Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun

Go down 
+8
nevermore
bassman
manny
MetalGuy71
TheDoctor'sScarf
Stender
Fat Freddy
exact33
12 posters
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Empty
PostSubject: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:33 pm

11/27/2010 8:15:17 PM (128 views)

After billions of years the Sun finally has an owner -- a woman from Spain 's soggy region of Galicia said Friday she had registered the star at a local notary public as being her property.

Angeles Duran, 49, told the online edition of daily El Mundo she took the step in September after reading about an American man who had registered himself as the owner of the moon and most planets in our solar system.

There is an international agreement which states that no country may claim ownership of a planet or star, but it says nothing about individuals, she added.

"There was no snag, I backed my claim legally, I am not stupid, I know the law. I did it but anyone else could have done it, it simply occurred to me first."

The document issued by the notary public declares Duran to be the "owner of the Sun, a star of spectral type G2, located in the centre of the solar system, located at an average distance from Earth of about 149,600,000 kilometers."

Duran, who lives in the town of Salvaterra do Mino , said she now wants to slap a fee on everyone who uses the sun and give half of the proceeds to the Spanish government and 20 percent to the nation's pension fund.

She would dedicate another 10 percent to research, another 10 percent to ending world hunger -- and would keep the remaining 10 percent herself.

"It is time to start doing things the right way, if there is an idea for how to generate income and improve the economy and people's wellbeing, why not do it?" she asked.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:36 pm

Quote :
Duran, who lives in the town of Salvaterra do Mino , said she now wants to slap a fee on everyone who uses the sun and give half of the proceeds to the Spanish government and 20 percent to the nation's pension fund.

Uhhh, yeah. Good luck with that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Uhhh, yeah. Good luck with that.

imagine having to send out 6 Billion bills???

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:37 pm

How does the sun feel about all this?
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Quote :
"There was no snag, I backed my claim legally, I am not stupid, I know the law. I did it but anyone else could have done it, it simply occurred to me first."

You might want to rethink that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:46 pm

She's sadly mistaken. I have proof of ownership in my 3-lock box at home. Purchased it from the same fella that sold me the Brooklyn Bridge. He gave a special 2-for-1 deal.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Not surprising, if any of you gentlemen have ever dated a Spanish women you should know they already think they own everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Sweet. The sun was too hot last year and I got burned so i'm slapping a lawsuit on her for negligence.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:19 pm

I knew someone would eventually get around to taxing sunlight, I just thought it would be Al Gore. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 7:20 pm

manny wrote:
Not surprising, if any of you gentlemen have ever dated a Spanish women you should know they already think they own everything.

lol!
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:59 pm

Being a Hispanic guy, I can attest to what Manny said.

Spanish women are very beautiful, warm, compassionate, are great lovers, and can be possessive! Very Happy

Well, passion is a nicer word.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:36 am

I own Uranus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:48 am

What a silly woman.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:43 am

Can we sue her for skin cancer then? How about heat casualties and heat strokes that her 'property' is causing? Let's sue her entire bloodline based upon the fact that her 'property' will one day destroy the Earth... lol
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:19 am

GrimBeornTheOld wrote:
Being a Hispanic guy, I can attest to what Manny said.

Spanish women are very beautiful, warm, compassionate, are great lovers, and can be possessive! Very Happy

Well, passion is a nicer word.

lol!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:30 am

I own Universe!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:35 pm

MoonChild wrote:
I own Universe!

I own all realities!

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:02 pm

I'm currently leasing the abstract with the option to buy.

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun    Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1