Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...

Go down 
+15
krokus
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
manny
DallasBlack
kmorg
nevermore
DeathCult
martinsane
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Vexer6
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
arttieTHE1manparty
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 4:31 am

What is your address and the work hours of everyone in your household?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:37 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
There are a couple of comps that kind of had bad timing regarding the titles and the nightclub fire....

Arttie

Even worse timing was Dream Theater's cover for Scenes from New York which had an image of the NY skyline, including the Twin Towers, in flames.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:30 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
There are a couple of comps that kind of had bad timing regarding the titles and the nightclub fire....

Arttie

Even worse timing was Dream Theater's cover for Scenes from New York which had an image of the NY skyline, including the Twin Towers, in flames.

Yep. I own that one from DT...still sealed, too.

Already got three new pieces of Great White stuff this week...need to find the camera to stay updated!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:32 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Arttie

There was some gangsta-rap band who had just released a CD a few weeks before 9/11 that showed the twin towers exploding on the cover, with the band members in the forefront holding a detonator. Needless to say, that got recalled pretty quickly too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Great collection, greattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 1:02 pm

Added a few shirts and the latest musical additions, but my camera is taking TERRIBLE pix right now, so I apologize in advance.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 3:46 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Arttie

I found the Dream Theater disc used for $5.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:32 pm

How rare is the House Of Burning Love compilation? I saw it the other day, but noticed it said it was recorded live to 2-track tape or something, I assumed it was just a cool-looking bootleg.

What's the deal with this one?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:33 am

Eyesore wrote:
How rare is the House Of Burning Love compilation? I saw it the other day, but noticed it said it was recorded live to 2-track tape or something, I assumed it was just a cool-looking bootleg.

I'd have to double-check, but the version I have is a cd-sized hardcover bound book with glossy photos and stuff and the cd in a folder on the back insert. The track list is the same as GW's Recovered album if I recall. A bunch of cover tunes they've done over the years. There might be a coupla live tracks tacked on too, I don't remember.

I picked mine up when Tower was going out of business. It was a pricey Italian import that I got for like $3 bucks I think.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:43 am

Yeah, that seems like the one I saw. It was $9.99, though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, that seems like the one I saw. It was $9.99, though.

I don't think any of the material is exclusive to that album. It's all stuff that's been released before. You're paying for the fancy packaging if anything. For collectors mostly.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 10:38 am

Bump for Great White enthusiasts!

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 8:46 pm

There is a place I have been hitting up in Worcester Mass. on a once a month basis that has a few pretty rare GW singles. I always look at them and put them back cuz it's usually just an album version of a song I already have in my collection. Plus, they want something silly like ten or twelve bucks each and for that I could buy a boot or a full length album.

Just checked my windows media player and Great White is 17 albums (studio and live, 18 if we count Jacks solo album) with 189 songs in total. I didn't think I had that many; I figured more like a dozen.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 11:19 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I'd have to double-check, but the version I have is a cd-sized hardcover bound book with glossy photos and stuff and the cd in a folder on the back insert. The track list is the same as GW's Recovered album if I recall. A bunch of cover tunes they've done over the years. There might be a coupla live tracks tacked on too, I don't remember.

I picked mine up when Tower was going out of business. It was a pricey Italian import that I got for like $3 bucks I think.

My copy is NOT called House of Burning Love. It's called Love Removal Machine on both the front cover and the printing on the cd itself. However, my computer recognizes it as House of Burning Love. Weird. Here's the track listing...

1. Love Removal Machine (The Cult)
2. Again and Again (cover, but not sure of original)
3. Ready For Love (Bad Company)
4. B*tches and Other Women (Rolling Stones and others)
5. Tangled Up and Blue (Bob Dylan?)
6. Burning House of Love (X)
7. Ain't No Way To Treat A Lady (Helen Reddy?)
8. Sin City (AC/DC)
9. No Matter What (Badfinger)
10. Fire and Water (Bad Company)
11. Down to the Doctor (Dr. Feelgood)
12. Lady Love (Robin Trower)
13. Train to Nowhere (Savoy Brown)
14. The Hunter (Albert King)
15. Once Bitten, Twice Shy [live]

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 1:51 pm

Great White seems like such a random band to be so hardcore about. Always cool to see any massive band collection though.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 8:50 pm

I'm not sure, but I think they have done more covers than original songs Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 5:23 pm

the sentinel wrote:
There is a place I have been hitting up in Worcester Mass. on a once a month basis that has a few pretty rare GW singles. I always look at them and put them back cuz it's usually just an album version of a song I already have in my collection. Plus, they want something silly like ten or twelve bucks each and for that I could buy a boot or a full length album.

Just checked my windows media player and Great White is 17 albums (studio and live, 18 if we count Jacks solo album) with 189 songs in total. I didn't think I had that many; I figured more like a dozen.

What is this place of which you speak?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 9:27 pm

Jelly's Discs on Park Ave in Worcester. It's next to a pretty rad comic book place called That's Entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 9:51 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Jelly's Discs on Park Ave in Worcester. It's next to a pretty rad comic book place called That's Entertainment.

I need to check it out. Thanks. Not many left these days. =(
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:55 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Great White seems like such a random band to be so hardcore about. Always cool to see any massive band collection though.

I kinda thought that too at one point, but as you can see there is plenty to collect and obsess over. I guess if you really looked hard enough, you could find tons of stuff to obsess over for any major rock act.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

I need to check it out. Thanks. Not many left these days. =(

Any time. Just call ahead and make sure they are open cuz they keep some odd hours.
Back to top Go down
Dentists
Metal novice
Metal novice
Dentists

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 8:00 pm

Bro! Would you upload the interview CD?! To YouTube or something else?!

My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Int10
Back to top Go down
Dentists
Metal novice
Metal novice
Dentists

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2024 7:29 am

"Old" Rose Motel - now & thenMy Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Img_0020
My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Img_0021
My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Img_9915
Back to top Go down
Dentists
Metal novice
Metal novice
Dentists

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2024 7:31 am

1345 CA-1, Harbor City, CA 90710

My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Img_0022
My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Img_0023
Back to top Go down
Dentists
Metal novice
Metal novice
Dentists

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2024 7:32 am

Alice In Chains opening for Great White (and actually getting signed at this gig)
My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Img_0025
My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Img_0024
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...   My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Great White Collection....most of it, anyway,....updated 3/9/11...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next