Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

Go down 
+56
glassprison
Highway Star
Noetic Effect
Wurthless
muckie
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
Icy Grave
DakotaRogers
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
corplhicks
Vexer6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
chewie
sheets
James B.
brokentulsa
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
TheDoctor'sScarf
DioRainbowManowar
The_Jayroh
mlotek
Lari
Alex Von Smythe
GrandNational
Hadley
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Nico
DeathCult
Leatherface
stepcousin
tohostudios
adrian
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
QuothTheRaven
manny
bassman
rawr!
Joe
jstate
Sutekh
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:58 pm

On an episode of South Park, Dio was shown performing Holy Diver live. However, apart from Ronnie James Dio, the rest of the band was just generic looking guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:01 pm

Joe wrote:
So, just before the 2nd half kickoff of the Superbowl, the stadium was bumping Metallica. Anybody else catch that? I had already knocked back way too many brews so I can't remember the song. My wife did say she heard me mumble something like "Ride the Lightning."
It was For Whom the Bell Tolls I believe
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:22 pm

Value City Furniture has been running commercials with Queen's 'I Want It All' in the spot. I didn't think they were that big, so I wonder if they are using that legally. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:44 pm

We have the same commercials down here, but under the American Signature Furniture Moniker. Gawd I hate those commercials.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:23 pm

The first example I thought of was Shok Paris' "On Your Feet" being used in the opening chase scene as the alien-possessed guy is smashing into stuff and running over people with his car. Turns out the alien likes metal.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The first example I thought of was Shok Paris' "On Your Feet" being used in the opening chase scene as the alien-possessed guy is smashing into stuff and running over people with his car. Turns out the alien likes metal.

That's from the movie The Hidden.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:25 pm

Yeah, left that part out. Oops.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 3:11 am

I remember back in 1990 watching "Pacific Heights" and Hallow's Eve's "Lethal Tendencies" came on. Blew me away. I also remember hearing Slayer and Fates Warning in the movie "River's Edge" back in '86 if memory serves.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 6:33 am

Turns out there's a video featuring scenes from The Hidden:

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:16 am

Rigor Mortis' "Foaming at the Mouth" is played in the Hulk Hogan movie Mr Nanny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:01 am

SpectreFate wrote:
We have the same commercials down here, but under the American Signature Furniture Moniker. Gawd I hate those commercials.

I just saw the American Signature version on TV this morning. Maybe they own Value City? Their commercials are basically the same. Just different merchandise. Same format and music.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:17 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

I just saw the American Signature version on TV this morning. Maybe they own Value City? Their commercials are basically the same. Just different merchandise. Same format and music.

I see the Value City one here as well.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Slaughterhouse by Powermad is used in the Wild At Heart movie.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:23 pm

Slayer's "Angel of Death" is used in Gremlins 2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:11 am

Over the weekend I got caught up on a few episodes of SyFy's "Being Human," in which one of the characters is a ghost girl who recently passed and hasn't quite gotten the hang of her new "status" yet. Her friends (a werewolf and a vampire) hooked her up with a ghost who's been around a while to show her the ropes. He "died" in 1987 so he was a total mullet, high top sneakers, denim & t-shirt lookin' dude. When he first appeared the ghost chick said to him "Shouldn't you be haunting a Kix concert?" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:23 pm

That sounds hilarious Freddy, I have to keep an eye out for that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:35 pm

Not quite relevant, but I just remembered the other day in an episode of X-Files you can clearly see a Killer Dwarfs poster in a kid's room headbanger
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Slayer's "Angel of Death" is used in Gremlins 2.

It was also used in Jackass: The Movie.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Turns out there's a video featuring scenes from The Hidden:

I love that movie!!!

Some stuff that hasn't been mentioned yet, although I knew about some of this stuff before I actually saw some of these movies:

Clerks II: King Diamond's "Welcome Home" was on the soundtrack. I saw this movie in theaters, so I really wasn't expecting it at all.

Demons: Accept's "Fast as a Shark" and Saxon's "Everybody Up" are played towards the end of the movie.

Married...With Children: Anthrax appeared on an episode and performed the first minute and a half or so of "In My World". It's one of my favorite shows and Anthrax is one of my favorite bands. Al Bundy rules!!

Old School: Metallica's "Master of Puppets" is played.

Return of the Living Dead Part II: Anthrax's "A.D.I./Horror of It All" is played.

Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers: Anvil's "Straight Between the Eyes" is played during the opening credits and Obsession's "Desperate to Survive" is played during the ending credits.

Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland: Anvil's "Wild Eyes" and Obsession's "Killer Elite" and "Methods of Madness" are all in the movie.

Now if we were to include seeing logos written somewhere or apparel or memorabilia used in the films I could list tons of other movies...but does that count?
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:51 pm

Nico wrote:

Old School: Metallica's "Master of Puppets" is played.
I forgot all about that one!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Has anyone mentioned that Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" plays over the opening credits of "Zombieland?" If not, now I mentioned it. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Has anyone mentioned that Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" plays over the opening credits of "Zombieland?" If not, now I mentioned it. Laughing

That opening credit sequence is brilliant. Actually, the entire movie was pretty brilliant.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 4:41 am

The soundtrack for Phenomena (aka Creepers) has tons of metal on it, and one of my favorite scenes from the movie is when a girl is running from the killer, and Iron Maiden's "Flash of the Blade" is playing.

Lemmy stars in the sci-fi/thriller, Hardware. He is playing a cab driver, and he is blasting Motörhead in his cab.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:02 am

kmorg wrote:

Lemmy stars in the sci-fi/thriller, Hardware. He is playing a cab driver, and he is blasting Motörhead in his cab.

GWAR also make a brief cameo in "Hardware" as a band playing a concert on TV.

Speaking of Lemmy, he also has a cameo in "Airheads" as part of the crowd outside the radio station ("I was editor of the school magazine!")

Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:29 am

Gwar also had an appearance in "Empire Records" which was pretty funny. I didn't know about Lemmy's appearance in "Hardware", I'm gonna go look that up on YouTube. I do remember his appearance in "Airheads", though. Also, Judas Priest's "Breaking the Law" and "Living After Midnight" and Metallica's "Master of Puppets" have all been on "The Simpsons". Each of those scenes involved Otto the bus driver of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
Page 2 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next