Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NCAA Yahoo Tournament

Go down 
+3
thejokeriv
tohostudios
exact33
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:02 pm

exact33 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I really wanted to pick against Georgetown because I hate them. Now I have more reason to hate them. angry

me too! How would anyone think VCU moves on against them? Especially when Georgetowns point guard is back??

I didn't have a great opening first round, regarding my picks, but I did pick VCU. Wright was out with a broken hand for over a good month, so I didn't think he would be at full strength or have his basketball legs for this game. I've decided also that John Thompson III just isn't a good tournament coach. Look no further than last year's debacle against Ohio University.

I think you might be on to something. No more picking Georgetown for me. I think the Big East was also way overrated. 11 teams in the tournament and only 6 are alive.

I'm a big fan of the Big East, as I root for Marquette (having been born in the state of Wisconsin). The only disappointment to me was Villanova. This team has NO excuses for their slide in the last 10 games of the season. They went something like 2-8 in their final 10 with wins coming against cellar dweller DePaul on the road and at home to Seton Hall. Even though I really like George Mason, Villanova gave them that game. Villanova was up 6 with under 2 minutes to go, and lost it, due to the fact that they missed three one and one's in a row. I have absolutely no answers to why Jay Wright's team fell apart.

Regarding those other teams, injuries directly affected why those teams lost. D.J Kennedy's ACL tear in the Big East tournament was a big blow to St. Johns. Gonzaga has great big men in Sacre and Dower, so I knew that would be trouble for St. Johns. Then you look at Louisville...Had Preston Knowles not gone down with a little over 7 minutes left in the game against Morehead. St, then Louisville mostl likely survives and advances. Justice would not even had been on the floor to miss the one and one had Knowles been in the game. Then you have Georgetown and the Wright injury. I know he played, but Georgetown was rolling before Wright got hurt. After that injury, Georgetown looked like Villanova as the year wound down.

Lastly, you have West Virginia. They just don't have the firepower that they had on last year's team. This team made the tournament based on the coaching of Huggins. They had one great shooter in Mitchell, and a bunch of players who played really hard. A player that exemplifies that would be the 5th year senior in Joe Mazzulla. I'm actually happy with the Big East and their resutls. Only Georgetown embarrassed themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:46 pm

I called every game right yesterday. Puts me in good stead so far at work.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:42 pm

Pitt lost!!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:34 pm

exact33 wrote:
Pitt lost!!!

No surprise there. They always lose to lower seeds. Knuckleheads around here always pick them to reach the Final Four.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 12:34 pm

I'm watching the Washington/North Carolina game and CBS just went to commercial playing "I'm Bad" by The Last Vegas! About time this tourney got some decent music.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:17 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm watching the Washington/North Carolina game and CBS just went to commercial playing "I'm Bad" by The Last Vegas! About time this tourney got some decent music.

imagine what we could do if they hired us!!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 4:42 pm

VCU vs Butler in the Final Four.

Right. We all saw that coming.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 7:42 pm

I am going to finish last!!!

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:39 pm

tohostudios wrote:
VCU vs Butler in the Final Four.

Right. We all saw that coming.

Should have been ODU vs VCU.......
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:02 pm

I bet no one picked this final four - crazy stuff.

Looking forward to Saturday: VCU vs. Butler
UCONN vs. Kentucky

Finals guess: Butler vs. UConn
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:54 am

No 1 or 2 seeds in the final four. That's just crazy.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:10 am

yep. So much for this years tournament guesses!!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:32 am

Out of 5.9 million brackets filled out at ESPN, two got the final four correct.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:13 am

How in the world could anyone pick that Final Four correctly ? Pure luck ? Dartboard ?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:18 am

Yeah, my guess is the 2 correct brackets were from people who don't follow college basketball.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
No 1 or 2 seeds in the final four. That's just crazy.

No, It's Madness......... March Madness! Bwhahahaha! NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 82702
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:49 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah, my guess is the 2 correct brackets were from people who don't follow college basketball.

my 6 year old picked the brackets better than I did this year. She had VCU into the sweet 16???

I am taking her to buy me some powerball tickets tonight...

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:17 pm

FINAL FOUR TIME!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:20 pm

VCU is playing their typical game so far. Draining threes.

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:05 pm

28 VCU
34 Butler

What a first half!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NCAA Yahoo Tournament
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2