Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?

Go down 
+16
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
Troublezone
Wargod
bassman
Hate Forest
MetalRob331
shamgar75
Addy
stepcousin
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
exact33
manny
Stender
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
He didn't necessarily "evolve" as much as go where there is a market for him to stay in the game and make money.

Maybe.

But is every recording artist enough of a chameleon to pull it off? I don't think so.

Well, he is a chameleon looks wise... he went from Vanilla Ice with a Kid 'n Play hairdo to Merle Haggard with a confederate flag belt buckle.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:26 am

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
He dabbled in rock just like RUN DMC and the Beastie Boys before him. But now it seems he has almost left behind the rap altogether.
Odd, sounds a lot like evolution.

This isn't a sudden, drastic change here. The kind of music he's playing now is a style in which he has slowly evolved into. Something that was always present in his music and slowly but surely moved its way to the forefront...you know, over nearly two decades, from a teenager to a 40-year-old man. Quite normal.

Now please just admit that you had no idea what you were talking about and we can get back to discussing the new album.

I don't care enough to keep discussing this... I made a comment about him based on the Kid Rock i know which is "devil without a cause" onward. That is the record that made him famous, before that he was basically unknown.

You are the one that derailed the thread though... you should of ignored my comment if you didn't like it. What do you care what i think anyway?

This is a discussion forum. People make comments, other people respond. Maybe it is you who shouldn't post if you don't like that. If you make an inaccurate comment—which yours was—then you have to expect someone is going to challenge it. It's very simple. It's not like I'm seething angry over here, hating you and whatnot. Just a simple discussion.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:39 am

Quote :
It's not like I'm seething angry over here, hating you and whatnot. Just a simple discussion.

Calling someone a retard sounds angry. But anyways...

You should know from the past that i don't mind a debate. You obviously are the bigger Kid Rock fan (and historian) by far! Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:39 am

Can ya feel the love. Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 3 11840

Not a fan of Kid Rock.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:51 am

ultmetal wrote:
Can ya feel the love. Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 3 11840

Not a fan of Kid Rock.

LOL!!! Nice posts!!!!

Didn't Mini-Me from Austin Powers used to sing with Kid Rock?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:57 am

I checked out the latest album, and while its not bad......it just sounds a little to samey to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:12 am

So it's the perfect country album.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:53 am

I don't think I'd call it country. It was more of a ballady southern rock album to me. (I know...big difference right? lol) It was ok, just didn't jump out at me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3