Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NCAA Yahoo Tournament

Go down 
+3
thejokeriv
tohostudios
exact33
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

NCAA Yahoo Tournament Empty
PostSubject: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:05 pm

I am doing another Yahoo Tournament this year and if anyone wants to join - just pm and Ill send you an invite!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:23 am

Count me in.

This year is gonna be even harder than usual because there just aren't any dominant teams.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:13 am

tohostudios wrote:
Count me in.

This year is gonna be even harder than usual because there just aren't any dominant teams.

and last year was so unpredictable. I wonder how many people will try to go for that unknown cinderella team...

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:30 am

Just signed up - thx for the invite!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:31 am

I'll have to sign up from home; stupid filter blocks it at work as "games".

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'll have to sign up from home; stupid filter blocks it at work as "games".

mine at work does too.

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:18 pm

just a reminder that this Sunday is Selection Sunday. If you want to be a part of the tournament I am running - shoot me a pm! The more the merrier!!

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:19 pm

So, I've been doing this for as long as I can remember (even before anyone even heard of a Joe Lunardi)

#1. Ohio. St #2 Notre Dame #3 UCONN #4 Syracuse
#1. Kansas #2 Texas #3 Louisville #4 Wisconsin
#1. PITT #2 North Carolina #3 Purdue #4 Arizona
#1. Duke #2 San Diego. St #3 Florida #4 Kentucky

#5 BYU #6 West Virginia #7 Kansas. St #8 Michigan
#5 Vanderbilt #6 Temple #7 Florida. St #8 Old Dominion
#5 St. Johns #6 Texas A&M #7 Georgetown #8 UCLA
#5 Xavier #6 Washington #7 Richmond #8 Gonzaga

#9 UNLV
#9 George Mason
#9 Cincinnati
#9 Tennessee

#10 Marquette
#10 Illinois
#10 Missouri
#10 Colorado

#11 Virginia Tech
#11 Memphis
#11 Butler
#11 Utah. St

#12 Villanova
#12 Penn. St
#12 Michigan. St
#12 Alabama
#12 Clemson
#12 St. Mary's

#13 Princeton
#13 Morehead. St
#13 Belmont
#13 Oakland

#14 Akron
#14 Bucknell
#14 LIU
#14 Indiana. St

#15 UCSB
#15 Wofford
#15 Boston U
#15 No. Colorado

#16 UNC Asheville
#!6 St. Peters
#16 Ark Little Rock
#16 U Texas San Antonio
#16 Alabama. St
#16 Hampton

these are my seeding and the teams I believe will be in the field!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:23 pm

I think Belmont is going to be my upset team this year.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Virginia Tech would be my upset team. They have been hot and cold but when on, they are deadly...

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 12:29 pm

Belmont has looked good so they could do it. I hope the Pac 10 doesn't embarrass itself.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 1:43 pm

exact33 wrote:
Virginia Tech would be my upset team. They have been hot and cold but when on, they are deadly...

Have fun watching the NIT.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:08 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Have fun watching the NIT.

i know! They got robbed!!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:58 pm

First upset of the tourney.

Morehead St. - 62
Louisville - 61

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:15 pm

yep! so far I am 6 of 8 correct. So is DBF btw...

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Ugh... NOT HAPPY about the ODU loss at the buzzer......... Glad I wasn't able to go to the game, I would have been pissed....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:39 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Ugh... NOT HAPPY about the ODU loss at the buzzer......... Glad I wasn't able to go to the game, I would have been pissed....

There were a lot of close games today...

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:50 am

I finished the first day 12-4 in this pool. 13-3 in my "money" pool.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 12:39 pm

St. Johns going down hurts...

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:28 pm

Yeah, and I almost flipped my pick on that one.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:17 am

I think Georgetown ought to just skip the tournament.

Perhaps the Big Least isnt such a great basketball conference after all..

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:41 am

I really wanted to pick against Georgetown because I hate them. Now I have more reason to hate them. angry

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:42 am

tohostudios wrote:
I really wanted to pick against Georgetown because I hate them. Now I have more reason to hate them. angry

me too! How would anyone think VCU moves on against them? Especially when Georgetowns point guard is back??

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:37 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

me too! How would anyone think VCU moves on against them? Especially when Georgetowns point guard is back??

I didn't have a great opening first round, regarding my picks, but I did pick VCU. Wright was out with a broken hand for over a good month, so I didn't think he would be at full strength or have his basketball legs for this game. I've decided also that John Thompson III just isn't a good tournament coach. Look no further than last year's debacle against Ohio University.

In regards to V.C.U., I absolutely love the Colonial Conference. Even though I'm from Indy and like Butler, I was disappointed to see Old Dominion lose to them. They are a fun team to watch as they are helacious on the boards. I was shocked to see ODU lose the battle of the boards to Butler, but that's how tournament tough this team is. What else can you say about George Mason? To me, they aren't even a Cinderella team anymore, as they aren't going to sneak up on anyone. Then I think about Richmond. No, they aren't a part of the Colonial (Anymore), but they used to be a part of this conference before jettisoning to the Atlantic-10. They were also a pick of mine against Vanderbilt, who never wins in the tournament!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:34 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I didn't have a great opening first round, regarding my picks, but I did pick VCU. Wright was out with a broken hand for over a good month, so I didn't think he would be at full strength or have his basketball legs for this game. I've decided also that John Thompson III just isn't a good tournament coach. Look no further than last year's debacle against Ohio University.

I think you might be on to something. No more picking Georgetown for me. I think the Big East was also way overrated. 11 teams in the tournament and only 6 are alive.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   NCAA Yahoo Tournament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NCAA Yahoo Tournament
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next