Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

St. Anger vs. Risk

Go down 
+27
INVADERS
Storm_Rider89
Smindas
Vexer6
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
shamgar75
Joe
nevermore
MetalH
XYZ
Stender
JBall_Z
adrian
chewie
Eyesore
akeldama
bassman
ryanmetalman
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
exact33
MEGATRON
Schbopo
Gilbert
mc666
Ben Grimm
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

St. Anger vs. Risk
Metallica - St. Anger
St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 13 ]
Megadeth - Risk
St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Vote_lcap70%St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 70% [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 44

AuthorMessage
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 12:02 am

MEGATRON wrote:
You're meant to vote for your least favourite album of the two. The question was: "so what turd of an album is worse?"
Then I messed up! I should've voted for St. Anger! I guess that serves me right for not reading the original post thoroughly.
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 12:59 am

I voted "St Anger" to be the worst. It has its moments but the production absolutely sucks and the songwriting feels half hearted to me. I can take it one song at a time. However, if I am expected to listen to more than one song from this album at any given time, I get bored.

I can actually deal with Risk though I get bored with it to. It is the one Megadeth record that I don't really care for, but it has good production and annoyingly catchy pop songs. I know Dave Mustaine will HATE me for saying this, but I actually like "Crush 'Em." That song go me into Megadeth. Imagine my delight when much of their stuff was way better!

When I put on Risk I tend to play Insomnia, Prince of Darkness, Crush 'Em, The Doctor is Calling and both tracks for Time. I pretty much skip the rest.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:53 am

Both albums are terrible, but if I choose to listen to one of them, I'd go with Risk. Going back and listening to it, there are a coupla songs I can tolerate.

St. Anger hurts my ears. Oy, that drumming!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:02 am

I'm surprised that Megadeth has pulled ahead in this poll by such a large margin. Risk is not a good album, but St. Anger is just listenable IMO.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:15 am

I found that when I'd put Megadeth on shuffle and a song from Risk came on, it wasn't as bad as I remembered. I can't recall when was the last time I actually listened to the entrie album beginning to end though.

I just can't listen to St. Anger at all. Even if the drumming problem was somehow magically corrected, I still don't think I could find anything redeeming on that album. The drum issue is just the tip of the poor quality iceberg that is St. Anger.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm surprised that Megadeth has pulled ahead in this poll by such a large margin. Risk is not a good album, but St. Anger is just listenable IMO.
did you mean un-listenable?

Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:02 pm

St. Anger is quite possibly the absolute WORST album that ANY band has ever recorded, it just comes off an elaborate and unfunny prank on the masses, I can't believe Metallica spent all those years on St. Anger and it didn't sound like they put in ANY effort into recording it whatsoever. Risk on the other I actually find listenable enough, yes it does have some pretty terrible songs like Breadline, but it also has some pretty decent ones like Time and Crush Em, sure it sounds nothing like the Megadeth we know and love, but Risk isn't bad for what it is, whereas St. Anger is like nails a chalkboard, hell I'd rather listen to Justin Bieber(or any of the music that's popular with teens nowdays for that matter) then that piece of garbage album!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Risk has a few good, catchy songs. Not really Megadeth, but quite fun. St. Anger is appalling.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Storm_Rider89

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Risk easily, its not that bad an album to be honest with the exception of crush em. There are some decent songs on it like wanderlust and seven. Way better than St. Anger
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 5:28 am

I actually love 'Crush 'Em'. I'm not sure why.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:27 am

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
did you mean un-listenable?

Yes. Unlistenable.

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:50 am

both are pretty pants but i'd rather listen to Risk.
the only riff thats ok on St Anger is Some Kinda Monster and that ain't even really good.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:26 am

INVADERS wrote:
the only riff thats ok on St Anger is Some Kinda Monster and that ain't even really good.

pretty pants? Shocked

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:37 am

ultmetal wrote:
INVADERS wrote:

pretty pants? Shocked
I thought pretty pants was what GLAM rockers wore in the 80's. Brett says to C.C. backstage getting ready for a show, "Hey C.C. pass me my pretty pants".
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:41 am

lol... that's the tame version of what i'd like to call these albums but the cuss filter would just work it's magic lol
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:54 am

I like several songs on Risk. When I tried listening to St. Anger I felt like it was giving me cancer.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:37 am

I guess I will go with Risk, since I actually spent money on that album(though I did buy it used... for cheap) and downloaded St. Anger.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject:    St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:47 pm

chewie wrote:
I guess I will go with Risk, since I actually spent money on that album(though I did buy it used... for cheap) and downloaded St. Anger.

UH OH! Lars is gonna get you! St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 12087

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:03 pm

"Risk" is far better than "St. Anger", and that's tough for me to admit, since I've always been a fanboy of Metallica. Don't get me wrong, "Risk" is easily Megadeth's worst to date, but it has some good songs, such as "Insomnia", "Prince of Darkness", "The Doctor is Calling", "Wanderlust", "Time (The Beginning)", "Time (The End)".
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Quote :
I like Frantic, but St. Anger is far too hard to listen to from start to end without getting bored... But I find that with most Metallica albums.

I feel the same way, Though I do like Frantic and Invisable Kid and even Some Kind of Monster

I am more familiar with St Anger than I am with Risk but I do love Crush Em Im gonna have to go with Megadeth on this one
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:46 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
"Risk" is far better than "St. Anger", and that's tough for me to admit, since I've always been a fanboy of Metallica. Don't get me wrong, "Risk" is easily Megadeth's worst to date, but it has some good songs, such as "Insomnia", "Prince of Darkness", "The Doctor is Calling", "Wanderlust", "Time (The Beginning)", "Time (The End)".
Controversial; I'd probably take Risk over The World Needs the Hero. Something about the latter really didn't hit the mark for me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:15 pm

Addy wrote:
Quote :
I like Frantic, but St. Anger is far too hard to listen to from start to end without getting bored... But I find that with most Metallica albums.

I feel the same way, Though I do like Frantic and Invisable Kid and even Some Kind of Monster

I am more familiar with St Anger than I am with Risk but I do love Crush Em Im gonna have to go with Megadeth on this one

Invisable Kid is probably the best song on the album!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 5:18 pm

I DON'T own either, but if I find both for a $1 each, I would pick Risk. At least Risk is a listenable album, not like st. anger
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 6:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:
chewie wrote:

UH OH! Lars is gonna get you! St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 12087

lol!
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 6:38 pm

powermacho wrote:
I DON'T own either, but if I find both for a $1 each, I would pick Risk. At least Risk is a listenable album, not like st. anger
I paid about 27 cents in total for both albums. Risk was 26 cents, and St. Anger made up the remaining total. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St. Anger vs. Risk   St. Anger vs. Risk - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St. Anger vs. Risk
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next