on my retro kick I loved the first Troubled Horse album, it's taken this long for them to come u with a follow up.

That said, it sounds like it may have been worth it! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 1:09 pm

Sounds pretty cool. I should revisit that debut again and see if it holds up. I just might need to add another Troubled Horse album to my collection.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 4:21 pm

Greta Van Fleet...

That voice coming outta that kid sounds almost too good to be true. Very Robert Plant. The whole thing has a decent Zeppelin vibe to it actually. Check out this tune...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 10:30 am

Dang. Almost a year since someone's posted something new in the retro thread. Guess the fad has passed. Anywho...

Freedom Hawk has a new one out...Beast Remains

https://ripplemusic.bandcamp.com/album/beast-remains

The singer used to have a much more higher Ozzy-like delivery. It's still there, but I guess he's toning it down some. Still cool though. I dig these guys.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 11:24 am

Introducing The Rosalie Cunningham Band!!! This is going to be brilliant! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 11:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dang. Almost a year since someone's posted something new in the retro thread. Guess the fad has passed. Anywho...

The singer used to have a much more higher Ozzy-like delivery. It's still there, but I guess he's toning it down some. Still cool though. I dig these guys.

I'm two behind on these guys, but they are fantastic!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 9:52 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

A word of warning. If you order their new album from the band's Bandcamp website, be prepared to wait. It's going on 3 weeks since I ordered mine and although I got a shipping confirmation email, I still ain't seen sh*t.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 11:07 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

A word of warning. If you order their new album from the band's Bandcamp website, be prepared to wait. It's going on 3 weeks since I ordered mine and although I got a shipping confirmation email, I still ain't seen sh*t.

Message them. Screw that. You have, what, 45 days to make a claim on Paypal?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 11:31 am

I went that route earlier. Shortly after the album was released, the cd was listed as “out of stock” so i messaged them asking if and when they would get more. No response. A week or so later i checked the bancamp site and saw it was back in stock so i ordered it. And I’ve been stuck in limbo since.

Whoever runs their Bandcamp site does a lousy job.

Retro!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retro!
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next