Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack Russel...Not Doing Well

Go down 
+13
arttieTHE1manparty
WhenTheWildWindBlows
DallasBlack
Wargod
manny
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Eyesore
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Empty
PostSubject: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:25 pm

I had no idea things were this bad.

Quote :
Metal-Rules.com: Well, about Jack's state of health, there are some rumors with people saying that he might be out for one year or two years or even forever. How do you see the situation with him at the moment?

Kendall: Well, you know, I think it's up to him. There has been a lot of self-abuse over the years. His addictions are no secret, along with mine. I've been an alcoholic my whole life, but I was able to go through enough pain before I did too much damage to myself and then got away from it. I had 11 years of sobriety and I had one slip and it was only like two days, then I was right back in the program. I just lost my head and threw an excuse in the air to drink and immediately realized that no, this ain't working. Gotta get back in the program. Some people, some of the addicts I've met, they don't have a bottom. Death is their bottom sometimes. I've done everything I can to help Jack but I'm just praying that this is enough for him.

Metal-Rules.com: So you're saying this is like the last chance for him …

Kendall: You see, he's taken a drug over the years called…. it's a steroid, it's a…what do you call it…it's for the voice... prednisone. It's OK to take a little bit of it, maybe on the fourth show where maybe your voice is rough so you just take a small amount. But he's been abusive with it over the years and it does a lot of damage. I kind of [did] a quick study on it. I went on the Internet asking about side effects and almost everything that is wrong with him stems from this drug. It's all the side effects like weak bones — I mean, if the guy falls down, he gets like 13 breaks in the leg. His bones are brittle… and now it's starting to attack his organs. Then he takes other medication for pain, so that becomes a rut, because he's an addict. He takes pills that would make you and I fall down, but when he falls down, because of his brittle bones… you know what I mean. So now he's got this damage, this stuff attacks your pancreas, your intestines, all kinds of stuff… and now that's starting to happen. So we're just hoping that this is his bottom, and that he does get well. He's admitted that this is the reason, that's a good start. So we're finishing out our obligations for these shows and then we'll see where we are at next year and how he's doing and if it looks like he's coming back. He seems to be optimistic and he wants to get better so time will only tell if he's going to get sober, get well, get skinny, and go out and be the rock god that he is or is he gonna become this other guy that just lays there ill. I don't understand. Like I said, addicts are different. Some need to die before they get it. Some get it sooner. Hopefully this is enough for him to wake up and change his life because that's what we're hoping for.
Full interview here: http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/content/view/2062/86

Bummer.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39563

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:23 am

Man, that is too bad.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:15 am

That sucks! Drug and alcohol addiction sucks! I have friends that suffer from it and I know it's a daily battle for them.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:22 am

That's a shame that Mark has to call him out in public like that too, but maybe that's what Jack needs. A little "tough love".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:01 am

Always awful to read about something like this.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:29 am

Ouch.

On a side note, who'da thunk that Jani Lane would step up to the plate like this? I'd almost expect their situations to be reversed.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:36 am

Quote :
On a side note, who'da thunk that Jani Lane would step up to the plate like this? I'd almost expect their situations to be reversed.

Yea, I thought that was rather surprising as well, given Jani's troubled past. Replacing one mess with another. But sounds like it's working out.

The rest of that interview is pretty good if you haven't read the whole thing. Mark's pretty open and honest it seems.

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:42 am

How long can Jani last? I wouldn't count on him for very long and I hope Jack can get through this.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Even if he can't sing another note ever, I hope Jack gets his health in order.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:18 pm

I would think Jani can handle something like this just fine. He's helping out someone else and it's not "his show", so there's no real pressure on him...it's like singing for his supper in a cover band.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:47 pm

I wonder if Jack's problems got worse after the nightclub tragedy? Feelings of guilt and whatnot.

Quote :
I would think Jani can handle something like this just fine. He's helping out someone else and it's not "his show", so there's no real pressure on him...it's like singing for his supper in a cover band.

As long as Jani's "supper" isn't a pile of blow and a bottle of Jack. While the pressure might be off of him for the gig, he could easily start having too much fun.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:56 pm

I am not much of a fan of Great White and even less of a fan of Warrant, but I do hope he gets better.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:22 pm

Hey I've been where 1000's have been the one thing I did is got sober and have been for 20 years now. It is hard for alot of people and some never get sober and some die. My dad died and alcoholic and he was a mean one thus we never got along and he has been dead for over 25 years now.

So I know what he is going thru it is hard to get clean and stay clean.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Sad to hear but at least he has some people helping him out.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
WhenTheWildWindBlows
Metal novice
Metal novice
WhenTheWildWindBlows

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Sad but he's been abusing his body for so long its gonna shut down very soon.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:20 pm

There's more to this story, but yeah, its a sad one. Praying for Jack....

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Even if he can't continue with the band, i hope he can get healthy and stick around a while longer.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:55 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:

Arttie

What more is there to tell? A rock star who has abused drugs and alcohol for many years because he could is now suffering the consequences of his actions. Am I leaving something out?

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Arttie

What more is there to tell? A rock star who has abused drugs and alcohol for many years because he could is now suffering the consequences of his actions. Am I leaving something out?

Yeah, there is more. Not all of his problems are drug/alcohol related.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Arttie

Yeah, there is more. Not all of his problems are drug/alcohol related.

Arttie
Rolling Eyes

Why even say something like this without going into further detail?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Yea, Lucy. Don't hold the football like that then pull it away when we come to kick it. If you know something more, spill it. Otherwise, keep you cryptic messages to yourself.

Or at the very least, make up something. That's why the internet was created.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Makes you feel so spesial though. To know something that everyone wants to know, but you wont tell what it is, but can`t resist to tell that you know.....something.
Ok i agree, seems rather pointless Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 6:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yea, Lucy. Don't hold the football like that then pull it away when we come to kick it.
Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:04 pm

It sucks but you can't live the way Jack Russel has been living and not have it somewhere down the line affect your health, unless you are Keith Richards that is.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:30 pm

That's why I didn't win that audition in 85'. surprised

I had quit partying... at least that was my closest shot to being on a major label. Oh well.

Get better bud, no matter what the cause. Like why should that even matter?

PostSubject: Re: Jack Russel...Not Doing Well   Jack Russel...Not Doing Well Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jack Russel...Not Doing Well
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next