Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bowie.....David Bowie

Go down 
+6
criss3o
Wargod
Addy
Troublezone
spiritoradio
Shiney
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Bowie.....David Bowie Empty
PostSubject: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 4:47 pm

I know there are other fans of the Man.....

I love and appreciate all Bowie but as h is one of those chameleonic artists that has different phaes and whatnot ...there are those i like more...

I LOVE "Scary Monsters" era Bowie

I LOVE "Station To Station" era Bowie

I'm OKAY with "Let's Dance" and "Never Let Me Down"

Alot of his early material is hit or miss with me...but mostly everything after and including ZIGGY STARDUST is the bee's knees.....

And the stuff with TIN MACHINE is very underated and cool....

His 90's albums are awesome as well...One of the few "old" artists not afraid to constantly try (and succeed) to stay viable with current trends and still remain original.

Any thoughts?

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 4:52 pm

Funny anecdote...

In 1995 I saw DAVID BOWIE/NINE INCH NAILS/ PRICK in concert...

PRICK was awesome....as were NIN....BOWIE was fantastic...

NIN did a set...BOWIE a set...and then they did a set together of each others songs that was simply brilliant...

My anecdote is that while standing in the front row...my geezerly self amongst a bunch of baggy panted "grunge/alterna-rock kids...BOWIE launched into "The Man Who Sold The World" and the young man closest me whines...."Hey, He's doin' a NIRVANA song" I laned in close so as to not embarass him badly infornt of his posse and anorexic girly and said..."Bowie wrote the song and did it while Cobain was a zygote....you dumbass"....

He walked away redfaced and mad... And my job was done.

The show rocked!!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 5:21 pm

Shiney wrote:
My anecdote is that while standing in the front row...my geezerly self amongst a bunch of baggy panted "grunge/alterna-rock kids...BOWIE launched into "The Man Who Sold The World" and the young man closest me whines...."Hey, He's doin' a NIRVANA song" I leaned in close so as to not embarrass him badly in front of his posse and anorexic girly and said..."Bowie wrote the song and did it while Cobain was a zygote....you dumbass"....He walked away redfaced and mad... And my job was done.

Hilarious! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 3:38 am

Bowie is great.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Bowie is one of my Favs.....

I Love Diamond Dogs & Ziggy Stardust Id say those are my top 2 favorite albums for Bowie

Hours and Earthling are great too

Low would be Ranked in the top 3

My wife is a huge Bowie fan too, He needs to do another album has anybody heard anything on a new album in the planning?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 5:54 pm

Love Bowie as well. My favorite is Hunky Dory followed closely by The Man Who sold the world. The new stuff is indeed good as well, I particularly like Heathen.

Tin Machine is pretty decent as well, and gotta love his work with Iggy Pop.

The 2 disc releases of Ziggy Stardust, Alladin Sane and Diamond dogs are all great. Lots of excellent bonus stuff. Anyone heard the 2 disc version of Young Americans yet?
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 9:52 am

If you don't own Diamond Dogs then you sould classic classic album!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 11:12 pm

Bowie is probably my absolute favorite solo artist, EVER. Loved him since I was 8-ish and saw Labyrinth, then in 7th grade I really discovered his music. I think we have almost everything on CD. (and YAY, Glass Spider is finally coming out on DVD.)

favorites - Scary Monsters, Diamond Dogs, The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust.

and "I'm Afraid Of Americans" is one of the funniest videos I've ever seen. was it supposed to be?
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 4:59 am

Hi all! I know some of you from other boards and some I do not know! I am a HUGE Bowie fan! He is 2nd only to the Beatles for me!

I have been a fan since I 1st heard Ziggy when I was about 8! I enjoy all of his differant eras and styles from Space Oddity to Reality!

Some personal stand-outs are:

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
Aladdin Sane
Diamond Dogs
Low
Station to Station
Scary Monsters ...and Super Creeps
Outside
Earthling
Heathen
Reality
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:34 pm

I just got Ziggy Stardust in the mail today and it is fantastic!!! Brilliant. I also bought the VHS movie for $.94 new, so that should be awesome, I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 9:22 pm

And to this day he ocassionally thinks, "What the hell is a zygote anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:48 pm

David Bowie is one of my absolut favorites. Here is a guy who has produced so much great music over the years, that most true music lovers, regardless of the genre you prefer, hold him on high regard. My favorite is probably Hunky Dory, but I must say I am a fan of the Eno years too. I love the Low-Heroes-the Lodger trilogy. I have most of his CDs, actually.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:55 pm

Quote :
Bowie wrote the song and did it while Cobain was a zygote....you dumbass

Classic!! Way to get zygote into a slam! Like Eyesore said, that kid had no clue as to what you were saying except it wasn't a complement...

David Bowie - great voice.....but I can never erase from my mind an interview I saw once a long time ago and some dude was giving a Bowie story about him taking a "young boy upstairs and smartly buggering him in the @#$!!" :shock:

The Labyrinth stuff was cool and even as a kid I liked the richness of the mans voice....
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 1:32 pm

I got most of his CDs just missing a few but all the popular ones I got with the exception of Let's Dance

My Favorites are

Hours
Ziggy Stardust
Low
Earthling

He needs to do another album
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 6:06 pm

i must admit i am not a fan of bowie really
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 1:50 pm

I like Bowie!!

🤘

He's not an all time favorite, but I really do like to crank his stuff from time to time. I have picked up his "Greatest Hits" and that's good for now, but I might get more stuff later.

I tend to prefer his 70s stuff. "Ziggy Stardust" era is my fave.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 10:57 am

David Bowie is highly creative I think, Theres something about his music that just captures my interest, He's worked with alot of big name musicians and artists, like John Lennon, Luther Vandross, Dave Grohl, Freddy Mercury & Queen to name a few......

I had been a fan somewhat since my childhood as I used to love his reading of Peter & The Wolf and then it resparked when I first saw Labyrinth, when all his CDs were remastered I was ordering 1-2 every week as I worked in a music store, first I bought the albums where i Had heard covers from. Though the first album I got of his just from sheer curiousity was Ziggy Stardust. Its one of my favorite Bowie albums Not a bad song on there.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 4:31 pm

you're right ZIGGY is damn near a perfect album...

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 1:47 am

hmm, yes. Ziggy played guitar...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 4:58 am

I could see myself getting more into Bowie's work.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 12:57 pm

Bro you'd love Ziggy I think

I thought i would like Aladdin Sane more than Ziggy boy was I wrong, Id dare say that Ziggy is my #1 Bowie Album with Low in a close 2nd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 7:43 am

Yeah, from what I gather, "Ziggy" would be my number 1 album. Just going by the Greatest Hits I picked up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 4:19 pm

"Scary Monsters" is probably my favorite though I haven't heard everything by the man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bowie.....David Bowie   Bowie.....David Bowie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bowie.....David Bowie
Page 1 of 1