Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Logos

Go down 
+12
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Gilbert
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
GrandNational
thejokeriv
ultmetal
James B.
troublemagnet
16 posters
AuthorMessage
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Have you ever wondred why in the metal genre of music, bands generally use the same font and or logo consistantly?

Why are death metal logos generaly undecipherable?

Why are thrash metal logos generally sharp and angular?

How come for the most part, popular artists do not have consistant logos album to album?

Did Iron Maiden populerize the use of logos in metal? Even the glam bands got with the program.Is it strictly a marketing/branding reason or is there a deeper meaning unique to metal? Who designed Ultimatum's logo?

Post your all time favorite logo! Here's mine-hate the band but I got to admit it may be the best logo of them all:Metal Logos Metallica_logo
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:47 pm

The original and the best brandname of all.

Metal Logos Kiss_logo_light

My nostalgic favorites....

Metal Logos Led_Zeppelin_logo

Metal Logos Ufo_logo

Metal Logos AerosmithLogo

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:13 pm

Who designed the Ultimatum logo?

Robert Gutierrez (guitars) came up with the basic idea and I executed it. This actually happened before I was in the band.

Lots of 70's bands had fairly consistent logos. Molly Hatchet still uses the exact same logo they have had since their first album. Ted Nugent's logo hasn't really changed since the first album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:28 pm

I prefer the old style Iron Maiden logo:

Metal Logos Iron_m12

to the one on the newer albums (virtual xi on, except for Flight 666)

Metal Logos 214_ir10
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:34 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Metal Logos Iron_m12

Metal Logos 214_ir10

Only you would notice the difference in the I.M. logos Leo Very Happy I always taught it was the same, never took notice.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:38 pm

I've always like the Dehumanizer logo

Metal Logos Metallosaurus-albums-my-addiction-picture337-black-sabbath-dehumanizer
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:00 pm

my favorite logo of course Very Happy
Metal Logos Helloween%20Logo

This is also another one of my favorites but they don't use this one anymore
Metal Logos 609px-Sonata_Arctica_logo.svg

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:31 pm

GrandNational wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Metal Logos Iron_m12

Metal Logos 214_ir10

Only you would notice the difference in the I.M. logos Leo Very Happy I always taught it was the same, never took notice.

LOL!!! Funny thing is I didn't realize it until someone pointed it out to me.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:11 pm

Metal Logos Wakingthecadaver1x

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:52 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Metal Logos Iron_m12

Metal Logos 214_ir10

Ha Ha ! It took me a few minues of studying the two before I realized the difference !
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:58 pm

007 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Metal Logos Iron_m12

Metal Logos 214_ir10

Ha Ha ! It took me a few minues of studying the two before I realized the difference !

Some Maiden fans you guys are. You should be ashamed Joker! I noticed that when Virtual XI came out. Razz Same goes for the Anthrax logo too but now they are back to using the original I think since Joey is back.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:44 am

The METAL CHURCH Logo headbanger
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:52 am

Always liked this one

Metal Logos Nuclearlogo
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:26 am

I liked that Motley Crue changed up thier logo for every release. Aerosmith's winged logo is an old favorite of mine too. I incorporated wings into my tattoo design for that reason.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:34 am

As an "artsy" type guy in high school, my favorite logos were usually based on how enjoyable (or easy) it was to draw them on my school book covers. Laughing

I always liked Stryper's logo, mainly because it was very easy to draw. A girl paid me $25 once to paint that one on the back of her denim jacket with fabric paint after she saw one I'd drawn on the front of my 3 ring binder. Raven's logo was very simple and eye catching too.

Metallica's was always a pain in the a$$ because I could never get the angles quite right on the "tails" on the bottom of the "M" and "A" so they always looked cockeyed. Same with Helloween's, the bottom of the "H" and "N" flared out from the rest of it such that it looked goofy if you didn't get it just right.

Anthrax's logo was another deceptively simple one...it looked easy, but if you didn't get the point on top of the "N" to line up even with the top of the "A" you were screwed. angry

Deliverance's was a little tough to draw because the letters were supposed to look "worn," but then nobody in my circle of metal friends knew who the heck Deliverance was anyway, so it didn't matter if I screwed it up, nobody was around to tell me "you did that one wrong!" Laughing very hard

Iron Maiden's, of course, is iconic. It looked simple enough to draw but it was tough to master. I honestly didn't notice the change over the years either. Shows you how much I pay attention to such things nowadays. Laughing

It's probably a good thing that I wasn't into death/black metal. I wouldn't have been able to read most of the logos, much less draw'em. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:18 pm

mc666 wrote:

Wayne The Cadaver ?? surprised

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:21 pm

kmorg wrote:
mc666 wrote:

lol, you were close. It is Waking the Cadaver. I was able to figure it out. I had heard of them, but never heard them. I feel like I owe myself to check them out since I decyphered the logo! Razz
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:49 pm

Metal Logos Logo_dio
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:24 pm

Joe wrote:
kmorg wrote:
mc666 wrote:

lol, you were close. It is Waking the Cadaver. I was able to figure it out. I had heard of them, but never heard them. I feel like I owe myself to check them out since I decyphered the logo! Razz

How did you get that??
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Gilbert wrote:

How did you get that??

haha, actually, if you quote the logo, it tells you the address of the image. It has the name there! Smile

But, seriously, before I realized that I just sat there and looked real closely. I had a difficult time making out "Waking," but since I had heard of the band before, I was able to come to the conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metal Logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Logos   Metal Logos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Logos
Page 1 of 1