Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?

Go down 
+16
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
Troublezone
Wargod
bassman
Hate Forest
MetalRob331
shamgar75
Addy
stepcousin
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
exact33
manny
Stender
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:31 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Never liked him. He realized he couldn't hang in the rap world so he went country. He's from detroit but he thinks he's southern fried...
You're retarded.

Still.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Never liked him. He realized he couldn't hang in the rap world so he went country. He's from detroit but he thinks he's southern fried...
You're retarded.

Still.

Was i speaking to you? It's my opinion. You still get all butt hurt when someone has something to say about a band you like.

You're an emotional little girl.

Still.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:50 pm

Beware if you say something that eyesore doesn't like! He'll call you a retard... Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:55 pm

Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 1801063034_90bba62cc0

Sweet Home Alabama, Yo!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:59 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
You're retarded.

Still.

Was i speaking to you? It's my opinion. You still get all butt hurt when someone has something to say about a band you like.

You're an emotional little girl.

Still.
Your opinion is baseless. It has nothing to do with whether or not I like the band/musician. You can have your opinions, but maybe you should try to base those opinions on something other than complete ignorance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:03 pm

This is how I remember the HOM in the old days.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:10 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:30 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
You asked for it. lol!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:14 pm

Not really, and I can't stand a note of his earlier material. However, I think he really found his niche with this southern rock angle, it sounds pretty good, just not my thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Meh, he sold out after GRITS SANDWICHES FOR BREAKFAST. Dat was backinaday when he was tr00, yo!

lol!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 1801063034_90bba62cc0

Sweet Home Alabama, Yo!

He's "cool as ice". Laughing very hard

Seriously can't you just picture him saying "yo baby drop tha zerO and get wit da herO"? Laughing
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Meh, he sold out after GRITS SANDWICHES FOR BREAKFAST. Dat was backinaday when he was tr00, yo!

lol!

My ears just bled a little, you dick.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Quote :
Your opinion is baseless.

How is it?

Break it down 4 me Yo.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

How is it?

Break it down 4 me Yo.

Because what you said isn't really based on musical merit by a long shot. He was very popular when he rapped lest we forget, he just evolved as an artist and branched off into something different.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:45 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

How is it?

Break it down 4 me Yo.
I'm not breaking anything down for you. Why don't you explain how you know "he realized he couldn't hang in the rap world so he went country." I mean, considering A) he's not country and B) he was more popular doing the rap thing.

But what do I know? Besides, you know, the facts.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:50 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

How is it?

Break it down 4 me Yo.

Because what you said isn't really based on musical merit by a long shot. He was very popular when he rapped lest we forget, he just evolved as an artist and branched off into something different.

Yeah, like Tommy Lee evolved with Methods of Meyhem. He said metal is played out, so maybe Kid thinks rap is...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

How is it?

Break it down 4 me Yo.
I'm not breaking anything down for you. Why don't you explain how you know "he realized he couldn't hang in the rap world so he went country." I mean, considering A) he's not country and B) he was more popular doing the rap thing.

But what do I know? Besides, you know, the facts.

His popularity in the late 90's early 00's is a long time ago. He had to reinvent himself to stay in the game. There is a lot of competition in the MTV rap world. His style may be considered dated with todays standards...

A) he's not country but he has a redneck southern image.
B) he is smart enough to know that there is a market for the midwest trailer park culture. Do you know how many records that country musicians sell? Remember Garth Brooks? It's just as much if not more than a rap artist.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:08 pm

Troublezone wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

How is it?

Break it down 4 me Yo.

Yeah, like Tommy Lee evolved with Methods of Meyhem. He said metal is played out, so maybe Kid thinks rap is...
More nonsense.

That's from his second album, came out in 1993. Now tell me, you notice any similarities to what he's doing now, SEVENTEEN years later?

Nah, that's not evolving. He sold out, huh? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:08 pm

He didn't necessarily "evolve" as much as go where there is a market for him to stay in the game and make money.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:15 pm

He dabbled in rock just like RUN DMC and the Beastie Boys before him. But now it seems he has almost left behind the rap altogether.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Troublezone wrote:
He didn't necessarily "evolve" as much as go where there is a market for him to stay in the game and make money.

Maybe.

But is every recording artist enough of a chameleon to pull it off? I don't think so.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Troublezone wrote:
He dabbled in rock just like RUN DMC and the Beastie Boys before him. But now it seems he has almost left behind the rap altogether.
Odd, sounds a lot like evolution.

This isn't a sudden, drastic change here. The kind of music he's playing now is a style in which he has slowly evolved into. Something that was always present in his music and slowly but surely moved its way to the forefront...you know, over nearly two decades, from a teenager to a 40-year-old man. Quite normal.

Now please just admit that you had no idea what you were talking about and we can get back to discussing the new album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 7:46 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!

My ears just bled a little, you dick.

Then my work here is done! very happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:42 pm

I personally think country music is so bad right now, I don't blame anybody that
trys to put an ounce of creativity in it. Have you guys heard some of these new
singers? These guys with the low voices and accents sound so generic, they are
like "Great Value" at Walmart! Guys like Aldean "She's Country" and Trace Adkins
"Hot Mama" make you want to puke! Hot Mama? are you kidding me? With that
voice, he shouldn't even be aloud to say those words! Disgusting.

I've never really been into Kid Rock, but if he could take some of the fans away
from guys like Aldean, and Adkins etc. then please GO FOR IT!!!!!

Believe it or not, I heard a so called country song the other day from some
dude who you can actually tell he is imitating Bret Michaels! If I find it I will share.

Oh and if you're wondering how I heard all these songs, it's because they play
this junk at my workplace, thank god the mp3 player stopped working.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Odd, sounds a lot like evolution.

This isn't a sudden, drastic change here. The kind of music he's playing now is a style in which he has slowly evolved into. Something that was always present in his music and slowly but surely moved its way to the forefront...you know, over nearly two decades, from a teenager to a 40-year-old man. Quite normal.

Now please just admit that you had no idea what you were talking about and we can get back to discussing the new album.

I don't care enough to keep discussing this... I made a comment about him based on the Kid Rock i know which is "devil without a cause" onward. That is the record that made him famous, before that he was basically unknown.

You are the one that derailed the thread though... you should of ignored my comment if you didn't like it. What do you care what i think anyway?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: