Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The other Ultimatum(s)

Go down 
+8
powermacho
Chairman_Smith
GrandNational
mc666
sovdat
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
kmorg
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

The other Ultimatum(s) Empty
PostSubject: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:48 am

I saw a clip on YouTube from a band from Mexico, naming themselves Ultimatum. And when people told them that the name Ultimatum was already taken, they referred to being from Mexico so that made it ok. They also preceded to refer to an older band from Mexico also named Ultimatum, so that also made it ok!?! Laughing Anyway, I thought it would be fun to track down as many Ultimatum(s) as possible, and stumbled upon the aformentioned older Ultimatum from Mexico. Maybe they were the firt ones?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:55 am

There was a Canadian band called Ultimatum that released a CD as well.

I honestly don't understand in this day and age why any band would want to call themselves a name that is already being used. In the 80 and early 90's, it was harder to know of these obscure bands because there was not internet. Now it's as easy as a Google search, and for metal bands, a quick search on Metal-Archives or some site like that.

The Mexican band doing the covers on YouTube are really defensive over using the name, despite the fact that numerous people have told them the name is taken and trademarked.

Warrior anyone?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 8:56 am

I found an "Ultimatum" from Croatia (I think) while trolling YouTube a while back. So that's how many so far, five? "Our" Ultimatum, two Mexican Ultimatums, the Croation Ultimatum, and a Canadian Ultimatum. Are there any more?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 8:57 am

A French one, i believe.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:01 am

Hah! I think this is a 3rd Mexican one!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:02 am

How about one from Hungary? (This is actually quite good, up until he sings, that is Very Happy)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:04 am

A street-punk band from Bogota, Colombia:

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:07 am

This could be turned into a Reality TV show. Gather all the Ultimatums together, they each play a song, let the viewers vote on which is the best one, and whoever wins gets to keep the name exclusively. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:48 am

The Croatian Ultimatum has a Facebook group...

https://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=Ultimatum&init=q&sid=7cc109f4acdf373b2f89c167db7e9ba6#/group.php?gid=43134320083

Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:41 am

Metal archives saves ...

1.Ultimátum
2.Ultimatum (Arg)
3.Ultimatum (Aus)
4.Ultimatum (Can)
5.Ultimatum (Can)
6.Ultimatum (Chl)
7.Ultimatum (Fra)
8.Ultimatum (Fra)
9.Ultimatum (Hrv)
10.Ultimatum (Mex)Alternate name/spelling(s): Equus
11.Ultimatum (Rou)
12.Ultimatum (US)Alternate name/spelling(s): Angelic Force

Apparently there's another US band called Ultimatum, that participated on "RAVE MASTERS - VOLUME ONE" compilation Very Happy

http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/320645
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:23 am

kmorg wrote:
They also preceded to refer to an older band from Mexico also named Ultimatum
that was a cool band. i have No te detengas, but still searching for the self titled album.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 12:36 pm

sovdat wrote:
Metal archives saves ...

1.Ultimátum
2.Ultimatum (Arg)
3.Ultimatum (Aus)
4.Ultimatum (Can)
5.Ultimatum (Can)
6.Ultimatum (Chl)
7.Ultimatum (Fra)
8.Ultimatum (Fra)
9.Ultimatum (Hrv)
10.Ultimatum (Mex)Alternate name/spelling(s): Equus
11.Ultimatum (Rou)
12.Ultimatum (US)Alternate name/spelling(s): Angelic Force

Apparently there's another US band called Ultimatum, that participated on "RAVE MASTERS - VOLUME ONE" compilation Very Happy

http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/320645

So that is 13, but only 1 from Mexico, and the ones from Colombia & Hungary are missing on that list also, it seems. That would make at least 17 bands named Ulitmatum!!! affraid

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:37 pm

I just started a band. We call ourselves "Ultimatum". Pretty cool name, eh?
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:11 pm

Kmorg: the 1st one on the list are Hungarian Ultimatum. There are more bands with the same name for sure.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Someone should put an "Ultimatum" compilation with one song from each one of the bands starting with the 1st Ultimatum to the most recent one Laughing.

If there was an Ultimatum throw-down, who would win, Scott or the buff dude from the Hungarian version?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:41 pm

sovdat wrote:
Apparently there's another US band called Ultimatum, that participated on "RAVE MASTERS - VOLUME ONE" compilation Very Happy http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/320645

Wait, this one does not count since it rave music, which really is not music at all. That's one less Ultimatum to worry about, although it would be fun to put on the compilation Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:08 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:

Awwwmaaaan, thats what I named my grunge band!!!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:36 pm

LoL. I wonder what band names would be the most used?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:40 pm

I wonder how many bands have used some variation of this name (I know I used to work for one of them)

AXIS, AXXIS, AXXXIS
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:01 pm

Dont forget Ultimatium. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:05 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:24 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
lol!

Cool name!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:10 pm

what about SACRED? on the encyclopedia metallium they have 59 names. Dammed
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:24 am

powermacho wrote:
what about SACRED? on the encyclopedia metallium they have 59 names. Dammed

Well, not quite, since it's not the same one word format. Just look at all the bands that start with the word Soul, they easily outnumber all the Sacred bands. But right above it I notice there are at least 11 different bands named Sacrament. I don't see it as a bad thing. It just means that different people from different parts of the world at different times were able to connect with a word or thought or idea that seemed metal to them and it makes the names even more metal in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
muztaine
Metal novice
Metal novice
muztaine

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:35 am

I was horrified when I found out some other, slower band than my own was called Speedwolf (our name).
But they're not listed on Metal-Archives, and play slower than us. So we have more right to name, I believe.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The other Ultimatum(s)   The other Ultimatum(s) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The other Ultimatum(s)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next