Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?

Go down 
+10
TheDoctor'sScarf
ryanmetalman
exact33
bassman
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Troublezone
Stender
A Handful of Wayne
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 12:26 am

My gf and I went to our friends house lastnight and they were watching this show. The episode that was on was called Apocalypse 2012. I was really getting into watching it but my gf's friend was kind of getting depressed watching it hearing that these people thing the world is coming to an end in 2012. I thought it was kind of interesting to find out whats going on in order to protect people if this does happen. Supposedly the government knows all about these events that they believe are true and will happen so they are building these underground citys for "the chosen few" to live. A lot of these places no one knows about but they are almost hidden in plain site. Its kind of freaky.

I don't know whether I believe all this or not but after watching this I'm thinking yea its possible. Either way I'm hooked on this episode I'll have to try and catch more of this show since it seems interesting. Anyone else watch it?

Heres part 1 of this episode there are 6 other parts all on youtube.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:26 am

Personally I think jesse ventura is just a smart oportunist and knows that conspiracies are kinda "in" right now, but yeah EVERYTHING is possible.

A big misconception about mayans and their calender from what I've read is that mayans just believe that the 3600 year period or whatever that were in now is just an ending of an age on their scale and will be replaced by another age...otherwords, its just like our seasons...from fall to winter or whatever. Not really anything suggesting the world is going to get majorly f*cked up in 2012.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:10 am

A lot of people are making a ton of money selling fear. Remember Y2K?

As far as the "chosen few" that think they're gonna be saved in their underground bunkers, This comes to mind...

(Luke 17:33) ESV
Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will keep it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:52 am

Seen it a couple times - pretty cool show! I'm not a conspiracy nut, but I think there is some truth to them, to a small extent and obviously it's sensationalized for the TV viewing audience.

Plus, you can;t trust the government - ever
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:40 pm

I dont understand people putting so much into the Mayan calender.They're a civilization that doesnt exist anymore.Of course the world ended for them. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:42 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I dont understand people putting so much into the Mayan calender.They're a civilization that doesnt exist anymore.Of course the world ended for them. Rolling Eyes

And they couldn't even predict their own demise.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:44 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

And they couldn't even predict their own demise.

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Quote :
Plus, you can;t trust the government - ever

Very true.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:04 am

I haven't watched the show, but I've heard Jesse interviewed a few times. Seems like an interesting fella.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Yea he is pretty cool. I remember watching him with wrestling. He was a pretty cool commentator back in the 80's. Never saw him wrestle though. This show is pretty good I just have to remember to watch it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:35 pm

I think Jesse took a few too many chairs to the head back in the day. He just gets nuttier every time I see him interviewed. Whether he actually believes any of this conspiracy stuff or not, who knows?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:03 am

So,according to the latest news on the Mayan prediction,it could be off by as many as 50 to 100 years.Anyone else see this news today?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:39 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
So,according to the latest news on the Mayan prediction,it could be off by as many as 50 to 100 years.Anyone else see this news today?

Nope, but i'm not surprised...

It's a good way for them to backpedal if nothing happens.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 12:39 pm

bassman wrote:
I think Jesse took a few too many chairs to the head back in the day. He just gets nuttier every time I see him interviewed. Whether he actually believes any of this conspiracy stuff or not, who knows?

I think it keeps him in the spotlight and in the $$$$...

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:42 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

It's a good way for them to backpedal if when nothing happens. "Oh, did we say 2012? We meant 2112. See, it's all connected to the Rush album..."

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 5:52 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

It's a good way for them to backpedal if when nothing happens. "Oh, did we say 2012? We meant 2112. See, it's all connected to the Rush album..."

lol!
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:22 am

Does their calendar predict some event in 2012, or does it just end in 2012 and people read into it?

I mean seriously, you can't make an infinite calendar. They had to stop writing something some time.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 12:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

man... i was all keyed up to not have to pay my mortgage anymore lol!

TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:29 pm

I saw this a few days ago at my Dad's (I haven't had cable in years), and it was pretty interesting; whether or not any of it is true or exaggerated/feigned, it's definitely interesting.
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:18 pm

bassman wrote:
Why is anyone that subscribes to a conspiritorial rather than an accidental/coincedental theory as to the flow of history is considered "Nuts"?

"The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD" Psalm 2:2

The 10 kings give their authority to the beast, and they (along with the beast) make war against the Lamb. Revelation 17:18

You're probably atheist and/or agnostic. Since you don't see things from a spiritual perspective you don't see the supernatural/occultic/spiritual side of the NWO.So, you same clowns dismiss any sort of conspiracy idea over and over again. It makes people like Fat Freddy and his ilk feel good about themselves and they can fall back asleep on their couches. Who wants do actual RESEARCH on this topic? Much easier to dismiss it out of hand.You're all intellectually lazy and cowards. That's right, I said it.You are too afraid of being "ostracized" and too scared to be labeled the crazy black sheep by family, friends and co-workers. You will go meekly to the FEMA camps. I will die and take some with me.

Last edited by troublemagnet on Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:19 pm

Troublemagnet wrote:
It makes people like Fat Freddy and his ilk feel good about themselves and they can fall back asleep on their couches

'Scuse me?
Kindly leave me and my "ilk" out of this. Thank you.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:25 pm

Then quit calling conspiracists like me nuts.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:29 pm

Kind of funny that you get all butt hurt about being called "nuts" when you seem to have no problem calling everyone on this forum "idiots" and "cowards" on a regular basis.

I haven't even posted anything in this particular thread so I don't appreciate you using me as an example. If you wanna ride my ass, at least buy me dinner first.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:37 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
bassman wrote:
Why is anyone that subscribes to a conspiritorial rather than an accidental/coincedental theory as to the flow of history is considered "Nuts"?

"The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD" Psalm 2:2

The 10 kings give their authority to the beast, and they (along with the beast) make war against the Lamb. Revelation 17:18

You're probably atheist and/or agnostic. Since you don't see things from a spiritual perspective you don't see the supernatural/occultic/spiritual side of the NWO.So, you same clowns dismiss any sort of conspiracy idea over and over again. It makes people like Fat Freddy and his ilk feel good about themselves and they can fall back asleep on their couches. Who wants do actual RESEARCH on this topic? Much easier to dismiss it out of hand.You're all intellectually lazy and cowards. That's right, I said it.You are too afraid of being "ostracized" and too scared to be labeled the crazy black sheep by family, friends and co-workers. You will go meekly to the FEMA camps. I will die and take some with me.

taking Scripture verses and forcing modern day meaning on them is poor exegetical work. Think about those verses in the context of the reader of the time and FEMA camps, an anti-Christ and such would have made no sense whatsoever. This popular pre-trib stuff makes good fiction and has given rise to all kinds of predictions/warnings, none of which have ever been shown true.

troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:51 pm

I contend that the conspiracy against God has been ongoing since the human race began through fraternal secret societies (the ones in Egypt being an early example), through the time of the templars, right to this present day. I quoted the Scriptures to support my contention that government conspiracies against Judeo Christian principals is not a new idea, in fact the war against the human race is ongoing and by no means do I predict the NWO will be achieved even in my lifetime. However, with the average persons morals corrupted with secular humanistic/hedonistic values and the surveliance society now in place, how long before the brutal dictatorship will be implemented?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?   Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone watch Jesse Venture Conspiracy Theory?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: