Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I went to get an oil change...

Go down 
+10
Troublezone
Mglaffas81
Joe
MetalGuy71
SpectreFate
kmorg
thejokeriv
tohostudios
manny
Shawn Of Fire
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

So I went to get an oil change... Empty
PostSubject: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:12 pm

My son's car is 10 years old, and I took it for an oil change at the dealership (I know, the dealership).

As usual, they do inspections etc and reccomend services.

2 major services they said I was in urgent need of:

- Replace front brakes & rotors - $488

- New head gasket since they found a significant oil leak - $975

So, of course I call around to price these options since it is a dealership after all. I figured they were upping the price but I really did need something done.

I call a local place close to my house for the brakes/rotors.... $145 + tax!! That's a far cry from $488. So, I drop it off today and ask them to look at the head gasket for me to look for a leak. They call me a few hours later and told me they were done with the brakes & rotors...they also cleaned and adjusted the rear brakes for $30 more (dealership wanted $60 for this). Then they said "We checked your head gasket...there's no leak anywhere...you're fine."

So I went to get an oil change... 19976 Dealerships suck. Did they think I was going to panic and be like " affraid FIX IT NOW!!!"?? Idiots...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:30 pm

They were hoping you would tell them 'FIX IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:41 pm

When I bought my new car several weeks back, I laughed when the salesman asked me if I wanted to schedule my first oil change while I was there. I told him only if it was free.

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:59 pm

The only reason to EVER go to a dealer, is to pick up a part that can't be purchased elsewhere. Then have someone else install it.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:07 pm

detuned wrote:
The only reason to EVER go to a dealer, is to pick up a part that can't be purchased elsewhere. Then have someone else install it.

LOL!!!! I buy my oil filter element and crush gasket at the dealer and do it myself, much cheaper!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:14 pm

I work for a company that is owned by 3 different dealership companies. One of them imports the cars I own, and that is where I bought it. So I go there to fix a small plastic piece responsible for toggeling between hot and cold air throught the aircondition. Turns out they have to remove the entire dashboard to replace this part, and that is a whole days work. The part itself costs next to nothing, but the total price with the work done came to approx. 11000 Nkr. Now, we get discounts because they're our owner, but even with a 10-15% discount the price is close to 10000 Nkr. So I went to another dealership company in another town. They buy the parts from the same place, so they say they will probably land on basically the same price, as the work takes just as long here as at the other place. They calculate a price for me, and without any discount they land on a price just below 8000 Nkr!!! That means that they very company I work for tried to rip me off!

Another experience I had was when I had my car at the obligatory bi-annual EU-check, and asked for a price to fix any errors they found. They found several problems, and wanted 12000 Nkr to fix it. That was basically what that old car was worth! My brother bought parts for 2000 Nkr and fixed it for free!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Quote :
Nkr

Only you and Olaf know what this is. Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:18 pm

LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:
Quote :
Nkr

Only you and Olaf know what this is. Smile

Norwegian Kroner? That wasn't too hard, was it? Besides, can't you Americans even compare two numbers to each other? Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Quote :
Norwegian Kroner

What? That sounds like a stomach ailment. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:30 pm

or a new phrase for a stiffy....

Man, I woke up with one helluva NORWEGIAN KRONER this morning! The old lady ran screaming from the bedroom.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:33 pm

detuned wrote:
The only reason to EVER go to a dealer, is to pick up a part that can't be purchased elsewhere.

Or in some cases, when you can't grow your own. Now if you'll excuse me I'm getting a Nowegian Kroner that need some attention.

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:38 pm

CAR dealer. Have fun with that Kroner for the next 45 seconds or so. lol!
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:39 pm

I don't know, I think maybe it's better suited as a sexual favor than a stiffy.

"I went out with this chick last night. She invited me in and gave me a Norwegian Kroner."
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:17 pm

Joe wrote:
I don't know, I think maybe it's better suited as a sexual favor than a stiffy.

"I went out with this chick last night. She invited me in and gave me a Norwegian Kroner."

Is that like a hot water BJ?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:23 pm

That $975 head gasket repair was about $925 in labor alone...the part is $50.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:24 pm

Well, this thread turned out great!

Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:25 pm

Yep, it sure did, I got a Kroner just thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:38 pm

kmorg wrote:
Well, this thread turned out great!

Laughing very hard

Hehe, Americans are silly.....

Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:54 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Hehe, Americans are silly.....

That chick may not be book smart, be she isn't dumb either. I imagine she makes more money then any of our lame asses! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Dealerships are notorious for ripping people off.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Also known to be run by dubious red neck Pantera fans
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:44 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

...and their Dad's favorite bands are Molly Hatchet and .38 Special.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:48 pm

detuned wrote:
manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

...and their Dad's favorite bands are Molly Hatchet and .38 Special.

who attend the Westboro Baptist Church
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:50 pm

We have a winner! Johnny, tell the curly haired bastard what he's won....

lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:01 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I went to get an oil change...   So I went to get an oil change... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I went to get an oil change...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next