Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Running Wild song

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

New Running Wild song Empty
PostSubject: New Running Wild song   New Running Wild song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 1:14 pm

http://pjmusic.com/ go to music and releases. It is called Burning Wheels. Not sure yet if it will be released under the Running Wild name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Running Wild song   New Running Wild song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:22 pm

I've heard he wanted to totally change styles so I was curious to see what new stuff would sound like. Not as bad as I feared, more poppy, but a long way from classic RW.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Running Wild song   New Running Wild song Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 3:31 pm

I like it. I kinda get the feeling RnR is going through his 'Digger' phase.

Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: New Running Wild song   New Running Wild song Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:07 pm

For anyone who wants easier access to the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2wZlBJeDH8

Has much better production than the one in the previous link.

This is quite surprising to say the least! I didn't expect to hear something so similar to Running Wild since RW is no longer around.

This could belong on a Running Wild album, it doesn't reinvent the wheel but it is similar to the Rogues En Vogue material meets Victory / the Brotherhood.

It's not nearly as good as RW's golden era but it still passes for a decent RW song.

It remains to be seen if Rolf will release this under the Running Wild banner; it would be a bit weird if he did considering the band did their supposed final ever show at Wacken last year. It could well be slated for a solo release...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Running Wild song   New Running Wild song Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:25 am

So wth is this? He put RW to rest last year, and here he is recording again?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: New Running Wild song   New Running Wild song Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:22 am

That part confuses me too.

My gut feeling says this song will most likely see the light of day on Rolf's solo album.

However, how much different does this song sound from any other Running Wild material?

It is not of the same quality as RW classic material, in some respects it even sounds like a poor man's Rogues En Vogue, and that wasn't such a great album (outside of 'The War').

There does not seem to be more info surrounding the song. For all we know it could well be an unreleased RW track, in which case it would make sense as the quality isn't so great for it to end up on any of RW's albums. By the sounds of it, this song could have been written circa the Brotherhood. It doesn't quite have that energy that either The Rivalry or Victory had - rather it seems a bit more laid back and 'rock n rollish' similar to some of the material found on the Brotherhood.

On the flip side, it somewhat defies logic for Rolf to release a solo album since he IS (or WAS) the heart of Running Wild. Rolf to Running Wild is like Mustaine to Megadeth - he may have had help from others throughout the years but ultimately there is only one mastermind behind it all. Personally, I wouldn't want to see this song as a RW number since i don't think it quite has the quality of a RW song - however, I have nothing against another solid Running Wild album (hopefully something a tad better than Rogues) even if we get another Rivalry or Victory I would still be very content.

In that regard it would not bother me if Running Wild were to reform with a proper touring line-up. I have liked this band since around 2001 but they weren't very active throughout the 00s - in fact I don't think they toured much outside of Germany in the last 10 years - Rolf didn't even tour around Europe all that much and he didn't even have a proper touring band in the last 10 years. It is a shame that such a legendary band should go away with just one last show in Wacken.

I hope if Rolf is serious about coming back that he does it properly and that we get the Running Wild of the 80s and 90s. Wishful thinking? Perhaps but I find it more of loss not to have Running Wild around than to have them tour, record and release albums.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: New Running Wild song   New Running Wild song Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:37 am

I've claimed since I first learned about the "Farewell" concert at Wacken that RW would return gloriously in 5 years, and sell out shows all over Europe. But new song already is a bit too early to cash in on any kind of reunion.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: New Running Wild song   New Running Wild song Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:55 am

I can't see Rolf cashing in on anything. I don't think RW were ever that commercially successful - they probably didn't need day-time jobs anymore after Death or Glory but that doesn't say much other than that they (or Rolf) could live off the band.

Also RW doesn't quite have a very large fanbase, rather it has a cult following even among metal heads. I think most metal fans don't know RW very well and only a handful really follow the band.

If anything I think Rolf is just bored in retirement and probably wants to either reform RW or get back on the road as a solo artist.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: New Running Wild song   New Running Wild song Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:08 am

I respectfully disagree, Alex Dee Rokket. RW are an underground band, yes. But they are better known than many bands out there today making a living of music, like Grave Digger, U.D.O. etc.

Running Wild will get a lot of offers from festivals all across Europe who would pay upwards to a million Euros to have them do a reunion gig at their festival... in a couple of years.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: New Running Wild song   New Running Wild song Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:16 am

I really hope that is true.

I live in Australia and I can tell you that it wasn't just incredibly challenging to find any RW albums here but more so, hardly anyone even knows of the band here.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

PostSubject: Re   New Running Wild song Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Accrording to the band Blazon Stone sold 100000 copies. The albums before between 50000 and 80000. For touring in Germany they had between 900 and 3000 people at their concerts. However the band had some bad luck touring outside Germany. They played in front of 1500 people in Spain but still made a loss.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Running Wild song   New Running Wild song Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:04 pm

I like it but I hope thats not from that band he was doing a while back that was about outerspace crap. I heard one song and thought it was horrible. This song is good though. So if it does end up being that band then I'm glad they changed.

I really doubt its a Running Wild song. Theres only so much you can write about pirates.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: New Running Wild song   New Running Wild song Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:43 am

Ugh yeah Toxic Taste is not what I would expect from Rolf!

Remember how he even dyed his hair red?

They were going for this cosplay thing - he was the red toxic dude and some other guy he had in the band was gonna be the green one ... blimey this isn't He-Man on Ice!

Either way I think that project is buried now. It didn't go anywhere anyway...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Running Wild song   New Running Wild song Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

If anything I think Rolf is just bored in retirement and probably wants to either reform RW or get back on the road as a solo artist.

I would agree with that. I would imagine after years of touring and making music, retirement just doesnt sit well.

tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

PostSubject: re   New Running Wild song Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:54 pm

According to some German news the song is from the forthcoming solo album of the guitar player. Rolf is singing just on this song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Running Wild song   New Running Wild song Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Running Wild song
Page 1 of 1