Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good! Empty
PostSubject: Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good!   Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 5:28 pm

🤘

Of course, I only own two albums, so the others may be quite poolicious, but ...'Til The End! and The Mechanics of Perilous Times are outstanding! Have you guys ever been approached by any of the bigger labels like Metal Blade or Nuclear Blast? I'm really digging these CDs! And I've heard far worse from signed bands that people love.

Anyway, I'm been a potential fan for years now, always intending to pick up the albums, but for whatever reason I never did. I'm glad I finally took the plunge, though. humble
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good!   Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 5:42 pm

Thanks, We sent out a demo to Metal Blade, they told us it was very good but not what they're looking for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good!   Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 6:40 pm

brontotex wrote:
Thanks, We sent out a demo to Metal Blade, they told us it was very good but not what they're looking for.
Well, you should have included some breakdowns! lol!

That's unfortunate, though. Ultimatum is the kind of band Metal Blade became famous for. Now they're on their way to becoming Victory Records under a different name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good!   Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 7:50 pm

brontotex wrote:

That's a shame really considering they signed Primordial, surely givin' MB past history, signing a Black Metal band from Ireland came as a shock to alot of people ?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good!   Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 8:53 pm

We were picked up by a sub-label of Massacre Records on our last
record. Perhaps once the new CD is done a bigger label will take
notice. Either way, glad you like our music. If you like the EP, you'll
love the album. The EP was only demos. Into the Pit was completely
re-record and sounds awesome.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good!   Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:43 pm

brontotex wrote:

That's because Metal Blade Records should change their name to Metal-Core Records nowadays. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good!   Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 12:20 am

ultmetal wrote:
We were picked up by a sub-label of Massacre Records on our last record. Perhaps once the new CD is done a bigger label will take notice. Either way, glad you like our music. If you like the EP, you'll
love the album. The EP was only demos. Into the Pit was completely
re-record and sounds awesome.
You mentioned that. The EP sounded awesome! I love demos in this day and age. They should be renamed to uber-demos or oustandemos or something. Haha.

Seriously, I was kidding about the back catalog being poolicious. I've heard samples many times, like I mentioned, and always dug what I heard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good!   Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 12:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
brontotex wrote:
That's because Metal Blade Records should change their name to Metal-Core Records nowadays. Sad
Yeah, I guess it's understandable to want to stay profitable and such, and there's no doubt that bands in that early Metal Blade style probably wouldn't sell well in today's musical climate, but it's tough not feeling like Metal Blade is at the point of no return, you know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good!   Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimatum Is Frickin' Good!
Page 1 of 1